This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
UTC−03:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of −03:00.
World map with the time zone highlighted
|19:51, 19 October 2020 UTC−03:00|
|45 degrees W|
As standard time (Northern Hemisphere winter)Edit
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer)Edit
Principal cities: Halifax
As standard time (all year round)Edit
- United Kingdom
As daylight saving time (Southern Hemisphere summer)Edit
Places using UTC−03:00, located outside the 45°W ± 7.5° rangeEdit
- El Chaltén, Argentina (72°53′W corresponding to UTC−04:51)
- Qaanaaq, Greenland (69°13′W corresponding to UTC−04:37)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (58°22′W corresponding to UTC−03:53:48)
- Stanley, Falkland Islands (57°51'W corresponding to UTC−03:51:24)
- Uruguaiana, Brazil (57°05'W corresponding to UTC–03:48)
- Montevideo, Uruguay (56°23’W corresponding to UTC-03:44:51)
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon (56°12′W corresponding to UTC−03:44:40)
- Upernavik, Greenland (56°08′W corresponding to UTC−03:44:36)
- Paramaribo, Suriname (55°10′W corresponding to UTC−03:40:40)
- Kulusuk, Greenland (37°11′W corresponding to UTC−02:28)
- Recife, Brazil (34°54′W corresponding to UTC−02:19:36)
While Ethiopia officially uses UTC+03:00, Ethiopian culture follows a time system with two 12-hour cycles for day and night, and is 6 hours "slower" than the official time. The day begins with the day cycle at sunrise (6:00 a.m., but designated as 12 o'clock by local rendition) till sunset, followed by the night cycle (official 6:00 p.m., unofficial 12:00 night cycle). Therefore Ethiopia effectively follows UTC-03:00. 
- "How far is it from Qaanaaq to locations worldwide". timeanddate.com. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Newfoundland-Labrador Time Zone – Newfoundland-Labrador Current Local Time – Daylight Saving Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "South America Time Zone Map". TimeTemperature. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "Official Time". CHILEAN NAVY HYDROGRAPHIC AND OCEANOGRAPHIC SERVICE. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- If you have a meeting in Ethiopia, you'd better double check the time, pri.org.