Wikipedia:Today's featured article/requests< Wikipedia:Today's featured article
Here the community can nominate articles to be selected as "Today's featured article" (TFA) on the main page. The TFA section aims to highlight the range of articles that have "featured article" status, from Art and architecture through to Warfare, and wherever possible it tries to avoid similar topics appearing too close together without good reason. Requests are not the only factor in scheduling the TFA (see Choosing Today's Featured Article); the final decision rests with the TFA coordinators Dank, Jimfbleak, Ealdgyth and Wehwalt, who also select TFAs for dates where no suggestions are put forward). Please confine requests to this page, and remember that community endorsement on this page does not necessarily mean the article will appear on the requested date.
The rules for nominations are relatively simple:
If you have an exceptional request that deviates from these instructions (for example, an article making a second appearance as TFA, or a "double-header"), please discuss the matter with the TFA coordinators beforehand.
It can be helpful to add the article to the pending requests template up to 1 year before the requested date. This does not guarantee selection, but does help others see what nominations may be forthcoming. Requestors should still nominate the article here during the 30-day timeframe.
– Alt text
Today's featured article (TFA):
Featured article tools:
How to post a new nomination:
In the absence of exceptional circumstances, TFAs are scheduled in date order, not according to how long nominations have been open or how many supportive comments they have. So, for example, January 31 will not be scheduled until January 30 has been scheduled (by TFAR nomination or otherwise).
Currently accepting requests from February 1 to March 3.
|Nonspecific 1||Dark Angel (2000 TV series)||Series was set in 2019||2|
|3 February||Felix Mendelssohn||210th birthday||3||0|
|14 February||Chains of Love (TV series)||Valentine's Day||2||0|
† Tally may not be up to date. The nominator is included in the number of supporters.
Nonspecific date nominationsEdit
Nonspecific date 1Edit
Dark Angel (TV series)Edit
- Most recent similar article(s): Project television: Starvin' Marvin (September 4, 2018), TV series: Eve (U.S. TV series) (September 5, 2017)
- Main editors: Damien Linnane
- Promoted: January 25, 2017
- Reasons for nomination: Series was set in 2019.
- Support as nominator. Damien Linnane (talk) 23:15, 25 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support. I completely forgot that the show was set in 2019; it is kind of strange/surreal to think about it. Aoba47 (talk) 23:15, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
Nonspecific date 2Edit
Nonspecific date 3Edit
Nonspecific date 4Edit
Nonspecific date 5Edit
Specific date nominationsEdit
- Most recent similar article(s): no classical composer for the last 3 months
- Main editors: Smerus
- Promoted: Jan 2018
- Reasons for nomination: birthday (210)
- Support as nominator. Gerda Arendt (talk) 12:30, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support as main editor - a nice birthday present for Felix, thanks for thinking of this, Gerda.--Smerus (talk) 17:04, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support as the date makes sense and should hopefully draw more attention to him and the article. Aoba47 (talk) 23:16, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support - we haven't had any classical music composers for some time, birthday looks like a good date. L293D (☎ • ✎) 21:31, 18 January 2019 (UTC)
Chains of Love (TV series)Edit
- Most recent similar article(s): The last television-related article was San Junipero on January 20, 2019, though the last television show (Eve (U.S. TV series)) was on September 5, 2017.
- Main editors: Aoba47
- Promoted: December 23, 2017
- Reasons for nomination: An article on a dating game show would seem appropriate for a Valentine's Day appearance.
- Support as nominator. Aoba47 (talk) 23:27, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
- Support. Pretty familiar with this one already as I was one of the FAC reviewers. Looks like an appropriate Valentine's day choice to me. Damien Linnane (talk) 01:02, 4 January 2019 (UTC)