2013 in the sport of athletics
In 2013 the foremost competition in athletics was the 2013 World Championships in Athletics in Moscow. The International Association of Athletics Federations will hold two other global level competitions this year: the 2013 IAAF World Cross Country Championships and the 2013 World Youth Championships in Athletics. The IAAF World Cross Country Championships will return after its move to a biennial format.
|2013 in athletics|
The Luzhniki Stadium, which hosted the 2013 World Championships
|Major world events||2013 World Championships|
- Canada Summer Games
- Chinese National Games
- German Championships
- Italian Championships
- Italian Indoor Championships
- Japanese Championships
- USA Track and Field Championships
- nb1 Tyson Gay, with 9.75 seconds, had a faster 100 m in 2013, but was disqualified due to doping.
- nb2 Bernard Koech, with 58:41 minutes, had a faster half marathon time but this was set on an aided San Diego course which was not eligible for record purposes.
- nb3 Priscah Jeptoo, with 65:45 minutes, had a faster half marathon time but this was set on an aided course at the Great North Run which was not eligible for record purposes.
- Season's best lists