In American and Canadian sports, a fight song is a song associated with a team. In both professional and amateur sports, fight songs are a popular way for fans to cheer for their team, and are also laden with history; in singing a fight song, fans feel part of a large, time-honored tradition. Although the term "fight song" is primarily used in the United States, the use of fight songs is commonplace around the world, but they may also be referred to as team anthems, team songs or games songs in other countries, even such as Australia, Mexico and New Zealand. Fight songs differ from stadium anthems, used for similar purposes, in that they are usually written specifically for the purposes of the team, whereas stadium anthems are not.
Hundreds of colleges have fight songs, some of which are over a century old. The oldest collegiate fight song in the United States is Boston College's "For Boston", composed by T.J. Hurley in 1885.
One of the oldest games songs in Australia is Melbourne Grammar's 'Play Together, Dark Blue Twenty', which is sung to the tune of 'The March of the Men of Harlech'. It was composed by Ambrose John Wilson who was principal of the school from 1885-1893. This is not to be confused with the school hymn 'Ora et Labora' which is now sung to the tune of 'Jerusalem'.
List of professional sports team fight songsEdit
- Adelaide Crows – The Pride of South Australia
- Brisbane Lions – The Pride of Brisbane Town
- Carlton Blues – We are the Navy Blues
- Collingwood Magpies – Good Old Collingwood Forever
- Cronulla Sharks – Up, Up Cronulla
- Essendon Bombers – See The Bombers Fly Up
- Fremantle Dockers – Freo Way To Go
- Fremantle Dockers – T.N.T.
- Geelong Cats – We Are Geelong
- Gold Coast Suns – We Are the Suns of the Gold Coast Sky
- Greater Western Sydney Giants – There's a Big Big Sound
- Hawthorn Hawks – The Mighty Fighting Hawks
- Melbourne Victory – Stand By Me
- Melbourne Victory – Melbourne The Brave
- Melbourne Storm – We Are the Storm
- Melbourne Demons – It's a Grand Old Flag
- North Melbourne Kangaroos – Join in the Chorus
- Perth Glory – Blaze of Glory
- Port Adelaide Power – Power to Win
- Port Adelaide Power – Never Tear Us Apart
- Richmond Tigers – We're from Tigerland
- St Kilda Saints – When The Saints Go Marching In
- Sydney Swans – The Red and the White
- West Coast Eagles – We're Flying High
- Western Bulldogs – Sons of the West
- BC Lions – Roar You Lions Roar!
- Edmonton Eskimos – Eskimo Fight Song
- Saskatchewan Roughriders – Green Is The Color
- Brother Elephants – Adaption of Tomahawk Chop
- Uni-President Lions – Tumba (Part of Lo Ta-yu's Yellow Face)
- Baltimore Ravens – The Baltimore Fight Song
- Boston Red Sox – Tessie
- Buffalo Bills – Go Bills! (by Marv Levy)
- Chicago Bears – Bear Down, Chicago Bears
- Chicago Blackhawks – Here Come the Hawks
- Chicago Cubs – Go, Cubs, Go
- Chicago White Sox – Let's Go, Go-Go White Sox
- Cincinnati Bengals - "Bengals Growl"
- Dallas Stars – Puck Off (by Pantera)
- Detroit Lions – Gridiron Heroes
- Detroit Tigers – Go Get'em Tigers
- Green Bay Packers – Go! You Packers Go!
- Houston Texans – Football Time in Houston(English)
Pura Vida (Spanish)
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim – California Angels A-O-K
- Minnesota Twins - We're Gonna Win, Twins
- Minnesota Vikings – Skol, Vikings
- New Orleans Saints – When the Saints Go Marching In
- New York Mets – Meet the Mets
- New York Yankees – Here Come the Yankees
- Philadelphia Eagles – Fly, Eagles Fly
- Philadelphia Flyers – The Orange and the Black
- San Francisco Giants- Bye, Bye, Baby
- Los Angeles Chargers – San Diego Super Chargers
- Washington Redskins – Hail to the Redskins
List of college fight songsEdit
- Colleges whose names begin with "University of" or "College of" are listed by traditional name; for example, the University of Cincinnati is listed under C, not U.
- The service academies are universally referred to in sports media by their associated branch of service. This means, for example, that the United States Military Academy is found at A, for Army.
- The abbreviation "St.", standing for "Saint", is alphabetized as if it were spelled out. Some schools officially abbreviate the word (such as St. John's University in New York City), while others officially spell it out (such as Saint Louis University).
- Schools which are normally known by a different contraction of their official name, or an acronym/initialism, are listed by their most common name. Examples:
- The University of California, Berkeley is most often referred to by American sports media as either "California" or "Cal", meaning it can be found at C.
- The University of California, Los Angeles is generally called "UCLA", meaning it can be found at U.
- A few branch campuses of state university systems prefer to be known by their city for athletics purposes. Among them are the University of North Carolina at Charlotte ("Charlotte"), University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ("Chattanooga"), University of Nebraska Omaha ("Omaha"), University of Wisconsin–Green Bay ("Green Bay"), and University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee ("Milwaukee"). Such schools can be found at the first letter of their city name.
- Other regional campuses, such as California State University, Fresno, are listed by their regional name, meaning the aforementioned school can be found under F.
- Abilene Christian University – ACU Fight Song
- Adelphi University – Adelphi University Fight Song
- Adrian College – Hail Adrian!
- United States Air Force Academy – The U.S. Air Force (informally known as The Air Force Song, and often incorrectly known as Wild Blue Yonder) is played after touchdowns while the Falcon Fight Song is played after PAT's.
- University of Akron – Akron Blue and Gold
- University of Alabama – Yea Alabama!
- University of Alabama in Huntsville – We Are Chargers
- Alabama A&M University – Stand Up and Cheer
- Alabama State University – Hail Alabama
- University of Alaska Fairbanks – UAF Fight Song
- University at Albany, SUNY – Purple and Gold
- University of Alberta – University Cheer Song
- Albion College – Fyte Onne!
- Albright College – Albright Fight Song
- Alcorn State University – Alcorn State Fight Song (Tune of the "War Chant")
- Alfred University – On, Saxon Warriors
- Allegheny College – Allegheny Pep Song
- Alma College – Alma College Scots Fight Song
- American University – AU Fight Song
- Amherst College – Lord Jeffery Amherst, Cheer for Old Amherst, and Glory, Glory to Old Amherst
- Anderson University (Indiana) – Raven Fight Song
- Angelo State University – ASU Fight Song (tune of Across the Field)
- Appalachian State University – Hi Hi Yikas
- University of Arizona – Bear Down, Arizona! and Fight, Wildcats, Fight!
- Arizona State University – Maroon and Gold
- University of Arkansas – Arkansas Fight
- University of Arkansas–Pine Bluff – UAPB Fight Song
- Arkansas State University – ASU Loyalty Fight Song
- Arkansas Tech University – ATU Fight Song
- United States Military Academy (Army) – On Brave Old Army Team
- Ashland University – The Battle Song
- Assumption College – Greyhounds Win
- Auburn University – War Eagle
- Augsburg University – The Auggie Fight Song
- Augustana College (Illinois) – The Augustana Fight Song
- Augustana University (South Dakota) – The Augustana School Song
- Austin College – Austin College Fight Song (tune of On Wisconsin)
- Austin Peay State University – Austin Peay Fight Song
- Baldwin-Wallace College – B.W. Battle Song
- Ball State University – Fight, Team, Fight
- Barry University – Go Barry Go
- Bates College – School Songs
- Baylor University – Old Fight
- Bellarmine University – Bellarmine University Fight Song
- Belmont University – Belmont University Fight Song
- Bemidji State University – Go Bemidji Beavers
- Benedictine College – Raven Fight Song
- Bethune-Cookman University – Let's Go Wildcats
- Birmingham-Southern College – Birmingham-Southern Fight Song
- Bishop's University – Raise a Toast!
- Black Hills State University – BHSU Fight Song
- Boise State University – Boise State Fight Song
- Boston College – For Boston
- Boston University – Go BU
- Bowling Green State University – Forward Falcons
- Bradley University – Bradley Loyalty Song (Charge On, Bradley)
- Brandeis University – Brandeis Fight Song
- Brigham Young University – The Cougar Song (Rise and Shout, The Cougars Are Out)
- Brigham Young University-Hawaii – BYU-H Fight Song
- University of British Columbia – Hail, U.B.C. and High on Olympus
- Brown University – Ever True to Brown and The Brown Cheering Song
- Bucknell University – 'Ray Bucknell
- Buena Vista University – Buena Vista Fight Song
- University at Buffalo – Victory March, Go For A Touchdown, and Buffalo Fight Song
- Butler University – Butler War Song
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech) – Fight for California Tech
- California Lutheran University – The CLU Fight Song
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo – Ride High, You Mustangs
- Cal Poly Pomona – Bronco Fight Song
- California State University, Bakersfield – CSUB Victory!
- California State University, East Bay – Pioneer Fight Song
- California State University, Fullerton – Fight On, Titans
- University of California, Berkeley (California) – Fight for California (primary fight song), Big "C", Sons of California, The Golden Bear, California Indian Song, Stanford Jonah, Roll On You Golden Bear, Make Way for the Bear, and Palms of Victory
- Cameron University – Aggie's Fight
- Campbell University – Campbell University Fight Song (tune of Arizona State's fight song, "Maroon and Gold.")
- Canisius College – Canisius College March and Drive Canisius
- Capital University – Pride of the Purple
- Carnegie Mellon University – Fight for the Glory of Carnegie
- Carthage College – Carthage Fight Song
- Case Western Reserve University – Fight On, Case Reserve
- The Catholic University of America – C. U. Marching Song
- Centenary College (Louisiana) – Centenary Fight Song
- University of Central Arkansas – UCA Fight Song
- Central Connecticut State University – C.C.S.U. Victory
- Central Methodist University – Fighting Eagles
- Central Michigan University – The Fighting Chippewa, and Hail Chippewa!
- University of Central Missouri – Go Mules
- University of Central Oklahoma – UCO Fight Song
- Central State University – Fight for CSU
- Central Washington University – CWU Fight Song (tune of Across the Field)
- Centre College – Old Centre
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (Chattanooga) – Fight, Chattanooga!
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Charlotte) – Charlotte Fight Song
- University of Chicago – Wave the Flag (For Old Chicago) and Scholarly Yells
- California State University, Chico (Chico State) – Chico State Fight Song
- Christopher Newport University – CNU Fight Song
- University of Cincinnati – Cheer Cincinnati, Red and Black,Give A Cheer
- The Citadel – Dixie
- City College of New York – CCNY Fight Song
- Clarion (PA) – Carry On for Clarion
- Clark Atlanta University – Hail! Roaring Panthers
- Clayton State University – Clayton State Fight Song
- Clemson University – Tiger Rag
- Cleveland State University – The Pride of Cleveland
- United States Coast Guard Academy – Semper Paratus
- Coastal Carolina University – Coastal Carolina Fight Song
- Coe College – Coe Fight Song
- Colgate University – Fight, Fight, Fight and Fight for the Team
- University of Colorado Boulder (Colorado) – Glory, Glory Colorado, Go Colorado, and Fight CU
- Colorado School of Mines – The Mines Fight Song (same tune as Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech)
- Colorado State University – Colorado State Fight Song
- Colorado State University-Pueblo – CSU-Pueblo ThunderWolves Fight Song
- Columbia University – Roar, Lion, Roar, Stand Up and Cheer, Who Owns New York?
- Columbus State (GA) – Cougar Fight
- Concordia University, Chicago – Marching with Concordia
- Concordia University, St. Paul – Concordia Fight Song (Same tune as On Wisconsin)
- University of Connecticut – UConn Husky
- Converse College – Ride of the Valkyries
- Cornell University – Primarily, Give My Regards to Davy. Also, The Big Red Team, Fight for Cornell and New Cornell Fight Song
- Creighton University – The White and the Blue
- Dakota State University – DSU Fight Song
- Dartmouth College – Dartmouth's in Town Again, Come Stand Up Men, As the Backs Go Tearing By, and Glory to Dartmouth
- Davidson College – O Davidson
- University of Dayton – Victory
- University of Delaware – The Delaware Fight Song
- Denison University – Denison Marching Song
- University of Denver – Fairest of Colleges
- DePaul University – Blue Demons Fight Song
- DePauw University – Here's to DePauw (March on Down the Field)
- University of Detroit Mercy – The Titan Way
- Dickinson College – Fight, Fight for Dickinson
- Drake University – The "D" Song
- Drexel University – Drexel Fight Song
- Duke University – Fight! Blue Devils, Fight! and Blue and White
- Duquesne University – Victory Song (Red and Blue)
- Earlham College – "Fight Fight Inner Light"; "Battle Hymn of the Quakers"; "Theme of the Quaker Army"; "How Can We Keep from Scoring"; "Rah–Rah–Rio–Rem"; "Etc."
- East Carolina University – E.C. Victory
- East Central University – ECU Fight Song
- East Stroudsburg University (PA) – Hail Dear Old Stroudsburg
- East Tennessee State University – ETSU Fight Song
- Eastern Illinois University – Eastern Loyalty (a.k.a. EIU Fight Song)
- Eastern Kentucky University – Rally Maroon and White and Hail, Hail Eastern Maroons
- Eastern Michigan University – Eastern Eagles Fight Song ; Go Green (EMU Spirit Song)
- Eastern Oregon University – Mount Up
- Eastern Washington University – Go Eags! (tune of Stanford's Come Join the Band)
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania – Scotland the Brave
- Elmira College – Go E-L-M-I-R-A ! (EC Fight Song)
- Elon University – Here's to Elon, Let's Win This Game,
- University of Evansville – Hail to Evansville
- The Evergreen State College – The Geoduck Fight Song
- Fairfield University – The Fairfield University Fight Song
- Fairmont State University – Fairmont State Fight Song
- Ferris State University – Fighting Bulldogs
- University of Findlay – Findlay Fight Song
- University of Florida – The Orange and Blue
- Florida A&M University – Our Florida
- Florida Atlantic University – FAU Fight Song
- Florida International University (FIU) – We are the Panthers
- Florida State University – FSU Fight Song
- Fordham University – Fordham Ram
- Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne (Fort Wayne) – Go, Dons!
- Franklin College – Stand Up and Cheer
- Franklin & Marshall College – On Down the Field
- California State University, Fresno (Fresno State) – Fight, Varsity
- Furman University – Hail the White and Purple
- George Mason University – Onward to Victory
- George Washington University – Hail the Buff and Blue (a.k.a. The GW Fight Song)
- Georgetown University – There Goes Old Georgetown
- University of Georgia – Glory, Glory and Hail to Georgia
- Georgia Southern University – Southern Fight
- Georgia State University – Fight Panthers
- Georgia Tech (Georgia Institute of Technology) – Up with the White and Gold and Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech
- Gettysburg College – Loyalty Song
- Gonzaga University – For the White and the Blue and Bulldogs of Gonzaga
- Grambling State University – Fight for Dear Old Grambling
- Grand Valley State University – GVSU Victory
- University of Wisconsin–Green Bay (Green Bay) – Phoenix Fight Song
- Grinnell College – Here Come the Pioneers!
- Grove City College – Stand Up and Cheer!
- Guilford College – Brave Ole' Guilford Team!
- Gustavus Adolphus College – Gustie Rouser
- Guadalajara Autonomous University (UAG) Himnos Tecos!
- Hamilton College – We Never Will Forget Thee
- Hampton University – Hampton Fight Song
- University of Hartford – Hartford, On to Victory
- Harvard University – Ten Thousand Men of Harvard (main song); Yo-Ho; Harvardiana; Gridiron King; Up the Street; Soldiers Field; Score; R-A-D; Harvard Eternal; Veritas; Our Director; Fight Fiercely, Harvard; Onward Crimson
- Haverford College – Football Song
- University of Hawai'i – Co-Ed Fight Song
- Heidelberg College – Heidelberg Victory March
- High Point University – Panther Pride
- Hillsdale College – Hillsdale Fight Song (Charge On)
- Hiram College – Hooray for Hiram (tune of Our Director)
- Hofstra University – Hofstra Fight Song
- College of the Holy Cross – Chu-Chu Rah-Rah
- Hope College – Hope College Fight Song
- University of Houston – Cougar Fight Song
- Houston Baptist University– Get Up & Go You Mighty Huskies
- Howard University – Howard University Fight Song
- Howard Payne University – HPU Fight Song
- Humboldt State University – Drive On Humboldt
- University of Idaho – Go, Vandals, Go
- Idaho State University – Growl, Bengals, Growl!
- University of Illinois – Illinois Loyalty; Oskee Wow Wow
- Illinois State University – Go, You Redbirds
- Illinois Wesleyan University – Fight Wesleyan!
- Indiana University Bloomington (Indiana) – Indiana, Our Indiana and Indiana, Fight!
- Indiana State University – March On! (You Fighting Sycamores) and Cheer for the Blue and White
- University of Indianapolis – U of Indianapolis Fight Song
- University of Iowa – Iowa Fight Song, On Iowa
- Iowa State University – ISU Fights
- Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) – Let's Go Jags
- Jackson State University – Cheer Boys
- Jacksonville University – JU Dolphin Fight Song
- Jacksonville State University – JSU Fight Song
- James Madison University – JMU Fight Song
- Jesus College, Oxford – Exeter Wank Wank Wank
- John Carroll University – Onward John Carroll
- Johns Hopkins University – To Win and Johnny Hopkins, On to Victory
- Juniata College – Fight On, JC
- Kalamazoo College – All Hail to Kazoo
- University of Kansas – I'm a Jayhawk, Fighting Jayhawk, Stand Up and Cheer, Kansas Song, and Sunflower Song
- Kansas State University – Wildcat Victory
- Kent State University – Fight On for KSU
- University of Kentucky – On, On, U of K, Kentucky Fight
- Kentucky Wesleyan College – KWC Fight Song
- Kilgore College – Kilgore Rangers Song
- Knox College – Hail! Knox All Glorious and Fight, Siwash
- Kwansei Gakuin University – Shingetsu-ki no moto ni, Fight On Kwansei
- La Salle University – La Salle Fight Song
- Lafayette College – Lafayette Fight Song 1898 and On, Lafayette
- Lake Forest College – Fight for Lake Forest
- Lamar University – Go Big Red (tune of Kansas State's "Wildcat Victory")
- Lawrence University – Viking Song
- Lawrence Tech (MI) – Dear Old L.I.T.
- Lehigh University – Goblet, Rearing Tearing, Lehigh Will Shine, Lehigh Fight (instrumental)
- Liberty University – Fan The Flames!
- Long Beach State University – Long Beach State Fight Song
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette – Ragin' Cajuns Fight Song
- University of Louisiana at Monroe – ULM Fight Song
- Louisiana College – Fightin' Wildcats
- Louisiana Tech University – Tech Fight, Go Bulldogs
- University of Louisville – Fight, UofL and All Hail UofL
- Loyola University Chicago – Go Loyola
- Loyola University New Orleans – Loyola Fight Song
- Loyola Marymount University – Fight On Loyola
- Louisiana State University (LSU) – Fight for LSU
- Luther College (IA) – Field Song
- University of Maine – The Maine Stein Song (school song) For Maine (fight song)
- Marist College – The Marist Song
- Marquette University – Ring Out, Ahoya!
- Marshall University – Sons of Marshall
- University of Maryland, College Park – Maryland Fight Song (for football – played after opposing team scores) and Maryland Victory Song (more commonly heard during games, for football – played after Maryland scores).
- University of Massachusetts Amherst – Fight Mass
- McNeese State University – Joli Blon (unofficial), On McNeese (official)
- University of Memphis – Go! Tigers! Go!
- Mercer University – Hail to Mercer
- United States Merchant Marine Academy (Merchant Marine) – King's Point Victory
- University of Miami (Florida) – Hail to the Spirit of Miami U and Miami U How-Dee-Doo
- Miami University (Ohio) – Miami March Song
- University of Michigan – The Victors, Varsity, and The Yellow and Blue (alma mater)
- Michigan State University – Victory for MSU, and MSU Shadows (alma mater)
- Michigan Technological University – Fight Tech Fight
- MidAmerica Nazarene University – Pioneer Fight Song (tune of FSU Fight Song (Florida State University))
- Middle Tennessee State University – MTSU Fight Song
- Middlebury College – Cheer, Boys, Cheer
- Midwestern State University – Here's to the Maroon and Gold
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (Milwaukee) – UWM Fight Song
- University of Minnesota Duluth – Minnesota-Duluth Rouser
- University of Minnesota Morris – Minnesota-Morris Rouser
- University of Minnesota – Minnesota Rouser
- Minnesota State University, Mankato – the Minnesota State Rouser, (also called The Maverick Rouser)
- University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) – Forward Rebels, From Dixie With Love (The Hotty Toddy is a cheer, not a song, but it is often set up with Rock and Roll Part 2)
- Mississippi College – Mississippi College Fight Song
- Mississippi State University – Hail State
- Mississippi Valley State University – Devils Gun
- University of Missouri – Every True Son & Fight, Tigers
- Missouri State University – The Scotsman
- Missouri University of Science and Technology – Fight, Miners
- Missouri Western State University – Missouri Western Fight Song
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – The Engineer's Drinking Song
- Monmouth College (IL) – Monmouth College, Hail to Thee!
- Monmouth University (NJ) – Fight for Dear Old Monmouth
- University of Montana – Up With Montana
- Montana State University – Stand Up and Cheer
- Montana State University–Billings – MSU-B Fight Song (tune of Across the Field)
- Morehead State University – Fight for Morehead
- Morgan State University – Fight on 'ole Morgan Grizzly
- Mount St. Joseph University – MSJ Fight Song
- University of Mount Union – On, Mount to victory!"
- Murray State University – Murray State Fight Song
- United States Naval Academy (Navy) – Anchors Aweigh
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln (Nebraska) – Hail Varsity and Dear Old Nebraska U (There Is No Place Like Nebraska)
- University of Nebraska at Kearney – UNK Fight Song and UNK Color Song
- University of Nevada, Reno (Nevada) – Hail to Our Sturdy Men
- University of New Hampshire – "New Hampshire Hymn", "On to Victory" (recognized song), UNH Cheer (alt.)
- University of New Mexico – Hail New Mexico
- New Mexico Highlands University – Highlands Fight Song
- New Mexico State University – Aggies oh Aggies
- University of New Orleans – Let's Hear It For UNO
- Niagara University – Here's to Old Niagara
- Nicholls State University – Nicholls State Colonels Fight Song
- Norfolk State University – Norfolk State Fight Song
- University of North Alabama – North Alabama Fight Song
- University of North Carolina – I'm a Tar Heel Born, Here Comes Carolina
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University – Aggie Fight Song (Official), Old Aggie Spirit (Popular but unofficial)
- North Carolina State University – The NCSU Fight Song (Official) and Red and White (Popular but unofficial)
- North Central College – Cardinal Fight Song
- University of North Dakota – Fight On Sioux, It's For You, North Dakota U, Stand Up and Cheer
- North Dakota State University – On Bison
- North Park University (IL) – NPU Fight Song
- Northeastern University – All Hail Northeastern
- Northeastern Illinois University – Go Golden Eagles
- Northeastern State University – Northeastern, Northeastern
- Northern Arizona University – Lumberjack Fight Song
- University of Northern Colorado – UNC Fight Song
- Northern Illinois University – Huskie Fight Song
- University of Northern Iowa – UNI Fight Song
- Northern Kentucky University – Onward Ye Norsemen
- Northern Michigan University – Northern Michigan Fight Song
- Northwest Missouri State University – Wings of Victory
- Northwest Nazarene University – Victory Is Sure
- Northwestern University – Go U Northwestern and Rise, Northwestern!
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University – Ride Rangers
- Northwestern State University (LA) – Demon Fight Song
- University of Notre Dame – Notre Dame Victory March, Notre Dame, Our Mother, Rakes of Mallow, Damsha Bua (Victory Clog), and Hike Notre Dame
- New York University (NYU)– The Palisades (also known as Our Dear Old NYU)
- Oakland University (MI) – OU Fight
- Oberlin College – Ten-thousand Strong
- Occidental College – "Io Triumphe"
- Ohio University – Stand up and Cheer
- Ohio Northern University – Friends of ONU or Sons of ONU (older fight song)
- The Ohio State University – Buckeye Battle Cry, Across the Field
- University of Oklahoma – Boomer Sooner
- Oklahoma Christian University – Stand Up and Cheer
- Oklahoma State University–Stillwater (Oklahoma State) – The Waving Song, Ride 'Em Cowboys, and OSU Chant
- Old Dominion University – Fight, Old Dominion (official), Victory for Old Dominion (football fight song)
- University of Nebraska Omaha (Omaha) – UNO Fite
- Oral Roberts University – Spirit Song
- University of Oregon – Mighty Oregon
- Oregon State University – Hail to Old OSU
- Ouachita Baptist University – Ouachita Baptist Song (tune of Will the Circle Be Unbroken)
- University of Oxford – Shoo The Tabs or Shoe The Tabs
- University of the Pacific – UoP Fight Song
- Pacific Lutheran University – PLU Fight Song, When the Saints Go Marching In
- University of Pennsylvania – Fight on, Pennsylvania!
- The Pennsylvania State University – Fight On, State, The Nittany Lion, and Victory
- Pepperdine University – Fight Fight Fight for Pepperdine
- Pittsburg State University – On To Victory
- University of Pittsburgh – Hail to Pitt, Pitt Victory Song, and The Panther
- Polytechnic University of New York (now merged into NYU) – Marching Song
- University of Portland – Pilot Fight Song (a.k.a. Portland Victory March)
- Portland State University – Fight for Portland State
- Prairie View A&M University – Mighty Panthers
- Princeton University – The Princeton Cannon Song, Princeton Forward March, Princeton Stadium Song, Goin' Back. Tiger Rag, Orange and the Black, Princeton University Band March, Princeton Jungle March
- Providence College – When the Saints Go Marching In (was originally "Friar Away;" Saints was popularized in the 1950s as the introduction music to basketball broadcasts on WPRO.)
- University of Puget Sound – Fight for UPS
- Purdue University – Hail Purdue!
- Queen's University – Queen's College Colours, also called the Oil Thigh
- Quincy University (IL) – QU Fight Song
- Radford University – R.U. Fight Song or Honor and Glory
- Ramon Magsaysay High School, Manila – Mabuhay
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Hail, Dear Old Rensselaer
- University of Rhode Island – Rhode Island Cheer Song and "Rhode Island Born" (a slightly altered version of North Carolina's "I'm a Tar Heel Born")
- Rhodes College – Roll On
- Rice University – Rice Fight Song
- University of Richmond – Spider Born
- Roanoke College – Maroon Victory
- Robert Morris College (IL) – RMC Fight Song
- Robert Morris University (PA) – RMU Fight Song
- University of Rochester – March Men of Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology – Our Spirit Shows
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology – Dear Old Rose
- Royal Military College of Canada – Precision
- Rutgers University–New Brunswick (Rutgers) – The Bells Must Ring
- California State University, Sacramento (Sacramento State) – Fight Hornet Fight
- Sacred Heart University – Pioneer Fight Song
- Saginaw Valley State University – Cardinal Fight
- St. Bonaventure University – Unfurl the Brown and White
- St. Cloud State University – St. Cloud State Rouser
- St. Francis Xavier University – "Hail & Health"
- St. John's University (NY) – Fight For Old St. John's
- Saint Joseph's University – When the Hawks Go Flying In, Mine Eyes
- St. Lawrence University – The Scarlet and The Brown
- Saint Louis University – We Hail Saint Louis U.
- St. Olaf College – Um Ya Ya
- Sam Houston State University – Bearkat Fight Song (To the tune of "Semper Paratus")
- Samford University – Samford Fight Song
- San Diego State University – SDSU Fight Song
- University of San Francisco – Victory Song
- San Francisco State University – State Victory Song
- San Jose State University – San Jose State Fight Song
- Santa Clara University – Fight For Santa Clara
- University of Saskatchewan – Fight! Fight! Fight!
- Seton Hall University – Onward Setonia
- Siena College – When the Saints Go Marching In, and "S-I-E-N-A"
- Shepherd University – "Fight On" [For Old SU]
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania – The Horse
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIU Edwardsville) – SIU-E Fight Song
- Slippery Rock University – SRU Fight Song
- Southern Methodist University (SMU) – Peruna
- University of South Alabama – Jaguar Pride Fight Song
- University of South Carolina – Carolina Fight Song, Fight! USC, The Fighting Gamecocks Lead the Way (Step to the Rear), and The NC-4
- South Carolina State University – Bulldog Fight Song
- University of South Dakota – Hail South Dakota
- South Dakota State University – Ring the Bells
- University of South Florida – Golden Brahman March
- Southeast Missouri State University – SEMO Fight Song
- Southeastern Louisiana University – Cheer Our Team
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University – Southeastern
- Southern University – Southern Fight
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale (Southern Illinois) – Go! Southern! Go!
- University of Southern Mississippi (Southern Miss) – Southern to the Top
- Southwest Baptist University – SBU Fight Song
- Springfield College – Go Get 'Um, Springfield
- Stanford University – Come Join the Band (De facto: All Right Now)
- Stephen F. Austin State University – SFA Fight Song
- Swarthmore College – Hip, Hip, Hip, for Old Swarthmore
- Syracuse University – Down, Down the Field and The Saltine Warrior
- Taylor University – On Ye Tarleton (tune of On Wisconsin)
- Texas Christian University (TCU) – TCU March
- Temple University – T for Temple U and Fight! Temple Fight!
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville – Down the Field (official); Fight, Vols, Fight; and Rocky Top (unofficial)
- Tennessee State University – I'm So Glad
- Tennessee Technological University – There They Go Again
- University of Texas at Austin (Texas) – Texas Fight
- University of Texas at Arlington – UTA Fight Song
- Texas A&M University – Aggie War Hymn
- Texas A&M University–Commerce – A&M-Commerce Fight Song
- Texas A&M University–Kingsville – Jalisco and Javelina Victory March
- Texas Southern University – TSU Fight Song
- Texas State University – Go Bobcats!
- Texas Tech University – Fight Raiders, Fight
- Texas Woman's University – Daughters of Texas (written by John Philip Sousa)
- University of Toledo – Fight for Dear Old T U
- University of Toronto – Blue and White Song
- Towson University – "Hail Towson"
- Trinity College (CT) – TC Fight Song
- Troy University – Trojans, One and All
- Truman State University – Hail to the Bulldogs
- Tufts University – Tuftonia's Day
- Tulane University – Tulane Fight Song (and/or The Olive and Blue), Roll On Tulane
- University of Tulsa – Hurricane Spirit
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) – UAB Blazer Fight Song
- University of California, Davis (UC Davis) – Aggie Fight
- University of California, Irvine (UC Irvine) – U-C-I Fight, UCI Anteaters, We Raise our Voice in Love and Unity
- University of California, Riverside (UC Riverside) – Brave Scots
- University of California, San Diego (UC San Diego) – Triton Fight Song
- University of California, Santa Barbara (UC Santa Barbara) – El "C" Grande
- University of Central Florida (UCF) – Charge On
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) – Sons of Westwood and The Mighty Bruins
- University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) – Fire Up Flames!
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) – UMBC Riser
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNC Pembroke) – UNC-P Fight Song
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington (UNC Wilmington) – Green and Gold
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) – Win with the Rebels
- University of North Alabama – UNA Fight Song; also Go, Fight for UNA
- Upper Iowa University – UIU Fight Song (tune of Wildcat Victory – Kansas State University's Fight Song)
- Ursinus College – Ursinus Fight Song
- University of Southern California (USC) – Fight On (primary fight song), Conquest, Tribute to Troy, Cardinal and Gold, Song of Troy, Carry On, Marching Song of USC, Clear the Way for USC, Watch the Trojans Roll, Tusk, and USC Beloved Varsity
- University of Utah – Utah Man; also Utah Victory
- Utah State University – Utah State Fight Song
- Utah Valley University – Stand Up and Cheer, UVSC
- University of North Texas – Fight, North Texas
- University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) – UTEP Fight song and Miners Fight
- University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) – UTSA Fight Song
- Valdosta State University – Valdosta State Fight Song
- Valparaiso University – Valpo Fight Song
- Vanderbilt University – Dynamite and Cheer for Old Vandy
- Vermilion Community College – Roll Up The Score
- University of Vermont – Vermont Victorious
- Villanova University – V for Villanova
- University of Virginia – The Cavalier Song, UVA Yes!, and The Good Old Song (while The Good Old Song, to the tune of "Auld Lang Syne", is sometimes mistakenly listed as a fight song, it is actually the school's alma mater)
- Virginia Military Institute (VMI) – VMI Spirit
- Virginia Tech – Tech Triumph (fight song), Carry Me Back to Old Virginny, VPI Victory March (the second two are usually played directly in sequence after Tech Triumph is played)
- Wabash College – Old Wabash
- Wake Forest University – O Here's to Wake Forest
- Wartburg College (IA) – Fight on Knights
- University of Washington – Bow Down to Washington and Victory for Washington
- Washington and Lee University – Fight! Fight! Blue and White!; and Washington and Lee Swing
- Washington State University – Washington State University Fight Song
- Wayne State University (Michigan) – War March of the Warriors (Formerly "March of the Tartars")
- Weber State University – We Are the Wildcats
- Wesleyan University – Wesleyan Fight Song
- West Chester University – Rams Fight
- West Texas A&M University – On, On Buffaloes
- West Virginia University – Hail, West Virginia
- West Virginia State University – Hail to the Team
- Western Carolina University – Western Carolina Fight Song
- Western Illinois University – We Are Marching On
- Western Kentucky University – WKU Fight Song (tune of Stand Up and Cheer)
- Western Michigan University – WMU Fight Song
- University of Western Ontario – Western
- Western State Colorado University – Western State Fight Song
- Western Washington University – Viking Victory March
- Westminster College (PA) – Westminster Victory
- Whittier College – Go Poets!
- Wichita State University – Shocker Fight Song
- Wilbur Wright College-"Fight, Wright, Fight!"
- College of William & Mary – Tribe Fight Song
- William Jewell College – Fight William Jewell
- Williams College – Yard By Yard
- University of Wisconsin–Madison (Wisconsin) – On, Wisconsin!
- University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire – Onward to Victory
- University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh – Hail Titans
- University of Wisconsin–Rock County – Go Rattlers Go
- University of Wisconsin–Whitewater – Warhawk Battle Cry
- Wittenberg University – Wittenberg Fight
- College of Wooster – Black and Gold
- University of Wyoming – Ragtime Cowboy Joe
- Xavier University (OH) – XU Fight Song
- Yale University – Bingo, Eli Yale; Boola Boola; Bull Dog; Down the Field; Glory for Yale; and Whoop It Up
- Youngstown State University – (Wave For The) Red and White
- "High School Fight Songs | LoveToKnow". LoveToKnow. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "@BC » Feature Archive » Beyond "For Boston"". At.bc.edu. 2008-04-29. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- The Melbourne Grammar games song comprises verses from the school's three main sports at the time, Australian rules football, cricket and rowing. For example the Australian rules verse is:
'Play together, Dark Blue Twenty,
Long and little marks in plenty;
Get your kick, let none prevent ye,
Make the leather roll.
Mark your men, keen effort straining,
On the ball and show your training;
Still though short the time remaining,
Get another goal.'
The chorus between each verse is:
'None our ranks shall sunder.
Who will shirk or blunder?
If all are true
To our Dark Blue,
Our foemen must go under.
Honour ye the old School’s story,
Those who played and won before ye,
Bear the Dark Blue flag to glory,
Grammar to the fore.'
The cricket verse:
Bat with patience unremitting,
Yorker, shooter, break outwitting,
All the loose ones freely hitting,
That’s the game to play.
Skill the bat and ball in wielding,
Smartness, judgement in the fielding,
Iron nerve and pluck unyielding,
Scarce can lose the day.
The rowing verse:
Row the race, boys swing together,
Sinews tough as cords of leather,
Strong, yet light upon the feather,
Lift her, make her go!
Get the catch at the beginning,
Churn the tide in eddies spinning,
Now a spurt, you gain! you’re winning!
Melbourne Grammar, row!
A fourth verse with its own chorus was added in the early 20th century with imperial connotations:
'Some, in strife of sterner omen,
Faced the Empire’s stubborn foemen;
Fought, as erst their sires - her yeomen;
Won the deathless name.
Praise ye these who stood for Britain,
These by foreign marksmen smitten;
Praise them, for their names are written
High in storied fame.
None their ranks could sunder;
Who could shirk or blunder?
So stood they true
To the old Dark Blue,
And all their foes went under.
Honour ye the old School’s story,
Heroes who - her sons before ye -
Died or lived, but fought for glory,
While it is not officially discontinued, this addition is no longer sung.
- Eagle, Chester (1986). Play together, dark blue twenty. Melbourne: Trojan Press.
- Senyard, June (May 2002). "From Gentleman to the Manly: A Large Step for the Amateur" (PDF). Sporting Traditions. 18. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "The song book of the Church of England Grammar School, Melbourne". handle.slv.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "The Baltimore Fight Song". Archived from the original on 21 March 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- on YouTube
- "Alumni Spirit Zone". Franklin College. Archived from the original on May 27, 2010. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- See Marching 97 Website