This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Radio Mirchi is a nationwide network of private FM radio stations in India. It is owned by the EntertainmentNetwork India Ltd (ENIL), which is one of the subsidiaries of The Times Group. mirchi is Hindi for Red Chilli. The tagline of Radio Mirchi is "Mirchi Sunnewaale Always Khush!".
|Frequency||98.3 (exceptions in some cities)|
|First air date||2001|
|Callsign meaning||mirchi listeners are always happy|
|Owner||Entertainment Network India Limited|
Radio Mirchi maintains weekly music charts (or record charts) for India. The most followed charts are Mirchi Top 20 (Bollywood Songs) and Angrezi Top 20 (English Songs). Both of these charts are a ranking of recorded music according to popularity. These charts are published on a weekly basis in the Indian English-language daily newspaper, The Times of India, and on Radio Mirchi's official website.
Mirchi has its stations in India and also in UAE. Some of these stations run 24x7.
As per the latest IRS data released in 2017, Radio Mirchi has emerged as the number one FM broadcaster in Delhi and Mumbai, as well as in the top 8 metros taken together.
The original avatar of Radio Mirchi was Times FM. Radio Mirchi began operations in 2001 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Until 1993, All India Radio or AIR, a government undertaking, was the only radio broadcaster in India. The government then took the initiative to privatize the radio broadcasting sector. It sold airtime blocks on its FM channels in Indore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam and Goa to private operators, who developed their own program content. The Times Group operated its brand, Times FM, till June 1998. After that, the government decided not to renew contracts given to private operators.
First round of licensesEdit
In 2000, the government announced the auction of 108 FM frequencies across India. ENIL won the largest number of frequencies, and thus started its operations under the brand name Radio Mirchi.IT'S HOT
Second round of licencesEdit
In January 2006, Radio Mirchi purchased 25 frequencies in the second wave of licences that were issued by the Government of India. This pushes the Radio Mirchi presence in 32 centres. In the first wave of launches, Indore was the first city in India having grade of first private radio channel.Times decided to start radio channel to address the mass audience as advertisers can be attracted by showing a low cost per thousand.
Third round of licensesEdit
Radio Mirchi invested above Rs.339 crore during phase III auctions and purchased 17 new channels in new cities such as Chandigarh, Kochi, Kozhikode, Jammu, Srinagar, Guwahati and Shillong, as well as in existing cities such as Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kanpur, Lucknow, Jaipur, Nagpur and Surat. This pushes Radio Mirchi presence in 49 centres.
Radio Mirchi started operations across UAE, streaming across three frequencies : 97.3FM in Abu Dhabi, 88.8FM in Dubai and the Northern Emirates and 95.6FM in Al Ain & Bahrain 104.2. All the RJs have been recruited from various Radio Mirchi stations in India including Anup Chugh, with a total seven who will take to the air. 
Areas of operationEdit
Currently, Radio Mirchi has a presence in 58 cities in India. 
- Ahmedabad, GJ
- Akola, MH (broadcast on 95.0 MHz)
- Amravati, MH (broadcast on 92.1 MHz)
- Amritsar, PB (broadcast on 104.8 MHz)
- Asansol, WB (broadcast on 95.0 MHz)
- Aurangabad, MH
- Bharuch, GJ (broadcast on 92.3 MHz)
- Bengaluru, KA (two channels - 98.3 and 95 MHz)
- Bhopal, MP
- Chennai, TN
- Coimbatore, TN
- Guwahati, AS (broadcast on 95.0 MHz)
- Hubli-Dharwad, KA
- Hyderabad, TS (two channels - 98.3 and 95 MHz)
- Indore, MP (First city of Broadcasting)
- Jabalpur, MP
- Jaipur, RJ
- Jalandhar, PB
- Jamnagar, GJ (broadcast on 95.0 MHz)
- Jammu, JK
- Jodhpur, RJ (broadcast on 104.8 MHz)
- Jhansi, UP (broadcast on 104.8 MHz)
- Junagadh, GJ (broadcast on 95.0 MHz)
- Kanpur, UP
- Kochi, KL (broadcast on 104.0 MHz)
- Kolhapur, MH
- Kolkata, WB
- Kozhikode, KL (broadcast on 92.7 MHz)
- Lucknow, UP
- Madurai, TN
- Mangalore, KA
- Mehsana, GJ (broadcast on 91.9 MHz)
- Mumbai's, MH
- Mysuru, KA (broadcast on 104.8 MHz)
- Nagpur, MH
- Nashik, MH
- Palanpur, GJ (broadcast on 93.7 MHz)
- Patiala, PB (broadcast on 104.8 MHz)
- Patna, BR
- Pune, MH
- Raipur, CG
- Rajahmundry, AP (broadcast on 91.1 MHz)
- Ranchi, JH
- Rajkot, GJ
- Shillong, MG (broadcast on 91.1 MHz)
- Shimla, HP (broadcast on 104.8 MHz)
- Siliguri, WB
- Srinagar, JK
- Surat, GJ
- Thiruvananthapuram, KL
- Tiruchirappalli, TN (broadcast on 95.0 MHz)
- Tirunelveli, TN (broadcast on 95.0 MHz)
- Vadodara, GJ
- Varanasi, UP
- Vijayawada, AP
- Visakhapatnam, AP
- Warangal, TS (broadcast on 91.9 MHz)
Unless specified otherwise, all stations broadcast on 98.3 MHz
It reaches out to almost 52% of FM radio listeners in Delhi, 44% in Mumbai,40% in Indore,35% in Jaipur,30% in Bhopal, 20% Chennai, 27% in Kolkata, 15% in Nagpur 60% in Mangaluru and 12% in Bengaluru. Radio Mirchi has started providing Visual Radio to its subscribers in Delhi from 25 July 2006 onwards and in Mumbai from September 2006. It also has started its Visual Radio service from Kolkata recently.
According to the Radio Audience Measurement Reports (RAM), Radio Mirchi has been dominating in Delhi & is the leader in Mumbai and Kolkata. However, in Kolkata they are not clear leaders in SEC ABC segments. The SEC ABC segments were earlier dominated by Big FM & now by Friends FM. However, in the SEC D & E segments Radio Mirchi has total domination
Radio Mirchi is operated by Abu Dhabi Media in partnership with ENIL.
Stations are operated under a brand licensing agreement between ENIL and Arohi Media, with the latter managing and operating the stations. Radio Mirchi went live in the USA on January 26, 2019.
- New York tri-state region (broadcast on 1600 AM
- Raleigh-Durham, NC (broadcast on 101.9 FM, 99.9 FM HD4, and 1490 AM)
- Philadelphia, PA (broadcast on 103.9 FM HD2)
- Cleveland, OH (broadcast on 93.1 FM HD2 
- Baltimore, MD (broadcast on 92.3 FM HD2
- Columbus, OH (broadcast on 107.5 FM HD2
- St. Louis, MO (broadcast on 95.5 FM HD2)
The following stations to be launched soon:
Mirchi Music AwardsEdit
The Mirchi Music Awards are annually given awards instituted by Radio Mirchi for excellence in Bollywood film music. It was first given in 2008.
- "Radio Mirchi launches in Kochi".
- Rai, Bindu Suresh (1 February 2012). "Radio Mirchi heats up Abu Dhabi airwaves with Hindi tunes". emirates247.com. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "Radio Mirchi expands to two more US cities". The Economic Times. 7 March 2019.
- Radio Mirchi Murga Latest 2016
- http://www.enil.co.in - Radio Mirchi Corporate Site
- http://www.liveradio.me/radio-mirchi-88-8-fm-dubai-online/ - Radio Mirchi Dubai Live
- http://gaana.com/radio - Radio Mirchi at Gaana.com