List of boycotts
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of boycotts.
Certain countries have declined to participate in international sporting events to protest the host nation's policies or actions.
|1949||Arab League||Israel||Arab League boycott of Israel|
|1977||Various||Nestlé||Nestlé's promotion of infant formula over breast milk in developing countries||Nestlé boycott|
|1989||Liverpudlians||The Sun||The Sun's coverage of the Hillsborough disaster||[not in citation given][not in citation given] |
|1992||Life Decisions International||Planned parenthood||Businesses supportive of Planned Parenthood||United States pro-life movement|||
|2003||Numerous union organizations including SINALTRAINAL||Coca-Cola Company||Anti-union violence in Colombia and environmental degradation in India||Criticism of Coca-Cola|||
|2005||Activists worldwide||Israel||Israeli–Palestinian conflict||Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions|
|2005||Various Muslims worldwide||Denmark||Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy||Economic and social consequences of the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy|
|2008||Opponents of California Proposition 8||Supporters of California Proposition 8||Protests against Proposition 8 supporters|
|2008||Opponents of California Proposition 8||Utah||LDS Church support for Proposition 8||Protests against Proposition 8 supporters|||
|2009||LGBT groups||The Salvation Army||The Salvation Army's opposition to homosexuality|||
|2010||Canvass for a Cause
Other LGBT groups
|Target Corporation||Target's donations to Tom Emmer|||
|2010||LGBT groups||Best Buy||Best Buy's donations to Tom Emmer|||
|2011||LGBT groups||Chick-fil-A||Chick-fil-A's CFO's support of politicians who oppose same-sex marriage||Chick-fil-A same-sex marriage controversy|||
|2011||LGBT groups||Schuyler County, Illinois||County sheriff Don Schieferdecker's Facebook post with anti-gay and anti-Semitic content|||
|2013||Ecuadorian president Rafael Correa and various others||Chevron Corporation||Failure to adequately clean up widespread oil pollution in the Ecuadorian Amazon from its former Texaco operations||Lago Agrio oil field|||
|2013||International Labor Rights Forum||Theo Chocolate||Not living up to "fair trade" label because of proven union busting|||
|2013||Palestinians living in the United States||Syria, Iran||Syria and Iran's dismal treatment of Palestinians|||
|2013-2014||LGBT groups||Russia, Stolichnaya vodka, 2014 Winter Olympics||Russia's anti-LBGT policies|||
|2014-||Citizens of Washington, D.C.||Tourism to Maryland's 1st congressional district, Eastern Shore of Maryland||Interference in District of Columbia home rule||Boycott of Maryland's 1st District|
|2016-||American Family Association||Target Corporation||Mixed sex bathrooms and changing areas|||
|2016-||Various||Corporations backing Donald Trump||Free and fair elections||GrabYourWallet|||
|2017||Palestinian Citizens of Israel (BDS48)||Hyundai||Failing to ensure its construction equipment is not used by Israel to destroy Palestinian homes||Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions|||
|2018||Various companies with ties to the NRA||National Rifle Association||Stoneman Douglas High School shooting||2018 NRA boycott|||
|2018||Various companies with ties to The Ingraham Angle, and The Ingraham Angle itself.||The Ingraham Angle||Laura Ingraham attacking Stoneman Douglas High School shooting survivor David Hogg||Boycott of The Ingraham Angle|
|2018||Various companies with ties to Sinclair, and Sinclair itself.||Sinclair Broadcast Group||Sinclair mandating local news to attack certain news organizations||Boycott of Sinclair Broadcasting Group|
- Tsai, Jung-Fang (1993). "Chapter 7". Hong Kong in Chinese History: Community and Social Unrest in the British Colony, 1842–1913. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Bradley, James (2009). The Imperial Cruise: a secret history of empire and war. Little, Brown and Company. pp. 276–297. ISBN 978-0-316-00895-2.
- "Coors Brewing Company Boycott". glbtq.com. Archived from the original on 24 February 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Manheim, Jarol (2000). "Chapter 5". Death of A Thousand Cuts: Corporate Campaigns and the Attack on the Corporation. Routledge. pp. 93–98. ISBN 978-1-135-64857-2.
-  “Daishowa gives in – Boycott called off”, Friends of the Lubicon, June 12, 1998, Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Brown, Peter H.; Abel, Daniel G. (2003). Outgunned: Up Against the NRA—The First Complete Insider Account of the Battle Over Gun Control. Simon & Schuster. pp. 63–65. ISBN 978-0-7432-1561-9.
- "A Company That, Literally, Has Blood On Its Hands", Pacific Standard, March 20, 2015 https://psmag.com/economics/a-company-that-literally-has-blood-on-its-hands Retrieved October 8, 2017
- "Stopping Firestone: Getting Rubber to Meet the Road", Foreign Policy In Focus, December 7, 2006 http://fpif.org/stopping_firestone_getting_rubber_to_meet_the_road/ Retrieved October 8, 2017
- Westall, Sylvia (17 January 2008). "German unions urge Nokia boycott over plant closure". Reuters. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Clout, Laura (24 June 2008). "Gay rights group boycotts Heinz after 'men kissing' row". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Boycott The Sun in 2003 - Hillsborough Justice Campaign". Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Lister, Sam. "Ex-Sun editor: I was right on Hillsborough". Liverpool Daily Post. Archived from the original on 4 December 2006. Retrieved 1 December 2006.
- Shennan, Paddy. "Alexi Sayle's Liverpool". Liverpool.com. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- "Hillsborough: Postal staff refuse to deliver free Sun copies". Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Corporate Funding (BOYCOTT)". Life Decisions International. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- "Coca-Cola boycott launched after killings at Colombian plants", The Guardian, 24 July 2003, https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/jul/24/marketingandpr.colombia, Retrieved 19 July 2017
- "Boycott Coca-Cola!", Colombia Solidarity Campaign, 1 October 2003, http://www.colombiasolidarity.org.uk/articles/bulletin-archive/33--issue11-october--december-2003/68-boycott-coca-cola, Retrieved 19 July 2017
- Vergakis, Brock (9 November 2008). "Utah faces boycott after push by Mormons vs. gay marriage". Boston.com. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "Group urges Salvation Army boycott". WLUK-TV. 16 December 2009. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Vega, Jocelyn (9 March 2011). "Lady Gaga Dissolves Relationship with Target". MTV. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Cantor, Matt (25 March 2011). "Target Sues Gay Rights Group". Newser. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Lambert, Brian (25 March 2011). "What? Gov. Tim Pawlenty Supported Sharia Law?". MinnPost. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- Christoper, Tommy (29 July 2010). "Best Buy Gay Rights Boycott Tests Citizens United Decision". Mediate. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- Arnold, Lori (February 2011). "Chick-fil-A target of gay rights' boycott". Christian Examiner. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Outrage as sheriff posts anti-Semitic homophobic slur on Facebook". Daily Mail. 29 March 2011. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- Ecuador's Correa calls for Chevron boycott, Agence France Presse, September 17, 2003 http://news.abs-cbn.com/global-filipino/world/09/17/13/ecuadors-correa-calls-chevron-boycott Retrieved 22 August 2017
- City of Berkeley, Peace and Justice Commission, Action Calendar, January 29, 2008 http://chevrontoxico.com/assets/docs/berkeley-resolution.pdf Retrieved 22 August 2017
- "Are Theo's "Fair Trade" Chocolates Unfair to Seattle Workers?".
- "Aiding and Abetting: How Unaccountable Fair Trade Certifiers Are Destroying Workers' Rights". Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "PNN". Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Russian Vodka Boycott in Gay Bars Faces Predictable Backlash". Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Online petition for Target boycott gets hundreds of thousands of signatures - Fox News". 26 April 2016. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Grab Your Wallet". Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- Palestinians call for boycott of Hyundai, The Electronic Intifada, 7 February 2017, https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/palestinians-call-boycott-hyundai, Retrieved 1 March 2017
- Barbash, Fred; Bever, Lindsey (2018-02-23). "#BoycottNRA: Hertz and Avis are the latest companies to cut ties with gun lobby as movement gains steam". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- Creswell, Julie; Hsu, Tiffany (2018-02-23). "Companies Cut Ties to the N.R.A., but Find There Is No Neutral Ground". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "The full list of companies who have boycotted the NRA over the Florida shooting". Newsweek. 2018-02-24. Retrieved 2018-02-25.