مراد آباد ضلع
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Moradabad district in Uttar Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Moradabad, Sambhal|
|• Literacy||45.74 per cent|
Moradabad district is one of the districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India, and Moradabad town is the district headquarters. Moradabad district is a part of Moradabad division. As of 2011 it is the second most populous district of Uttar Pradesh (out of 71), after Allahabad.
The district of Moradabad lies between 28°21´ to 28°16´ north latitude and 78°4´ to 79° east longitude. The district occupies an area of 3493 km2 and has a population of 2,761,620. The city is known for its export of brass handicrafts to North America and Europe, and is also thus called "Brass City" or Peetal Nagri. It has close to four million citizens of various ethnicities and religions.
The district of Moradabad lies east of the Ganges and west of the native state of Rampur. Its area is 2285 sq. m. It lies within the great Gangetic plain and is demarcated into three subdivisions by the rivers Ramganga and Sot. The eastern tract consists of a submontane country, with an elevation slightly greater than the plain below, and is traversed by numerous streams descending from the Himalayas. The central portion consists of a level central plain descending at each end into the valleys of the Ramganga and Sot. The western section has a gentle slope towards the Ganges, with a rapid dip into the lowlands a few miles from the bank of the great river.
According to the 2011 census Moradabad district has a population of 4,773,138, roughly equal to the nation of Singapore or the US state of Alabama. This gives it a ranking of 26th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,284 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,330/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 25.25%. In 2011 a new district named Sambhal district is formed with two sub districts of Moradabad district. The rest of Moradabad district have a population of 3126507.The Muslim population in rest of Moradabad district is 1588297. Moradabad has a sex ratio of 903 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 58.67%.
There is one Lok Sabha constituencies for the district:
- Moradabad composed of Kanth, Thakurdwara, Moradabad Rural, Moradabad City and Barhapur (from Bijnor District).
Moradabad District has two divisions: Moradabad Subdivision and Sambhal Subdivision. There are five tehsils in Moradabad District and eight blocks.
- In Moradabad Subdivision there are three tehsils: Bilari Tehsil, Kanth Tehsil, Thakurdwara Tehsil; and there are five blocks: Kundarki, Chajlet, Bhagtpur, Dilari and Mundapandey.
- In Sambhal Subdivision there are three tehsils: Sambhal Tehsil, Chandausi Tehsil and Gunnaur Tehsil ; and there are three blocks: Bahjoi, Panwasa and Asmoli.
Towns and villagesEdit
- Bhojpur Dharampur
- Rustamnagar Sahaspur
- Umri Kalan
- Sherua Dharampur
- Amarpati Khera, Alipur, Moradabad
- Chandesvara Khera, Bemi, Moradabad
- Khera or Mound reputed to be the ruin or a palace Raja Vena, Berni, Moradabad
- Large mound, the site of an ancient temple, Bherabharatpur, Moradabad
- Old Fort and its relics, Firozpur, Moradabad
- Ancient Mound, Gumthal Khera, Moradabad
- Large Mound, Karvar, Moradabad
- Jami Masjid, Sambhal, Moradabad
- Mound, Sarthal Khera, Moradabad
- Gateway of Karwan Sarai, Sondhan Muhammadpur, Moradabad
- Mosque of Karwan Sarai, Sondhan Muhammadpur, Moradabad
- Nawabganj,Bareilly (122 km)
- "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "Moradabad Religion Census 2011". Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 2015-10-19.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Singapore 4,740,737 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- MINUTES OF THE 34th MEETING OF EMPOWERED COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND APPROVE REVISED PLAN FOR BALANCE FUND FOR THE DISTRICTS OF GHAZIABAD, BAREILLY, BARABANKI, SIDDHARTH NAGAR, SHAHJANPUR, MORADABAD, MUZAFFAR NAGAR, BAHRAICH AND LUCKNOW (UTTAR PRADESH) UNDER MULTI-SECTORAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN MINORITY CONCENTRATION DISTRICTS HELD ON 22nd JULY, 2010 AT 11.00 A.M. UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF SECRETARY, MINISTRY OF MINORITY AFFAIRS. F. No. 3/64/2010-PP-I, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF MINORITY AFFAIRS
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 461–462.
- The National Panchayat Directory lists Moradabad Tehsil instead of Kanth Teshil. [http:// panchayatdirectory.gov.in/adminreps/viewAdminLocations.asp?selstate=171&parenttype=D&ptype=B "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Blocks of Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh"] Check
|url=value (help). Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- The National Panchayat Directory lists Baniyakhera instead of Chandausi Tehsil. "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Blocks of Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Report on Urban Local Bodies: Uttar Pradesh: Moradabad". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Blocks of Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.