UTC−04:00 is a time offset that subtracts 4 hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). It is observed in the Eastern Time Zone (e.g., Canada and the United States) during the warm months of daylight saving time, as Eastern Daylight Time. The Atlantic Time Zone observes it during standard time (cold months). It is observed all year in the Eastern Caribbean.
|Central||60 degrees W|
|Western border (nautical)||67.5 degrees W|
|Eastern border (nautical)||52.5 degrees W|
|Date-time group (DTG)||Q|
As standard time (Northern Hemisphere winter)Edit
Principal cities: Halifax
- Greenland ( Denmark) - Atlantic Time Zone
- Canada - Atlantic Time Zone
- Bermuda ( UK) - Atlantic Time Zone
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer)Edit
- Canada - Eastern Time Zone
- United States - Eastern Time Zone
- All of Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- Most of Florida, Indiana, Michigan
- Eastern parts of Kentucky, Tennessee
- Unofficial use in several communities in Russell County, Alabama, including Phenix City. Although the legal time for all of Alabama from the last weeks of the northern winter to mid-autumn is Central Daylight Time (UTC–5), Phenix City and its surrounding communities informally synchronize their clocks with the considerably larger city of Columbus, Georgia, directly across the Chattahoochee River from Phenix City.
As standard time (all year round)Edit
- Anguilla (UK)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Dominican Republic
- Guadeloupe (France)
- Martinique (France)
- Montserrat (UK)
- Saba (Netherlands)
- Saint-Barthélemy (France)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint-Martin (France)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sint Eustatius (Netherlands)
- Sint Maarten (Netherlands)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- British Virgin Islands (UK)
As standard time (Southern Hemisphere winter)Edit
Principal cities: Santiago
- Chile (except Magallanes region and Antarctic territory)
- Some bases in Antarctica. See also Time in Antarctica
- "CHAPTER T-6 - Time Definition Act". Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Time Definition Act". Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Current Time Zone". Brazil Considers Having Only One Time Zone. Time and Date. 21 July 2009. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Hora Legal Brasileira". Horário de Verão (in Portuguese). Observatório Nacional. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Venezuela Time Zone". Venezuela Changes Time Zone To Save Electricity. Sky News. 16 April 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2016.