Sixteenth Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh
The Sixteenth Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh (a.k.a. Sixteenth Vidhan Sabha of Uttar Pradesh) (Hindi: सोलहवीं उत्तर प्रदेश विधान सभा) was constituted on 15 Mar 2012 as a result of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election, 2012 held between 8 Feb to 3 Mar 2012. The Sixteenth Legislative Assembly has total of 404 MLAs (including one nominated Anglo-Indian member) against a total strength of 404 members.
|Sixteenth Legislative Assembly |
of Uttar Pradesh
(Sixteenth Vidhan Sabha of Uttar Pradesh)
|Mar 2012 - Mar 2017|
Speaker of the Assembly
Leader of the House
Leader of the Opposition
Alok Ranjan, None
|Seats||404 (incl 1 nominated Anglo-Indian member)|
NCP (1) and
Length of term
|8 Feb to 3 Mar 2012|
|U.P. Secretariat, Lucknow, India|
|U.P. Legislative Assembly website|
|01||2012||2017||Chief Minister||Akhilesh Yadav||Samajwadi Party|
|02||2012||2017||Speaker||Mata Prasad Pandey||Samajwadi Party|
|04||2012||2017||Leader of the House||Akhilesh Yadav||Samajwadi Party|
|05||2012||2017||Leader of the Opposition||Gaya Charan Dinkar||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|06||2012||2017||Principal Secretary||Pradeep Kumar Dubey||-|
Party wise strengthEdit
|Party||Mar 2012||Mar 2017||+/-|
|Bahujan Samaj Party||80||80||0|
|Bharatiya Janata Party||47||41||-6|
|Indian National Congress||28||29||1|
|Rashtriya Lok Dal||9||8||-1|
|Peace Party of India||4||4||0|
|Quami Ekta Dal||2||2||0|
|All India Trinamul Congress||0||1||+1|
|Nationalist Congress Party||1||1||0|
|Electors who voted||41,225,412||34,500,316||65||75,725,793|
List of constituencies and elected membersEdit
Default sort, in alphabetical order of constituency. All members were elected in Mar 2012 and following list might undergo further changes due by-elections.b
- ^ Strength as of 19 May 2016. MLA strength changed due candidates vacating their post after getting elected into 16th Lok Sabha or death of sitting members, and the subsequent by-elections held.
- ^ ID is the Constituency identification number assigned during "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008".
- ^ LS constituency is the corresponding Lok Sabha constituency for the Assembly constituency.
- "2012 Election Results" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. Retrieved May 2015. Check date values in:
- "Legislative Assembly strength as on 7 May 15" (PDF). Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly website. Retrieved May 2015. Check date values in:
- "Legislative Assembly strength as on 19 May 16" (PDF). Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly website. Retrieved 28 May 2016.
- "Important members". Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly website. Retrieved Nov 2015. Check date values in:
- "Re-elected members". U.P. Legislative Assembly website. Retrieved Aug 2015. Check date values in:
- "All members from Nighasan assembly constituency". elections.in. Retrieved 17 Dec 2015.
- "All MLAs from Rohaniya". elections.in. Retrieved Jul 2015. Check date values in:
- "All members from Thakurdwara assembly constituency". elections.in. Retrieved Sep 2015. Check date values in:
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). Election Commission of India official website. Retrieved Jun 2015. Check date values in: