2013 European Mountain Running Championships
The 2013 European Mountain Running Championships were held on 6 July at Borovets in Sofia, Bulgaria. The competition featured four individual races: The men's race was 11.8 km long and with an ascent of 1152 m, the women's and junior men's races were 8.8 km long with an ascent of 1072 m. and the junior women's race was 3.5 km long with an ascent of 530 m.
|2013 European Mountain Running Championships|
|Host city||Borovets, Bulgaria|
|Distances||11.8 km +1152m– Men|
8.8 km +1027m– Women
8.8 km +1027m– Junior men
3.5 km +530m– Junior women
In the men's race, Bernard Dematteis ended Ahmet Arslan's six year winning streak by finishing first, over a minute ahead of Alex Baldaccini who finished second and Arslan who finished third. In the women's race, Andrea Mayr won her second title, beating Valentina Belotti and Mateja Kosovelj by 1 minute 5 seconds and 1 minute 18 seconds respectively. In total 217 athletes from 27 countries participated.
|5||Steve Vernon||United Kingdom||58:33|
|7||Robert Krupicka||Czech Republic||58:52|
|8||Chris Smith||United Kingdom||59:12|
|6||Emma Clayton||United Kingdom||55:16|
- "Men individual (11.8 km/1152 m/75 participants)". World Mountain Running Association. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Women individual (8.8 km/1027 m/64 participants)". World Mountain Running Association. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Junior Men individual (8.8 km/1027 m/40 participants)". World Mountain Running Association. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Junior Women individual (3.5 km/530 m/37 participants)". World Mountain Running Association. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Wonderful 12. European Mountain Running Champs. 2013 at Borovets (Bulgaria):Italy and Turkey at top!". 6 July 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2019.