Please add your message to the bottom of this page, give it a heading and sign it using four tildes ~~~~.
Contested Deletion : Goodberry's Frozen CustardEdit
Hi Jim. I am trying to add a frozen custard chain that is missing from wikipedia. Another user keeps marking it for speedy deletion for being advertising, and you keep deleting it. I have no connections with that chain whatsoever, and looking at wikipedias policy, acknowledging the existence of a place does not seem to meet the definition of the thing it keeps getting deleted under. If was creating the article in the same form as all of the ones in List of frozen custard companies, so if i am wrong you might want to delete the pages for everything in that list. Thanks. Falderol (talk) 17:50, 9 May 2021 (UTC)
- Replied on user talk page, I'll have a look at the list when I get time Jimfbleak - talk to me? 09:31, 10 May 2021 (UTC)
Contested Deletion : CIMA, the Center for Italian Modern ArtEdit
This page was deleted without allowing me the chance to make changes. I visited the Center, thought it was worthy of inclusion, found credible sources and then read other small art museum entires in an effort to make a page that would be helpful. I am going to repost and if you could please tell me what was incorrect about it, I am happy to make an edit (or many edits). I cannot see why the page wouldn't be a helpful resource. thank you askkaty2write 15:11, 11 May 2021 (UTC)
- Replied on user talk page, promo tone and copyright violation Jimfbleak - talk to me? 12:38, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for the feedback Jim. I had already removed a lot of what was flagged. Would it be appropriate to start all over again or resubmit when I feel like I've done a better job? askkaty2write 15:41, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- askkaty2write just carry on with the existing draft for now. Jimfbleak - talk to me? 10:33, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- Jimfbleak - Again, many thanks. I've added a few more external links and hope I am back on the right track. Please let me know any other suggestions you might have. Thank you!! askkaty2write 00:03 , 14 May 2021 (UTC)
- askkaty2write, I've removed two ELs, see the edit summary Jimfbleak - talk to me? 09:06, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
You protect this title named "Akhilendra Sahu" please research about him again, & please check its notability, if eligible please unlock or create a page about him
- 2405:201:3003:5062:c55:6bb8:7bec:8f1b please sign your messages. I see this is your only edit on Wikipedia, what is your interest in this article? The text basically says he's a young website designer and app developer, that isn't enough to show notability. You say please research about him again... please unlock or create a page about him I think the idea is that the article creator does the research and writing, not me. It's protected because it just keeps being recreated otherwise Jimfbleak - talk to me? 12:48, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
Deleted Draft Page One World International School (OWIS) - Speedy Deletion Nomination : One World International SchoolEdit
You have deleted the draft page named "One World International School". Request you to research the school as its a Legacy School under a Not for Profit Foundation named "GSF" "Global School Foundation". All Prominent Schools in Singapore have Wiki profile, But the School that I teach aids students through this foundation. Please create this page thanks Ashok.deepan1106 (talk) 13:37, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Ashok.deepan1106, I can't see where you have replied to my COI query. In the meantime, note that the title of your draft does not conform to our Manual of Style, the draft was entirely lacking in in-line references to independent verifiable sources, had url links in the article, and was promotional in tone. You can't just dump unreferenced text here Jimfbleak - talk to me? 14:03, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
Dr. lawrence DorrEdit
Dr. lawrence Dorr. Just FYI: I have known him for over 20 years. The information I obtain is from common knowledge. He was a legend. He gave so much to medicine. If you research his name, you will see a huge amount of information about him. His life was public for the majority. I am also getting more detailed information from his wife, Marilyn.
Cshahrdar (talk) 10:10, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- Cshahrdar You have an obvious conflict of interest, please don't write about yourself, your friends or relatives. As I've said on your talk page, we need independent verifiable sources, which obviously doesn't include his wife. Please stick to facts, not opinions like He was a legend. He gave so much to medicine., which just looks like promo. You said If you research his name, you will see a huge amount of information about him, but the idea is that you do the research and write in a way that conforms to our rules. He may well be notable, but that doesn't mean that you can just write what you like. Also the title of your article is incorrect Jimfbleak - talk to me? 10:28, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
Contested Deletion: CAREL INDUSTRIES S.p.A.Edit
CAREL page has been deleted before allowing me to make the requested changes.
By the way, I cannot understand why it has been deleted, since I provided independent verifiable sources and the text was similar to other pages of companies of the same market.
I cannot understand why the page wouldn't be a helpful resource.
Chiara Milani (talk) 12:34, 13 May 2021 (UTC) Chiara Milani
- Chiara Milani, please read what I posted on your talk page. Your text was largely unsourced or sourced to press releases, often quoting your bosses rather than independent third-party sources. The text is classic company spam; a bit of history, "this is what we sell" and a list of awards, nothing remotely negative, and a promotional tone, eg CAREL has received numerous awards and recognitions... (no ref) CAREL offers a combined portfolio of products and services aimed at guaranteeing quality and efficiency throughout the entire unit or system life cycle... (source just quotes CAREL) Environmental sustainability has always been one of CAREL’s values: all of the prducts marketed are designed to bring energy savings and reduce the environmental impact of the units and systems they are installed on... (no source) Jimfbleak - talk to me? 13:22, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
This is to let you know that the above article has been scheduled as today's featured article for June 9, 2021. Please check the article needs no amendments. If you're interested in editing the main page text, you're welcome to do so at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/June 9, 2021. Congratulations on your work!—Wehwalt (talk) 14:09, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- And also rock martin on June 19.--Wehwalt (talk) 13:30, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
Bob Borsody draft deleteEdit
I see you deleted the draft for this subject citing Unambiguous copyright infringement from his company's website. But in fact, the narrative has no copyright. Is there a procedure to get the draft restored?188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:10, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- 184.108.40.206, what is your interest in this article? Your only edit on Wikipedia is this message. If you are the same editor as Special:Contributions/220.127.116.11, note that abusing multiple account scan get you blocked. The copied page was clearly marked © Copyright 2021 Premier Senior Living, LLC. , but even if that were not the case, we require an explicit release as PD or CC BY-SA 3.0. For legal reasons we don't restore copyright violations Jimfbleak - talk to me? 08:19, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
Deletion of the page : international day of lightEdit
I see that you have deleted the page dealing with the international day of light. I have firmly contested on the discussion page the speedy deletion process that was clearly abusive. The international head of this event sustained by unesco has explained himself by a message left on the discussion page why the page should not be deleted and why there no copyright infringement at all and that the spie fact sheet is itself based on an UNESCO document. Have you made the effort to read this appeal and the discussion page before deleting the page ? Please, I would be extremely grateful if you could make some effort to restore as soon as possible the page as the event is planed on the 16th of May. With my best regards Christophe.Finot (talk) 18:05, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- (talk page watcher) @Christophe.Finot: We cannot accept material published elsewhere, unless the material is published under a compatible license, or the owner of the copyright sends an explicit permission via WP:OTRS. Neither condition seems to have been met in this case. RandomCanadian (talk / contribs) 00:05, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
- RandomCanadian, thanks. Christophe.Finot, please read the deletion messages for the article page (G12: Unambiguous copyright infringement of https://spie.org/Documents/resources/IDL-Fact-Sheet.pdf Nothing on the pdf to support claim that it is PD) and the talk page ...80% copied from a non-free source. You suggested that the copied document is public domain, but I see nothing on it to confirm that, either in the letterhead or elsewhere. You say that it's just a list, but in fact 80% of your text was copied from the site. John M Dudley has been told to declare his Conflict of Interest, and he will be indefinitely blocked if he continues to edit without doing so. It seems likely that you also have an undeclared COI, and the same applies to you. I note that you also appear to view the page as a promo for an upcoming event, rather than a genuine Wikipedia article. Unless you can show me where it says on the copied document that it is free to use for any purpose, for legal reasons it will not be restored Jimfbleak - talk to me? 08:44, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
- Christophe.Finot, copyright wasn't the only problem either. The article had no independent verifiable sources, just links to IDL and UNESCO Jimfbleak - talk to me? 10:06, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
Hello Jim. I am fairly new in Wikipedia and I'm still learning the ropes. I wrote an article Draft about an Author who did write notable books. It's purely pro-bono for me to acquire a skill of being a better editor so I can put on my resume. I am a writer myself. If the reason being of the deletion suggests self vanity, I will try again and write the draft as neutral as possible. If you have any advise you can give me to improve it and correct the errors, I will appreciate it very much. Thank you Jim! --Yellowranger94 (talk) 15:32, 15 May 2021 (UTC)
- Yellowranger94, I've seen this message, and I'll reply tomorrow Jimfbleak - talk to me? 19:20, 15 May 2021 (UTC)
- Replied on user talk page Jimfbleak - talk to me? 08:57, 16 May 2021 (UTC)