Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority
Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA) is the statutory planning and development authority for the Kolkata Metropolitan Area (KMA) in the state of West Bengal, India. The organisation used to be known as Calcutta Metropolitan Development Authority (CMDA) and retains the previous logo. KMDA is under the ministry of Municipal Affairs and Urban Development of West Bengal state government.
Official logo of KMDA
|Type||City Planning Agency|
|Jurisdiction||Government of West Bengal|
|Headquarters||Unnayan Bhavan, Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700091|
KMDA's role is multi-disciplinary: it is the agency of city planning, it sculpts new areas and townships, it develops physical infrastructure as well as provide basic services like water, drainage, waste management. KMDA is also the Technical Secretariat to Kolkata Metropolitan Planning Committee (KMPC).Besides these major functional areas, KMDA is also engaged in providing consultancy services and implementing projects on behalf of other public sector departments and agencies.
The organisation was formed under a Presidential Ordinance in 1970. It works now under provision of the West Bengal Town and Country (Planning & Development) Act, 1979. Its Planning Directorate was set up in 1974.
KMDA has an 11-member Board or Authority that includes both elected peoples' representatives and nominated bureaucrats. The Honourable Minister-in-charge of Urban Development in the Government of West Bengal is the ex-officio Chairman of the Board of KMDA.
|Development||Location||Start date||Completion date||References|
|Patuli Floating Market||Patuli||2018|||
|Baishnabghata Patuli Township||Garia|
|Bediapara Underpass||South Dumdum|
|Kolkata Bus Rapid Transit System||Ultadanga - E. M. Bypass - Garia||2011||ongoing|||
|Kolkata Eye||Hooghly Riverfront||2011||Never started|||
|Kolkata West International City||Howrah||2006||ongoing|
|Millennium Park||Strand Road||1999|
|Nazrul Mancha||Rabindra Sarobar||1980|||
|Panihati Intake Jetty||Panihati||2014|
|Parama Island Flyover||E.M. Bypass - Park Circus||2010||2015|||
|Storm Water Drainage Systems||Dum Dum|||
- "KMDA - About Us". Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority.
- "Kolkata Metropolitan Area". KMA Map, Annual Report 2011. Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA).
- "First day, first show: Floating mart a hit". Times of India. 25 January 2018.
- "CM Mamata Banerjee to open Dakshineswar skywalk on November 5". Times of India. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- "Skywalk boon for devotees". The Telegraph. 23 March 2018.
- "Fresh blueprint for rapid bus commute". Times of India. 15 January 2010.
- "At 135 metres, Kolkata to stare London in the eye". Times of India. 30 November 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "AC makeover for Nazrul Mancha". Times of India. 6 November 2013.
- "Kolkata to get state's longest flyover linking Howrah with EM Bypass". Hindustan Times. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Storm Water Drainage System" (PDF). WB Department of Municipal Affairs.
|This article about an organisation in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|