- 1 Asib tracks no
- 2 LMAO!
- 3 Potential collab?
- 4 Wikipedia:Peer review/Veerapandiya Kattabomman (film)/archive2
- 5 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
- 6 Bradley Cooper scheduled for TFA
- 7 Margaret (singer)
- 8 Any interest in a collab?
- 9 Emma Stone
- 10 Wikipedia:Featured list candidates/List of accolades received by Mersal (film)/archive1
- 11 PR by me and Kailash29792
- 12 Scarlett Johansson
- 13 Scarlett Johansson scheduled for TFA
- 14 A barnstar for you!
- 15 Lady Gaga
- 16 Taylor Swift
- 17 Taylor Swift Edit Summary
- 18 "List" article
- 19 Parinda
- 20 Kal Ho Naa Ho FAC
- 21 Request for FAC help
- 22 Taylor Swift scheduled for TFA
- 23 A barnstar for you!
- 24 A barnstar for you!
- 25 Leonardo DiCaprio FA
- 26 Shot in the dark
- 27 Sathi Leelavathi (1936)
Asib tracks noEdit
Hey, so I still don’t see why we should include this information in her biography and not leave it just in the album’s article. Its clearly stated in the opening sentence that she co-wrote and co-produced the soundtrack. Isn’t that enough ? ArturSik (talk) 12:41, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi FrB.TG, hope all is well. I was thinking of branching out and trying out a biography article - would you be at all interested in collaborating on Willam Belli? Not entirely sure if you're familiar with Willam's work, but thought it could be a fun project to try something new. ceranthor 15:36, 22 October 2018 (UTC)
Hello Frank, been a while. How are things with your good self? BTW, Kailash29792 and I have listed this article about a 1959 cult classic film in Tamil cinema for peer reviewing with the intention of preparing it for FAC and subsequently taking it to FA. Your constructive comments would be deeply appreciated. Thank you. — Ssven2 Looking at you, kid 05:22, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter messageEdit
Bradley Cooper scheduled for TFAEdit
This is to let you know that the Bradley Cooper article has been scheduled as today's featured article for January 5, 2019. Please check the article needs no amendments. If you're interested in editing the main page text, you're welcome to do so at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/January 5, 2019, but note that a coordinator will trim the lead to around 1000 characters anyway, so you aren't obliged to do so.
Thank you "the recipient of People's "Sexiest Man Alive" in 2011, though it's more of "Sexiest White Man Alive". Aside from the so-called accolade, he is a talented actor, having found his breakthrough in his mid 30s in late 2000s. The article was promoted on 1st of September by Jaguar who passed it straight away and found it to be FAC material"! I am happy that it worked his birthday after promotion!! Also:
Hi. I was wondering if you could review the 'Artistry' section of the article. I expanded it few weeks ago but wouldn't want to clutter the article with redundant information, and since you're familiar with the article and topic I guess you'd know exactly what the section should contain and what should go. Also, I'm a bit concerned about the flow. I feel like the first paragraph is a bit choppy and jumps from one subject to another. Hope to hear back from you soon. Best. ArturSik (talk) 19:59, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
Any interest in a collab?Edit
- Ceranthor, yeah sure why not? FrB.TG (talk) 13:43, 18 January 2019 (UTC)
- Great. I'm going to try to compile some sources to work with this weekend, since I'm a bit busy with projects at the moment. By the way, if you have any down time, I just started a peer review for Newberry Volcano, which I'm hoping to take to FAC in the next month or two. ceranthor 14:04, 18 January 2019 (UTC)
You appear to have experience editing the biography of Emma Stone. I've recently done some citations clean-up on her last film The Favourite and have been looking for someone who might be able to take up doing the GAN assessment. Any interest? CodexJustin (talk) 15:30, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
Hi there, Frankie my boy. It has been a while. How is everything with your good self? Btw, I've been working on my latest FLC. Please feel free to leave your comments, which are constructive as always. — Ssven2 Looking at you, kid 16:44, 3 April 2019 (UTC) Resolved the IB Times source now. — Ssven2 Looking at you, kid 17:05, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
PR by me and Kailash29792Edit
I was hoping you could also post some comments at the PR of this 1978 Tamil film, Mullum Malarum. It is considered to be a breakthrough for Rajinikanth as an actor and protagonist as he was mainly into antagonist and supporting roles at the time. A fellow editor and friend of mine, Kailash29792, is planning to take this article to FA. Please do help him out as he is making a fourth attempt at FA for this film. The PR for Mullum Malarum is right here.
Also another thing. I've opened up a peer review of my own for my next attempt at an FA. This article is about Kal Ho Naa Ho, a 2003 Indian Hindi film that has Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role. Please do have a look at the article and post your comments at the peer review for Kal Ho Naa Ho, the link for which is right here. Do let me know when you post your comments at the peer reviews of both the articles. Thanks. — Ssven2 Looking at you, kid 12:44, 7 April 2019 (UTC)
- Ssven2, I'm not sure if I'll be able to mange three reviews, as I am currently reviewing The Favorite for GA. If time allows, I'll definitely try leaving comments for KHNH at its possible FAC if not PR. FrB.TG (talk) 10:15, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- No worries, Frank. But I feel that you can help out Kailash with Mullum Malarum. He needs the improvement more than I do for KHNH as it is his 4th attempt at FAC after the PR. So, a good list of constructive comments would be useful at Mullum Malarum's PR. Thanks. — Ssven2 Looking at you, kid 11:58, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Hi. Ealdgyth would like to run this at TFA at the end of May, and I'm having trouble writing the blurb ... which sentences would you prefer to see in the blurb? - Dank (push to talk) 23:19, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
Scarlett Johansson scheduled for TFAEdit
This is to let you know that Scarlett Johansson has been scheduled as WP:TFA for 30 May 2019. Please check that the article needs no amendments. If you're interested in editing the main page text, you're welcome to do so at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/May 30, 2019. Thanks! Ealdgyth - Talk 23:41, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Dank and Ealdgyth: if possible, can you schedule another article for that day please? I have another date in mind for her main page appearance (not her 35th birthday). Thank you. FrB.TG (talk) 13:21, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- I didn't get pinged by your last edit, FrB .... you have to sign after you ping someone or add them to a ping for it to work. I'm not involved in scheduling. I think Ealdgyth saw your ping, and I'll email her to make sure. On the upside ... I did manage to come up with a blurb that I think will work, but feel free to edit it if you like ... if it doesn't run at the end of May, it will run sometime. - Dank (push to talk) 14:02, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for writing about her who "has made quite a name for herself from beginning acting from the age of seven to becoming one of Hollywood's biggest stars. She is also quite often in the lists of sexiest women in the world, which contributes significantly to her public image. I saw some of her films not long ago and liked her in them."! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 06:55, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Original Barnstar|
|Nice review for The Favourite. It's a feather in the cap for Emma Stone's articles. CodexJustin (talk) 14:45, 24 April 2019 (UTC)(UTC)|
Taylor Swift Edit SummaryEdit
I had a read through the guide linked (thank you for that), and I found: "a lead section should contain no more than four well-composed paragraphs and be carefully sourced as appropriate." (emphasis added).
Further down, I also found "material that is challenged... should be supported by an inline citation."
So I was wondering if you'd be willing to reconsider your stance on that edit, given that information, or if you had further explanation? Thanks for your time. Cheers! Elfabet (talk) 12:19, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Elfabet: As you know the lead is supposed to summarize the article and so does not need to be sourced. There are sources for the “leading contemporary” statement - her dominance in earnings listings, her sales records, the countess hits and the number of awards and nominations she has received. These should be well enough I think. FrB.TG (talk) 22:45, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- FrB.TG, Thanks for your thoughts.
- I think you may be misunderstanding the policy on contested material, and generalization.
- I don't think you should ignore the policy which says the lead should be sourced, especially since someone added the tag, as it then, by definition, is "contested material". Our options, in such case, are to source the statement or remove it, per WP:BLP. Cheers! Elfabet (talk) 12:25, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
Hi FrB.TG, long time no talk! How've you been? Everything here is pretty good. I'm writing to you because I know you've done lots of "List" articles before, and I actually have never done a single one and about to create my first one. The content is here: User:Moisejp/sandbox4#List_of_performances_by_the_Amps. Do you have advice about what the best name for the article would be? And any formatting or other advice? I was thinking about making one table for 1995 and another for 1996, and losing the year column, except that the series of Australian concerts (Summersault Festival) extends across both years. I see in some Lady Gaga tour lists the year is put in the date column, maybe that's the way to go.
Also, is there a page somewhere with guidelines for creating a list article? Of course I know I need to write a blurb at the beginning before the list itself, and I have sources to add for all of the dates.
I guess my most important question is what to call the article because that would be the hardest to change after the fact. Thanks in advance for any advice! Cheers, Moisejp (talk) 20:19, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Moisejp, I’ve been good, hope all’s well with you. I’ll try and give some feedback and/or advice on your list very soon. FrB.TG (talk) 22:26, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks so much, whenever you have time it'd be much appreciated. I've now moved it here: User:Moisejp/sandbox7. There's no big rush for your feedback because I'm currently tinkering away at adding the sources for each date, and when I finish that I have other stuff I'm working on for the band's main article and their sole album's article. I'll expand the blurb for the list at some point too. Have a good day. Moisejp (talk) 04:48, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Moisejp: For now, you can model it after List of Lady Gaga live performances I wrote a few years ago with another editor. I’ll keep checking the list regularly and let you know if something’s odd. FrB.TG (talk) 09:31, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
Its been a while, Frankie my friend. How are you? Hope everything's going well with you. BTW, I have resolved your comments at the FAC and have replied to your query about BuzzFeed. Kailash has also been kind enough to address some of your comments as well. Do let me know if there's anything at all, Frank. Thanks. — Ssven2 Looking at you, kid 07:46, 27 July 2019 (UTC)
Request for FAC helpEdit
Hello again! Apologies for the super random message. I hope you are having a good weekend so far. I was wondering if you could do a source review for my current FAC? I understand if you are not interested or do not have the time, but I thought that I might as well ask. Have a great rest of your weekend! Aoba47 (talk) 06:06, 28 July 2019 (UTC)
Taylor Swift scheduled for TFAEdit
This is to let you know that Taylor Swift has been scheduled as WP:TFA for 23 August 2019. Please check that the article needs no amendments. If you're interested in editing the main page text, you're welcome to do so at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/August 23, 2019. Thanks! Ealdgyth - Talk 16:26, 28 July 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|For your outstanding contributions to Wikipedia. Mazewaxie (talk • contribs) 18:42, 7 August 2019 (UTC)|
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For your edits on the Leonardo DiCaprio article. Thanks. Mazewaxie (talk • contribs) 19:26, 5 October 2019 (UTC)|
Leonardo DiCaprio FAEdit
Do you think one of us should notify Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Actors and Filmmakers as well? Or do you think that the FA nomination will be better off not bringing in anyone from there to comment? Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Biography looks like it will bring in no traction.
Shot in the darkEdit
No guts no glory, reaching out in hope of recruiting you to work a bit on the Christopher Nolan articles, all of which should easily be GA/FA with some effort. The awards article admittedly needs a bit of work though.
I completely understand if this is 100% uninteresting, please take my plea as an expression of admiration. :)
- Nolan is one of my most favorite directors and I would love for his articles to be GA and eventually FA, but I'm not that active anymore. The only article I have worked on in the past 20 months is Leonardo DiCaprio's.