Kseniya Olegovna Ryzhova, née Vdovina (Russian: Ксения Олеговна Рыжова; born April 19, 1987) is a Russian track and field sprint athlete, originally from Lipetsk. She was the 2013 World Champion in 4 × 400 m relay (running the third leg).
Ryzhova in Zagreb in 2010
|Disqualified||2013 Moscow||4 × 400 m relay|
|World Indoor Championships|
|2010 Doha||4x400 m relay|
|European Indoor Championships|
|2011 Paris||4x400 m relay|
|2006||World Junior Championships||Beijing, China||19th (sf)||200m||24.68 (wind: -2.8 m/s)|
|7th (h)||4 × 100 m relay||44.92|
|2007||European U23 Championships||Debrecen, Hungary||14th (sf)||200m||23.80 (wind: -0.6 m/s)|
|1st||4 × 100 m relay||43.67|
|Universiade||Bangkok, Thailand||12th (sf)||200 m||24.40|
|4th||4 × 100 m relay||44.16|
|2009||European U23 Championships||Kaunas, Lithuania||1st||4 × 400 m relay||3:27.59|
|2010||World Indoor Championships||Doha, Qatar||2nd||4 × 400 m relay||3:27.44|
|2011||European Indoor Championships||Paris, France||1st||4 × 400 m relay||3:29.34|
|World Championships||Daegu, South Korea||1st (h)||4 × 400 m relay||3:20.94|
|2013||World Championships||Moscow, Russia||7th||400 m||50.98|
|DSQ (1st)||4 × 400 m relay||DSQ (3:20.19)|
|2014||World Indoor Championships||Sopot, Poland||DSQ (4th)||4 × 400 m relay||DSQ (3:28.39)|
|2015||World Championships||Beijing, China||—||4 × 100 m relay||DNF|
|4th||4 × 400 m relay||3:24.84|
2013 Moscow kissEdit
During the medal ceremony for the women's 4×400 metres relay images of Kseniya Ryzhova and Yuliya Gushchina[n 1] sharing a kiss on the lips spread through social media and were interpreted as a protest against the anti-gay laws. Both Ryzhova and Gushchina denied any intention to make such a protest, rather they were simply happy with their athletic success, and stated that they were married to men. Although reports were principally focused on the pair, all four of the Russia relay runners briefly kissed each other on the podium. Ryzhova described her assumed connection to LGBT as insulting. The Russian Minister for Sport, Vitaly Mutko, said that Western media had over-emphasised the issue, noting that same-sex relations are not illegal in Russia and sparser coverage of the issue in domestic media.
- "Russian athlete Ksenya Ryzhova disqualified for nine months for doping". ITAR-TASS. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Competed only in the heat.
- Sara Malm and Stuart Woledge (2013-08-19)
- Hart, Simon (2013-08-18). World Athletics Championships 2013: gay row 'invented by Western media' insists Russian sports minister. Daily Telegraph. Retrieved on 2013-08-19.
- Luhn, Alec (2013-08-19). Russian athlete denies kiss with relay partner was in protest at anti-gay law. The Guardian. Retrieved on 2013-08-19.
- VIDEO: Russian relay team kiss on podium in Moscow, World Athletics Championships 2013. 3 News. Retrieved on 2013-08-19.
- "Рыжова: западные СМИ оскорбили и нас с Юлей, и всю федерацию". Газета.Ru. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- Russia's anti-gay law uproar an 'invented problem' – sports minister. The Guardian/Reuters (2013-08-19). Retrieved on 2013-08-19.
|This biographical article relating to Russian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|