Siberian Federal District
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)
Siberian Federal District (Russian: Сиби́рский федера́льный о́круг, Sibirsky federalny okrug) is one of the eight federal districts of Russia. Its population was 17,178,298 according to the 2010 Census, living in an area of 4,361,800 square kilometers (1,684,100 sq mi). The entire federal district lies within the continent of Asia.
Siberian Federal District
Сибирский федеральный округ
|Established||18 May 2000|
|• Presidential Envoy||seat vacant|
|• Total||4,361,800 km2 (1,684,100 sq mi)|
|• Density||3.8/km2 (10/sq mi)|
|Omsk Oblast||UTC+06:00 (Omsk Time)|
|most of the district||UTC+07:00 (Krasnoyarsk Time)|
|Irkutsk Oblast||UTC+08:00 (Irkutsk Time)|
|Federal subjects||10 contained|
|Economic regions||2 contained|
high · 7th
The district was created by presidential decree on 13 May 2000 and covers around 30% of the total land area of Russia. In November 2018, Buryatia and Zabaykalsky Krai were removed from the Siberian Federal District and added to the Far Eastern Federal District in accordance with a decree issued by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
|#||Flag||Federal subject||Area in km2||Population (2010)||Capital/Administrative center|
|10||Republic of Khakassia||61,600||532,403||Abakan|
According to a 2012 survey 28.9% of the population of the current federal subjects of the Siberian Federal District (excluding Buryatia and Zabaykalsky Krai) adheres to the Russian Orthodox Church, 5.2% are unaffiliated generic Christians, 1.9% is an Orthodox believer without belonging to any church or adheres to other (non-Russian) Orthodox churches, 1.4% is an adherent of Islam, 1.2% is an adherant of Buddhism, and 1.6% adhere to some native faith such as Rodnovery, Tengrism, or Tuvan Shamanism. In addition, 33.2% of the population declares to be "spiritual but not religious", 18.7% is atheist, and 7.9% follows other religions or did not give an answer to the question.
Presidential plenipotentiary envoysEdit
- "1.1. ОСНОВНЫЕ СОЦИАЛЬНО-ЭКОНОМИЧЕСКИЕ ПОКАЗАТЕЛИ в 2014 г." [MAIN SOCIOECONOMIC INDICATORS 2014]. Regions of Russia. Socioeconomic indicators - 2015 (in Russian). Russian Federal State Statistics Service. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service (2011). Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года. Том 1 [2010 All-Russian Population Census, vol. 1]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года [2010 All-Russia Population Census] (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service.
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved July 20, 2021.
- "Siberia Federal District, Russia (Siberian)". RussiaTrek.org. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Официальный интернет-портал правовой информации". publication.pravo.gov.ru. Retrieved November 4, 2018.
- "Arena: Atlas of Religions and Nationalities in Russia". Sreda, 2012.
- 2012 Arena Atlas Religion Maps. "Ogonek", № 34 (5243), August 27, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2017. Archived.
- "Путин освободил Меняйло от должности губернатора Севастополя" (in Russian). Echo of Moscow. July 28, 2016. Retrieved July 28, 2016.