Wikipedia:WikiProject Swedish municipalities
|This geographical WikiProject is believed to be inactive. |
Consider looking for related projects for help or ask at the Teahouse.
If you are not currently a project participant and wish to help you may still participate in the project or its parent project WikiProject Sweden. This status should be changed if any activity resumes.
This WikiProject is an attempt to formulate a common template for the Swedish municipalities. It suggests a structure for the municipality articles which would make them more structured, while also giving them a common look and feel.
WikiProject Swedish municipalities
The parent of this WikiProject is the WikiProject Swedish counties
The descendant WikiProject is WikiProject Swedish cities.
Similar WikiProjects are Wikipedia:WikiProject Cities.
The effort should be coordinated with the Swedish Wikipedia.
The article should start with an introduction, giving the name of the municipality its location in Sweden, bordering municipalities, seas or lakes and such.
Next, there is a table with quick facts about the municipality. A template for the table can be found at the bottom of this page. The contents are as follows:
- The official name of the municipality in Swedish (xx) is to go on top as the caption.
- A picture of the municipality coat of arms.
- Municipal seat: The seat of residence for the municipal administration and main agglomeration ("Centralort"). In most cases it has also given the name of the municipality.
- County: The county to which the municipality belongs.
- Area: The area of the county in square km (km²) and the ranking.
- Population: The number of inhabitants, the ranking and the population density. Also include a year for the census. (Statistics available at the National Atlas of Sweden are given for 1999.)
The sections are:
- Municipal Council
- Election results
- Cities, towns and villages
- Boroughs (stadsdelar), where applicable
- Political history of the municipality
- Sites of interest
- Major industries/products
- Short description
- Link to county of province heraldry
- Miscellaneous topics
- External links
When applying this template to a county stub or article (which already all exist), it should be common practice to create a temporary page to work on, with the following notice:
- ''This temporary page is being used to expand and convert the article [[_]] over to the new format proposed at [[Wikipedia:WikiProject Swedish counties|WikiProject Swedish counties]]. Please feel free to add or edit anything on this page to help in the conversion process.''
Don't forget to replace the "_" with the name of the article being converted.
To notify readers/writers that a new page is being created, place the following text on the country article itself:
- '''A new page based on the new [[Wikipedia:WikiProject Swedish counties|template]] is being worked on at [[_/Temp]], please make any changes you want to make on that page.'''
|• Total||1.00 km2 (0.39 sq mi)|
|• Land||0.90 km2 (0.35 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.10 km2 (0.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||2.0/km2 (5.2/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Municipal code|| |
Main article: Politics of _
Main article: Geography of _
Cities, towns and villagesEdit
Main article: Economy of _
Main article: Education of _
Main article: Heraldry of _
- Official site
[[Category:Municipalities of Sweden]] [[Category:Municipalities of Xx County]]
- Municipalities of Sweden
- List of Swedish municipalities
- List of Swedish municipalities by county
- List of Swedish municipalities by population
- National Atlas of Sweden - Statistics
Work in ProgressEdit
I have been here since some time now. My main task is to separate centralorter (seats), which still are in the entries on the respective Municipality. I also try to write a short section about the amalgamations. --Muniswede 22:06, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
- This has now been done. Only "Infobox_kommun2" is now in use for municipalities. --Muniswede 08:47, 11 November 2007 (UTC)