Frank James Edgar (born October 16, 1981) is an American mixed martial artist who competes as a Featherweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and is a former UFC Lightweight Champion. He holds notable victories over former world champions Sean Sherk, Hermes França, B.J. Penn (x3), Urijah Faber as well as top featherweight contenders Cub Swanson (x2) and Chad Mendes. He only has 6 losses in his career, all of his losses came against champions and title contenders. As of July 26, 2018, he is #3 in the official UFC featherweight rankings.
Edgar in 2012
Frank James Edgar|
October 16, 1981
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
|Other names||The Answer|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10 st 5 lb)|
|Reach||68 in (173 cm)|
|Style||Boxing, Wrestling, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Fighting out of||Toms River, New Jersey, United States|
Ricardo Almeida BJJ|
KHK MMA Team 
Boxing: Mark Henry|
Wrestling: Steve Rivera
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Ricardo Almeida, Renzo Gracie
Muay Thai: Kru Phil Nurse
|Rank||Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Ricardo Almeida1st degree black belt in|
|Wrestling||NCAA Division I Wrestling|
|Years active||2005 – present (MMA)|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|University||Clarion University of Pennsylvania|
|Notable school(s)||Toms River High School East|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Born and raised in Toms River, New Jersey by Frank and Mary Annese, Frankie Edgar wrestled at Toms River High School East, making it to the New Jersey state championship tournament on three occasions, placing second as a junior and fifth as a senior. Edgar is the oldest of 3 children, Edgar went on to compete in the NHSCA Senior Nationals and placed second before he finished high school. He continued wrestling at Clarion University of Pennsylvania, where he qualified for the nationals all four years there. Edgar is also an assistant coach for the Rutgers University wrestling team. Frankie is of predominantly Italian descent, with an Italian-born mother, stepfather and paternal grandfather, but he also has some German ancestry on his biological father's side.
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Edgar entered his first mixed martial arts fight with only a few weeks of training outside of his wrestling background. Edgar originally trained with Rob Guarino of Rhino Fight Team, but today he is part of the Gracie system under Ricardo Almeida in Hamilton, NJ, who is part of the Gracie Barra team. Since seventh grade Edgar has wrestled with Steve Rivera at Elite Wrestling NJ in Jackson, NJ. His boxing trainer is Mark Henry of Millstone, NJ.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Edgar amassed a 5–0 record before trying out for season five of The Ultimate Fighter. Edgar tried out in front of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White and matchmaker Joe Silva, but was not selected to be on the show. However, a month later the UFC contacted Edgar and asked if he would accept a fight with fellow undefeated fighter Tyson Griffin at UFC 67. Griffin caught Edgar in a deep kneebar at the end of the fight, but Edgar refused to tap and lasted out the remainder of the round to win by unanimous decision. The fight has been frequently rebroadcast on UFC Unleashed.
Edgar suffered his first loss at UFC Fight Night 13 against Gray Maynard. This fight marked the first bout of a series. Maynard used his size and wrestling skill to overpower Edgar en route to a unanimous decision. Edgar rebounded with another Fight of the Night victory against Hermes França at UFC: Silva vs. Irvin. Edgar then defeated former UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk, outworking him all three rounds to earn the unanimous decision victory over the stronger and heavier fighter.
Edgar was expected to face Kurt Pellegrino on December 5, 2009, on The Ultimate Fighter 10 finale, but Pellegrino was forced to withdraw due to an injury. Matt Veach was named as Pellegrino's replacement, moving up from an undercard bout.  After being on the defensive for most of the first round, Edgar became the aggressor in the second round by punishing Veach with strikes, Ultimately knocking Veach down with a straight right, Edgar then proceeded to take Veach's back and finishing him with a rear naked choke at 2:22 into the second round.
UFC Lightweight ChampionEdit
At UFC 112, Edgar was matched against lightweight champion BJ Penn. After a long, back-and-forth, predominantly standing fight, the judges' scorecards were called on for a decision. The scores were (50–45, 49–46, and 48–47) in favor of Edgar. The unanimous decision win awarded him the UFC Lightweight Championship. 8 of 9 media outlets scored the bout in favor of Penn.
On June 24, 2010, ESPN announced Edgar as a nominee for Best Upset of the Year at the 2010 ESPY Awards.
The bout at UFC 112 was deemed close enough that Edgar's first title defense took the form of a UFC 118 rematch against Penn on August 28, 2010. Edgar defeated Penn via unanimous decision to retain the UFC Lightweight Championship, this time with no controversy after taking Penn down multiple times and out-striking him throughout all five rounds. All three judges scored the bout 50–45 for Edgar, making him the second fighter to defeat Penn in the lightweight division  (the other being Jens Pulver), and the second fighter ever to beat Penn twice (the other being Georges St-Pierre).
Edgar's next title defense was against Gray Maynard, the only man to have defeated Edgar, in a rematch from UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon. Maynard earned the #1 contender spot at UFC 118 with a win over Kenny Florian. The bout took place on January 1, 2011, at UFC 125, with the fight ending in a split draw (48–46 Maynard, 48–46 Edgar, and 47–47). In the first round of the bout, Maynard dropped Edgar multiple times, but Edgar would survive. His fight with Maynard marks the third time in UFC history that a championship fight ended as a draw.
During the UFC 125 post-fight press conference, it was announced that Edgar's next opponent would be Anthony Pettis, the final World Extreme Cagefighting lightweight champion. However, less than two hours later UFC president Dana White announced a change of plans. Edgar was then scheduled to fight Gray Maynard for the third time at UFC 130. Dana White confirmed on May 9, 2011, that both Edgar and Maynard had sustained injuries and that their bout was pulled from event. The fight was rescheduled as the main event of UFC 136. After a similar first round to their bout at UFC 125, Edgar won via KO at 3:54 of round 4, earning Knockout of the Night honors.
Edgar faced Benson Henderson on February 26, 2012, at UFC 144. Henderson defeated Edgar via unanimous decision to become the new UFC Lightweight Champion. Both participants earned Fight of the Night honors for their performance.
Move to featherweight divisionEdit
On the August 21, 2012 edition of UFC Tonight, it was revealed that Frankie Edgar had announced his intentions to move to the featherweight division.
Edgar was briefly linked to a December 2012 bout with Ricardo Lamas, but it was scrapped after Edgar replaced the injured Erik Koch to face champion José Aldo on October 13, 2012, at UFC 153 On September 11, Aldo pulled out of the match with a foot injury.
The bout with Aldo was rescheduled for UFC 156, where Edgar lost to Aldo via unanimous decision. Both men earned Fight of the Night honors for their performances.
Edgar faced Charles Oliveira on July 6, 2013, at UFC 162 in his first non-title bout since 2009. Edgar won via unanimous decision snapping his three fight losing streak. Both fighters received Fight of the Night honors.
On September 11, 2013, the UFC announced during UFC Tonight, that Edgar would coach against former two-time opponent, B.J. Penn for the 19th season of The Ultimate Fighter. The season aired on Fox Sports 1, and the two coaches faced each other for the third time on July 6, 2014, at The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale. Edgar won the one-sided bout by TKO in the third round.
Edgar next faced Cub Swanson on November 22, 2014, at UFC Fight Night 57. Edgar dominated the fight and finished Swanson in the fifth round via submission with only 4 seconds left in the fight. The win also earned Edgar his first Performance of the Night bonus award.
A long speculated "superfight" with former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber took place on May 16, 2015, at UFC Fight Night 66. After speculation as to what weight class the bout was to be contested, either featherweight, bantamweight or at a catchweight of somewhere in between, it was announced that the bout would be contested at featherweight. Edgar won the fight via unanimous decision.
Edgar faced Chad Mendes on December 11, 2015, at The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale. Edgar won the fight by knockout in the first round. The win also earned Edgar his second Performance of the Night bonus award.
Edgar faced Yair Rodríguez on May 13, 2017, at UFC 211. After a dominant first two rounds, Edgar won the fight via TKO due to doctor stoppage between the second and third rounds due to the swelling on the left eye of Rodríguez. Edgar dedicated this fight to his teammate Nick Catone and his wife Marjorie who lost their baby the same week.
Edgar was scheduled to face Max Holloway on December 2, 2017, at UFC 218; however, on November 8, 2017, he pulled out from the fight, citing injury. The pairing with Holloway was rescheduled and is expected to take place on March 3, 2018, at UFC 222. In turn, Holloway pulled out of this bout on February 3, due to a leg injury and the matchup was scrapped. Edgar eventually faced Brian Ortega on the card. Edgar lost the fight via knockout in the first round, the first stoppage loss of his career.
Career outside UFCEdit
KHK MMA Fight TeamEdit
Frankie Edgar is signed as a part of KHK MMA Fight Team, a Bahrain-based stable of international and Bahraini fighters financially backed by team founder Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa, First Deputy President of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Bahrain hosted the training camp ahead of his main event clash with Chad Mendes in Las Vegas, Nevada, at the TUF 22 Finale.
Career as commentatorEdit
On December 21, 2016 Frankie Edgar signed with Brave Combat Federation to make his on-camera debut as color commentator. Frankie's first event commentating was Brave 3: Battle in Brazil, on March 18, 2017. In the occasion, Frankie joined Cyrus Fees, Brave's play-by-play commentator in the 10-bout fight card hosted in Curitiba, Brazil.
Edgar and his wife, Renee, were married ten days after UFC Fight Night 13. The couple have two sons— Francesco, born in January 2009, and Santino James, born in May 2010. They also have one daughter— Valentina, born in June 2014.
Edgar was a featured fighter on True Life: I'm a Mixed Martial Artist leading up to his first fight with Maynard. Edgar appears in all three "UFC Undisputed" video games (2009, 2010, UFC Undisputed 3) and also EA Sports UFC, EA Sports UFC 2 and EA Sports UFC 3.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- World MMA Awards
- Fight of the Year (2011) vs. Gray Maynard on January 1
- Reality Fighting
- Reality Fighting Lightweight Championship (One time)
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|30 matches||23 wins||6 losses|
|Win||23–6–1||Cub Swanson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Lee||April 21, 2018||3||5:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Loss||22–6–1||Brian Ortega||KO (punch)||UFC 222||March 3, 2018||1||4:44||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||22–5–1||Yair Rodríguez||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UFC 211||May 13, 2017||2||5:00||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Win||21–5–1||Jeremy Stephens||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 205||November 12, 2016||3||5:00||New York City, New York, United States|
|Loss||20–5–1||José Aldo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 200||July 9, 2016||5||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||For the interim UFC Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||20–4–1||Chad Mendes||KO (punch)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber Finale||December 11, 2015||1||2:28||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||19–4–1||Urijah Faber||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Faber||May 16, 2015||5||5:00||Pasay, Philippines|
|Win||18–4–1||Cub Swanson||Submission (neck crank)||UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Swanson||November 22, 2014||5||4:56||Austin, Texas, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||17–4–1||B.J. Penn||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Edgar vs. Team Penn Finale||July 6, 2014||3||4:16||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||16–4–1||Charles Oliveira||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 162||July 6, 2013||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||15–4–1||José Aldo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 156||February 2, 2013||5||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Featherweight debut. For the UFC Featherweight Championship. Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||15–3–1||Benson Henderson||Decision (split)||UFC 150||August 11, 2012||5||5:00||Denver, Colorado, United States||For the UFC Lightweight Championship.|
|Loss||15–2–1||Benson Henderson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 144||February 26, 2012||5||5:00||Saitama, Japan||Lost the UFC Lightweight Championship. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||15–1–1||Gray Maynard||KO (punches)||UFC 136||October 8, 2011||4||3:54||Houston, Texas, United States||Defended the UFC Lightweight Championship. Knockout of the Night.|
|Draw||14–1–1||Gray Maynard||Draw (split)||UFC 125||January 1, 2011||5||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Retained the UFC Lightweight Championship. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||14–1||B.J. Penn||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 118||August 28, 2010||5||5:00||Boston, Massachusetts, United States||Defended the UFC Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||13–1||B.J. Penn||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 112||April 10, 2010||5||5:00||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates||Won the UFC Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||12–1||Matt Veach||Submission (rear-naked choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale||December 5, 2009||2||2:22||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||11–1||Sean Sherk||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 98||May 23, 2009||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||10–1||Hermes França||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Silva vs. Irvin||July 19, 2008||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||9–1||Gray Maynard||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon||April 2, 2008||3||5:00||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Win||9–0||Spencer Fisher||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 78||November 17, 2007||3||5:00||Newark, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||8–0||Mark Bocek||TKO (punches)||UFC 73||July 7, 2007||1||4:55||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Win||7–0||Tyson Griffin||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 67||February 3, 2007||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||6–0||Jim Miller||Decision (unanimous)||Reality Fighting 14||November 18, 2006||3||5:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Won the Reality Fighting Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||5–0||Deividas Taurosevičius||Decision (unanimous)||Reality Fighting 13: Battle at the Beach||August 5, 2006||3||5:00||Wildwood, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||4–0||Steve McCabe||Submission (guillotine choke)||Ring of Combat 10||April 14, 2006||1||2:37||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||3–0||Jerome Isip||Technical Submission (rear-naked choke)||SportFighting 2||December 10, 2005||1||3:26||Hoboken, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||2–0||Mark Getto||TKO (punches)||Ring of Combat 9||October 29, 2005||1||4:21||Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||1–0||Eric Uresk||TKO (punches)||Underground Combat League||July 10, 2005||1||3:38||The Bronx, New York, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Edgar vs. Swanson". UFC.com. Archived from the original on November 23, 2014. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-12-09. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Mike Bohn (January 10, 2018). "Frankie Edgar and Marlon Moraes receive BJJ belt promotions from Ricardo Almeida". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on January 13, 2018.
- "Frankie Edgar - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Archived from the original on November 26, 2014. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- "Fighter Rankings". UFC.com. Archived from the original on 2015-05-26.
- "Fighter Rankings | UFC ®". UFC. Retrieved 2018-07-26.
- Fight Magazine "All in the Family"
- Feitl, Steve. "BACK TO HIS ROOTS: Frank Edgar part of fight card in UFC's return to New Jersey"[permanent dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090216124327/http://frankedgar.com/node/2. Archived from the original on February 16, 2009. Retrieved May 24, 2009. Missing or empty
- Adept Mobile. "The Frankie Edgar Diet". Archived from the original on 19 January 2016. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Steve Rivera's Elite Wrestling NJ – Youth & High School Wrestling Training for all Levels Archived 2008-10-20 at the Wayback Machine.. Elitewrestling.net. Retrieved on 2012-03-08.
- "Q&A With Frankie Edgar". Bumpyknuckle.com. November 30, 2009. Archived from the original on July 2, 2015. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- "Frankie Edgar vs. Kurt Pellegrino likely for The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale". MMAjunkie.com. September 10, 2009. Archived from the original on September 13, 2009.
- "Kurt Pellegrino injured, forced out of The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale bout with Frankie Edgar". MMAjunkie.com. October 30, 2009. Archived from the original on October 31, 2009.
- "Matt Veach in to face Edgar at TUF 10 Finale". MMAWeekly.com. October 30, 2009. Archived from the original on January 6, 2014.
- "Ultimate Fighter 10 Results". MMAWeekly.com. December 5, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- Non, Sergio (April 10, 2010). "UFC 112 upset: Edgar answers riddle of Penn, takes lightweight belt". USATODAY.com.
- "MMA Decisions - Edgar def. Penn:". mmadecisions.com. March 12, 2016.
- Ariel Helwani. "Georges St-Pierre, Frankie Edgar Nominated for ESPY Awards". Archived from the original on 2015-05-18.
- Nick Thomas. "BJ Penn signs bout agreement to fight Frankie Edgar UFC 118 coverage". Bloody Elbow. Archived from the original on 13 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Edgar beats BJ Penn again, silences doubters at UFC 118". USA Today. August 29, 2010. Archived from the original on September 12, 2010.
- Pugmire, Lance (August 28, 2010). "Randy Couture wins battle of MMA vs. boxing; Frankie Edgar retains UFC title". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on December 7, 2011.
- BJ "The Prodigy" Penn – Official UFC® Fighter Profile Archived 2010-08-15 at the Wayback Machine.. Ufc.com. Retrieved on 2012-03-08.
- John Morgan. "Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard next; UFC boss says contest is marketable". Archived from the original on 2012-07-10.
- John Morgan (January 2, 2011). "UFC boss has change of heart, Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard III up next". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on January 4, 2011.
- "Dana White Confirms Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard III at UFC 130". MMAFighting.com. January 14, 2011. Archived from the original on January 15, 2011.
- Chiappetta, Mike (May 9, 2011). "Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard off UFC 130". MMAFighting.com. Archived from the original on May 23, 2011. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- Helwani, Ariel (July 15, 2011). "Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard Agree to Meet for a Third Time at UFC 136". MMAFighting.com. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- "UFC Results" (PDF). Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. October 8, 2011. Retrieved February 25, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "UFC champ Frankie Edgar faces Ben Henderson at February's UFC Japan event". mmajunkie.com. November 12, 2011. Archived from the original on November 16, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Michael David Smith (2012-02-26). "UFC 144 Results: Ben Henderson beats Frankie Edgar". mmafighting.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-08.
- Gene Mrosko (2012-02-26). "UFC 144 bonuses and awards for 'Edgar vs Henderson' in Japan". mmamania.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-08.
- "Benson Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar II official for UFC 150 in Denver". mmajunkie.com. May 8, 2012. Archived from the original on May 11, 2012.
- "UFC 150 Results: Benson Henderson Takes the Decision Over Frankie Edgar". mmafighting.com. Aug 12, 2012.
- MMAjunkie.com Staff (August 21, 2012). "Report: Frankie Edgar heading to featherweight". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013.
- "Ricardo Lamas Accepted Bout With Frankie Edgar Several Weeks Ago". fightline.com. September 5, 2012. Archived from the original on November 1, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012.
- "Frankie Edgar replaces Erik Koch, meets champ Jose Aldo at UFC 153". mmajunkie.com. August 31, 2012. Archived from the original on September 1, 2012. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- Morgan; Erickson (2012-09-11). "Injury knocks Jose Aldo out of UFC 153 featherweight title main event with Frankie Edgar". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2012-12-08. Retrieved 2012-09-11.
- Franklin McNeil (March 28, 2013). "Edgar to fight Oliveira at UFC 162". espn.go.com. Archived from the original on March 29, 2013. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Dave Doyle (September 11, 2013). "B.J. Penn, Frankie Edgar to coach The Ultimate Fighter 19, fight at featherweight". mmafighting.com. Archived from the original on December 5, 2014.
- Staff (March 19, 2014). "Frankie Edgar-B.J. Penn headline TUF 19 Finale card July 6 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on March 20, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Staff (July 6, 2014). "Edgar destroys Penn in Ultimate Fighter finale". staradvertiser.com. Archived from the original on July 8, 2014. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- Mike Dyce (2014-09-24). "Cub Swanson to fight Frankie Edgar in main event of UFC Fight Night in Austin". fansided.com. Archived from the original on 2014-10-23. Retrieved 2014-09-24.
- Jamie Penick (2014-11-23). "UFC Fight Night 57 Results: Frankie Edgar scores latest stoppage in UFC history in dominant win over Cub Swanson". mmatorch.com. Archived from the original on 2015-05-20. Retrieved 2014-11-23.
- Staff (2014-11-23). "UFC Fight Night Austin Bonuses: Edgar, Oleinik, VanZant, Curran Get $50K Awards". sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-01.
- LeeLi (2015-02-11). "UFC Manila gets a Superfight: Frankie Edgar vs Urijah Faber set for the 1st Philippines card". mma-in-asia.com. Archived from the original on 2015-02-11. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Anton Tabuena (2015-02-11). "Urijah Faber vs. Frankie Edgar set as UFC: Manila headliner". bloodyelbow.com. Archived from the original on 2015-02-11. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Mike Bohn and MAjunkie Staff (2015-02-11). "Urijah Faber returns to 145, meets Frankie Edgar at UFC Fight Night 66 in Philippines". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2015-05-02.
- Dave Doyle (2015-05-16). "UFC Fight Night 66 results: Frankie Edgar defeats Urijah Faber for fourth straight win". mmafighting.com. Archived from the original on 2015-05-18. Retrieved 2015-05-16.
- Lucas Rezende (2015-08-25). "Frankie Edgar vs. Chad Mendes to headline TUF 22 Finale". bloodyelbow.com. Archived from the original on 2015-08-26. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-12-12). "TUF 22 Finale results: Frankie Edgar lands first-round knockout bomb on Chad Mendes". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-12. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Tristen Critchfield (2015-12-11). "'TUF 22' Finale bonuses: Tony Ferguson earns $100K for wild win over Edson Barboza". sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- Thomas Myers (2016-03-13). "UFC 200: Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar 2 rematch set". mmamania.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-01. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- Dave Doyle (2016-07-09). "UFC 200 results: Jose Aldo outpoints Frankie Edgar, claims interim featherweight crown". mmafighting.com. Archived from the original on 2016-07-11. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- Jesse Holland (2016-09-15). "UFC 205: Frankie Edgar vs Jeremy Stephens on tap for Nov. 12 in New York". mmamania.com. Archived from the original on 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- Ben Fowkles (2016-11-12). "UFC 205 results: Frankie Edgar survives head kick to outduel Jeremy Stephens in thriller". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-13. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- Staff (2017-03-09). "The hits keep on coming: Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez set for UFC 211 in Dallas". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2017-05-16. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "UFC 211: Frankie Edgar dedicates win to Catone family". Asbury Park Press. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- Brett Okamoto (2017-10-03). "Max Holloway to put featherweight title up against Frankie Edgar". espn.com. Archived from the original on 2017-10-04. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- "Frankie Edgar injured, out of Max Holloway fight at UFC 218". MMA Fighting. Archived from the original on 2017-11-09. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- Dave Doyle (2018-01-08). "Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar rescheduled for UFC 222". MMAFighting.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-09. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "Sources: Injured Holloway can't go in UFC 222". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 2018-02-10. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya, Frankie Edgar vs. Brian Ortega scheduled for UFC 222". MMA Fighting. Archived from the original on 2018-02-08. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "UFC 222 results: Brian Ortega first to stop Frankie Edgar, gets massive first-round KO". MMAjunkie. 2018-03-04. Archived from the original on 2018-03-04. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Staff (2018-03-20). "Cub Swanson vs. Frankie Edgar rematch headed to UFC-Atlantic City". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2018-03-21. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "UFC Fight Night 128 results: Frankie Edgar tops Cub Swanson in rematch". MMAjunkie. 2018-04-22. Retrieved 2018-04-22.
- newswire (2018-07-20). "Frankie Edgar-Chan Sung Jung bout set for UFC Fight Night on Nov. 10". espn.com. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- http://www.fightsports.tv/story/30707815/the-crown-prince-of-bahrain-will-be-in-frankie-edgars-corner-at-the-ultimate-fighter-22-finale[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-12-31. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-04-21. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- "Congratulations Renee and Frankie Edgar!". RicardoAlmeida.com. January 18, 2009. Archived from the original on December 18, 2008.
- "UFC LW Champ Frank Edgar has a baby boy". SHERDOG.com. May 25, 2010. Archived from the original on June 1, 2010.
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Frankie Edgar ratchets up focus on B.J. Penn after wife gives birth". nj.com. June 18, 2014. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014.
- Marrapese-Burrell, Nancy. "Winning combination: Edgar preps for lightweight title defense by adding boxing to repertoire" Archived 2010-08-30 at the Wayback Machine., The Boston Globe, August 28, 2010. Accessed February 18, 2011.
- "True Life Update: The Fight Continues For MTV's Mixed Martial Artists". Remotecontrol.MTV.com. October 24, 2008. Archived from the original on October 30, 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-12-27. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Second Team". Archived from the original on 13 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Sherdog.com's 2014 All-Violence Team". Sherdog. Archived from the original on 13 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Sherdog.com. "Sherdog.com's 2017 Beatdown of the Year". Sherdog. Archived from the original on 2017-12-21. Retrieved 2017-12-21.
- "2012 fight of the year: Henderson-Edgar I". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 27 May 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.