Wikipedia:Today's featured article/requests
Here the community can nominate articles to be selected as "Today's featured article" (TFA) on the main page. The TFA section aims to highlight the range of articles that have "featured article" status, from Art and architecture through to Warfare, and wherever possible it tries to avoid similar topics appearing too close together without good reason. Requests are not the only factor in scheduling the TFA (see Choosing Today's Featured Article); the final decision rests with the TFA coordinators Dank, Jimfbleak, Ealdgyth and Wehwalt, who also select TFAs for dates where no suggestions are put forward). Please confine requests to this page, and remember that community endorsement on this page does not necessarily mean the article will appear on the requested date.
The rules for nominations are relatively simple:
If you have an exceptional request that deviates from these instructions (for example, an article making a second appearance as TFA, or a "double-header"), please discuss the matter with the TFA coordinators beforehand.
It can be helpful to add the article to the pending requests template up to 1 year before the requested date. This does not guarantee selection, but does help others see what nominations may be forthcoming. Requestors should still nominate the article here during the 30-day timeframe.
– Alt text
Today's featured article (TFA):
Featured article tools:
How to post a new nomination:
In the absence of exceptional circumstances, TFAs are scheduled in date order, not according to how long nominations have been open or how many supportive comments they have. So, for example, January 31 will not be scheduled until January 30 has been scheduled (by TFAR nomination or otherwise).
Currently accepting requests from April 28 to May 28.
|April 28||Thomas Crisp||anniversary of birth||2||0|
|May 1||Green Park tube station||40th anniversary of opening of Jubilee line||3||0|
|May 8||Myst III: Exile||anniversary of release||1||0|
† Tally may not be up to date. The nominator is included in the number of supporters.
Nonspecific date nominationsEdit
Specific date nominationsEdit
- Most recent similar article(s): March 26 2019 - SMS Schlesien (last WWI article)
- Main editors: Jackyd101
- Promoted: 21 April 2007
- Reasons for nomination: anniversary of birthday
- Support as nominator. Cas Liber (talk · contribs) 10:08, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- Support A well written and interesting article. Entirely suitable to be TFA. Gog the Mild (talk) 11:09, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- Support Looks great for TFA! EggRoll97 (talk) 07:00, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
Green Park tube stationEdit
- Most recent similar article(s): Currently, the most recent railway related article is AirTrain JFK scheduled for 9 March 2019. The most recent station article is Edmonds station (Washington) which was TFA on 21 December 2018.
- Main editors: DavidCane
- Promoted: 6 November 2018
- Reasons for nomination: 40th anniversary of the opening of the London Underground's Jubilee line which serves this station.
- Support as nominator. DavidCane (talk) 17:35, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support Seems a solid article and an appropriate anniversary. Gog the Mild (talk) 20:21, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support Solid, well-cited and clean article that would do well as a featured article on the main page. — Stevey7788 (talk) 03:46, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
- The blurb was a little short, so I expanded it with material from the lead. Feel free to edit. - Dank (push to talk) 02:47, 24 February 2019 (UTC)