Wikipedia:Today's featured article/requests
Here the community can nominate articles to be selected as "Today's featured article" (TFA) on the main page. The TFA section aims to highlight the range of articles that have "featured article" status, from Art and architecture through to Warfare, and wherever possible it tries to avoid similar topics appearing too close together without good reason. Requests are not the only factor in scheduling the TFA (see Choosing Today's Featured Article); the final decision rests with the TFA coordinators Dank, Jimfbleak, Ealdgyth and Wehwalt, who also select TFAs for dates where no suggestions are put forward). Please confine requests to this page, and remember that community endorsement on this page does not necessarily mean the article will appear on the requested date.
If you have an exceptional request that deviates from these instructions (for example, an article making a second appearance as TFA, or a "double-header"), please discuss the matter with the TFA coordinators beforehand.
It can be helpful to add the article to the pending requests template up to 1 year before the requested date. This does not guarantee selection, but does help others see what nominations may be forthcoming. Requestors should still nominate the article here during the 30-day timeframe.
– Alt text
Today's featured article (TFA):
Featured article tools:
How to post a new nomination:
In the absence of exceptional circumstances, TFAs are scheduled in date order, not according to how long nominations have been open or how many supportive comments they have. So, for example, January 31 will not be scheduled until January 30 has been scheduled (by TFAR nomination or otherwise).
Currently accepting requests from December 1 to December 31.
|Nonspecific 1||Charles H. Stonestreet||1|
|December 24||Frank Borman||5|
|December 26||"A Rugrats Kwanzaa"||2|
† Tally may not be up to date. The nominator is included in the number of supporters.
Nonspecific date nominationsEdit
Nonspecific date 1Edit
Charles H. StonestreetEdit
- Most recent similar article(s): Thomas F. Mulledy. Both were Jesuits, but they lived in different eras and had very different lives.
- Main editors: Ergo Sum
- Promoted: November 9, 2019
- Reasons for nomination: While there are many dates that could be tied to the subject, none are particularly prominent in his life. Therefore, I'm listing for a nonspecific date.
- Support as nominator. Ergo Sum 13:54, 10 November 2019 (UTC)
- I'm starting a mini-break soon. Not sure yet how it will work, but I'll recuse on this one. - Dank (push to talk) 14:24, 10 November 2019 (UTC)
Nonspecific date 2Edit
Nonspecific date 3Edit
Nonspecific date 4Edit
Specific date nominationsEdit
- Most recent similar article(s): Michael Collins (astronaut) on October 31; next astronaut will likely be Buzz Aldrin on January 20, 2020
- Main editors: Hawkeye7
- Promoted: 3 November 2019
- Reasons for nomination: 51st anniversary of the Earthrise
- Support as nominator. --- Coffeeandcrumbs 03:47, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support, with a small tweak (per WP:MILTERMS). - Dank (push to talk) 04:39, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support great to see a few astronauts coming through TFA. Peacemaker67 (click to talk to me) 09:20, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support per Peacemaker. Gog the Mild (talk) 12:54, 9 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support per the above. Aoba47 (talk) 20:29, 18 November 2019 (UTC)
A Rugrats KwanzaaEdit
- Most recent similar article(s): The most recent TfA for an episode is "No Such Thing as Vampires" on November 1, 2019
- Main editors: Aoba47
- Promoted: October 13, 2019
- Reasons for nomination: Nominating for the first day of Kwanzaa (December 26)
- Support as nominator. Aoba47 (talk) 18:23, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
- Support, with a tweak. - Dank (push to talk) 18:36, 31 October 2019 (UTC)