The bantamweight division in mixed martial arts refers to a number of different weight classes:
- The UFC's bantamweight division, which groups competitors within 126–135 lb (61.3 kg)
- The King of the Cage bantamweight class, with upper limit at 145 lb (65.8 kg)
- The Shooto bantamweight division, which suits competitors below 125 lb (56.7 kg)
- The ONE Championship's bantamweight division, with upper limit at 66 kg (145.5 lb)
- The Road FC's bantamweight division, with upper limit at 135.6 lb (61.5 kg)
Ambiguity and clarificationEdit
For the sake of uniformity, many American mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 126 and 135 lb (57 and 61 kg) as bantamweights, as it encompasses both the Shooto Featherweight division (132 lb / 60 kg) and the King of the Cage Flyweight division (135 lb / 61 kg). The Association of Boxing Commissions, which governs MMA in that country, uses the 126-135 standard for "bantamweight".
Prior to UFC 31, 150-pound (68 kg) fighters were known as bantamweights in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, after which the weight limit was raised to 155 lb (70 kg), and the division was reinstated as the lightweight class.
These tables were last updated in August 2020.
|UFC||July 11, 2020||Petr Yan||15–1 (7KO 1SUB)||0|
|Rizin FF||August 10, 2020||Kai Asakura||15–2 (10KO 2SUB)||0|
|ONE Championship||March 31, 2019||Bibiano Fernandes||24–4 (2KO 9SUB)||1|
|Fight Nights Global||October 10, 2017||Tomáš Deák||20–10–1 (6KO 8SUB)||1|
|Cage Warriors||September 6, 2019||Jack Cartwright||8–0 (3KO 4SUB)||1|
|ACA||March 6, 2020||Daniel Oliveira||27–6 (9KO 11SUB)||0|
|Brave CF||November 17, 2017||Stephen Loman||13–2 (4KO 2SUB)||4|
|Legacy Fighting Alliance||N/A||Vacant||N/A||N/A|
|UFC||July 9, 2016||Amanda Nunes||20–4 (13KO 3SUB)||5|
- "Fighters: Rankings ..." KingoftheCage.com. Archived from the original on 2007-02-16. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: `er 467 - Unarmed Combat". leg.state.nv.us. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". ABCBoxing.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-05. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|