Marlon Vera (born December 2, 1992), also known as Chito Vera, is an Ecuadorian professional mixed martial artist who currently competes in the Bantamweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Vera gained entry into the UFC after appearing on the inaugural season of The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America. As of May 9, 2023, he is #6 in the UFC bantamweight rankings.
|Born||December 2, 1992|
|Residence||Irvine, California, U.S.|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||136 lb (62 kg; 9 st 10 lb)|
|Reach||70+1⁄2 in (179 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Irvine, California, United States|
|Team||Team Oyama (2016–2021) |
RVCA Training Center (2018–present)
|Rank||Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Vera was born into a middle-class family in Chone, Ecuador. He has an older sister and brother. Causing ruckus and getting into street fights throughout his youth, Vera started training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu in his newly-adopted hometown of Guayaquil at the age of 16.
Mixed martial arts career Edit
Early career Edit
Vera began training as an amateur in 2011 and made his professional debut in February 2012. He compiled a record of 6–1–1, competing for regional promotions in Latin America before trying out for The Ultimate Fighter in 2014.
The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America Edit
Over the course of the show, Vera first defeated Henry Briones in the quarterfinals via knockout. Subsequently, Vera was forced out of his semi-final bout with a skin infection and was replaced by Guido Cannetti.
Ultimate Fighting Championship Edit
Vera was expected to face Ning Guangyou on August 20, 2016 at UFC 202. Subsequently, on August 9, 2016 it was revealed that Guangyou had tested positive for trace amounts of clenbuterol in relation to an out-of-competition drug test taken on May 19. Guangyou was cleared of wrongdoing after it was determined by USADA that he had possibly ingested tainted meat from China. As a result, he was not punished. The bout was rescheduled and expected to take place the following week at UFC on Fox 21. In turn, the bout was postponed again due to alleged visa issues for Guangyou, which restricted the timing of his travel. The pairing eventually took place at featherweight on November 27, 2016 at UFC Fight Night 101. He won the fight via unanimous decision.
Vera was an injury replacement for Henry Briones to face Brad Pickett on March 18, 2017 at UFC Fight Night 107. Due to the short notice and preparation for Vera, the bout was contested at a catchweight of 140 lbs. He won the fight via TKO in the third round for which he was awarded a Performance of the Night bonus.
Vera was expected to face Thomas Almeida on March 2, 2019 at UFC 235. However Almeida pulled out of the fight on January 31, citing an injury, and was replaced by Frankie Saenz. In turn, Vera pulled out of the fight on February 27 due to illness and the bout was scrapped from the event. The bout was rescheduled to UFC Fight Night 148. Vera won the fight via technical knockout in round one.
Vera was scheduled to face Sean O'Malley on July 6, 2019 at UFC 239. However, O'Malley announced his withdraw from the bout on June 21, 2019 due a failed test for ostarine. O'Malley was replaced by newcomer Nohelin Hernandez. He won the fight via a rear-naked choke in round two.
Vera was scheduled to face Jimmie Rivera on February 8, 2020 at UFC 247. However, Rivera pulled out of the fight on January 23 citing an injury. In turn, promotion officials elected to remove Vera from the card.
Vera was expected to face Eddie Wineland on March 28, 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Ngannou vs. Rozenstruik. However, the event was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, Vera faced Song Yadong in a featherweight bout on May 16, 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Overeem vs. Harris. He lost the fight via unanimous decision. Both participants earned the Fight of the Night award.
A rematch of Vera's 2016 bout with Davey Grant took place on June 19, 2021 at UFC on ESPN 25. Vera won the bout this time via unanimous decision. The bout earned both fighters the Fight of the Night award.
Vera faced Rob Font on April 30, 2022 at UFC on ESPN 35. At the weigh-ins, Font weighed in at 138.5 pounds, two and half pounds over the bantamweight non-title fight limit. The bout proceeded at a catchweight with Font forfeiting 20% of his purse to Vera. Vera won the bout via unanimous decision. This fight earned him the Fight of the Night award and also Font's bonus due to his weight miss.
Vera was scheduled to face Cory Sandhagen on February 18, 2023 at UFC Fight Night 219. However, the bout was moved to UFC on ESPN 43 on March 25 for undisclosed reasons. Vera lost the fight via split decision. Though one judge scored the bout for Vera, 24 out of 24 media outlets scored the bout for Sandhagen.
Vera was scheduled to face former UFC Flyweight and Bantamweight Champion Henry Cejudo on August 19, 2023, at UFC 292. However, Cejudo withdrew in late June due to a shoulder injury, and was replaced by Pedro Munhoz. Vera won the fight by unanimous decision.
Personal life Edit
Vera is married to María Paulina Escobar. They have two daughters, born in 2011 and 2018, and a son, born in 2015. His eldest daughter has a rare neurological condition Möbius syndrome, for which Vera created a GoFundMe account. In June 2018, Vera announced that they had raised sufficient donations for a surgery, which was planned to take place in California during the summer of 2018.
Championships & accomplishments Edit
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Performance of the Night (Five times) vs. Roman Salazar, Brad Pickett, Andre Ewell, Frankie Edgar, and Dominick Cruz
- Fight of the Night (Three times) vs. Song Yadong, Davey Grant, and Rob Font
- Most finishes in UFC Bantamweight division history (10)
- Tied (Petr Yan & Montel Jackson) for most knockdowns in UFC Bantamweight division history (10)
- Second most bouts in UFC Bantamweight division history (19)
- Most total fight time in UFC Bantamweight division history (3:59:51)
- Tied (T.J. Dillashaw) for second most wins in UFC Bantamweight division history (13)
- Tied (Rob Font & Sean O'Malley) for second most knockouts in UFC Bantamweight division history (6)
- Tied (Kyung Ho Kang & Aljamain Sterling) for third most submissions in UFC Bantamweight division history (4)
- Most submission attempts in UFC Bantamweight division history (16)
- Fifth most significant strikes landed in UFC Bantamweight division history (1046)
- 2022 Most Improved Fighter of the Year
Mixed martial arts record Edit
|30 matches||21 wins||8 losses|
|Win||21–8–1||Pedro Munhoz||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 292||August 19, 2023||3||5:00||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Loss||20–8–1||Cory Sandhagen||Decision (split)||UFC on ESPN: Vera vs. Sandhagen||March 25, 2023||5||5:00||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|Win||20–7–1||Dominick Cruz||KO (head kick)||UFC on ESPN: Vera vs. Cruz||August 13, 2022||4||2:17||San Diego, California, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||19–7–1||Rob Font||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on ESPN: Font vs. Vera||April 30, 2022||5||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Catchweight (138.5 lb) bout; Font missed weight. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||18–7–1||Frankie Edgar||KO (front kick)||UFC 268||November 6, 2021||3||3:50||New York City, New York, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||17–7–1||Davey Grant||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on ESPN: The Korean Zombie vs. Ige||June 19, 2021||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||16–7–1||José Aldo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Neal||December 19, 2020||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||16–6–1||Sean O'Malley||TKO (elbows and punches)||UFC 252||August 15, 2020||1||4:40||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||15–6–1||Song Yadong||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on ESPN: Overeem vs. Harris||May 16, 2020||3||5:00||Jacksonville, Florida, United States||Featherweight bout. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||15–5–1||Andre Ewell||TKO (elbows and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Joanna vs. Waterson||October 12, 2019||3||3:17||Tampa, Florida, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||14–5–1||Nohelin Hernandez||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC 239||July 6, 2019||2||3:25||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||13–5–1||Frankie Saenz||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Pettis||March 23, 2019||1||1:25||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Win||12–5–1||Guido Cannetti||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Magny vs. Ponzinibbio||November 17, 2018||2||1:31||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Win||11–5–1||Wuliji Buren||TKO (body punch)||UFC 227||August 4, 2018||2||4:53||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Loss||10–5–1||Douglas Silva de Andrade||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Anders||February 3, 2018||3||5:00||Belém, Brazil|
|Loss||10–4–1||John Lineker||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Machida||October 28, 2017||3||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||10–3–1||Brian Kelleher||Submission (armbar)||UFC on Fox: Weidman vs. Gastelum||July 22, 2017||1||2:18||Uniondale, New York, United States|
|Win||9–3–1||Brad Pickett||TKO (head kick and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Manuwa vs. Anderson||March 18, 2017||3||3:50||London, England||Catchweight (140 lb) bout. Performance of the Night.|
|Win||8–3–1||Ning Guangyou||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Brunson||November 27, 2016||3||5:00||Melbourne, Australia||Featherweight bout.|
|Loss||7–3–1||Davey Grant||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Silva vs. Bisping||February 27, 2016||3||5:00||London, England||Vera was deducted a point in round 3 due to grabbing the inside of Grant's glove.|
|Win||7–2–1||Roman Salazar||Submission (triangle armbar)||UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Saint Preux||August 8, 2015||2||2:15||Nashville, Tennessee, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||6–2–1||Marco Beltrán||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 180||November 15, 2014||3||5:00||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Win||6–1–1||D'Juan Owens||Submission (heel hook)||Inka FC 24||October 23, 2013||1||1:54||Lima, Peru|
|Loss||5–1–1||Bruno Leandro Lobato||Decision (unanimous)||Inka FC 23||August 24, 2013||3||5:00||Lima, Peru|
|Draw||5–0–1||Fábio Bispo||Draw (unanimous)||Inka FC 22||June 29, 2013||3||5:00||Lima, Peru|
|Win||5–0||Luis Roberto Herrera||Submission (rear-naked choke)||FMP 16: Mexican Fighters Promotions 16||May 25, 2013||1||1:50||Chihuahua City, Mexico|
|Win||4–0||Joel Iglesias||KO (elbows)||300 Sparta||April 24, 2013||1||4:04||Lima, Peru|
|Win||3–0||Javier Umana Munoz||Submission (triangle choke)||Panama Fight League: Ultimate Combat Challenge 13||January 18, 2013||2||4:44||Panama City, Panama|
|Win||2–0||Jack Guzman||Submission (triangle choke)||Samurai FC 7: Peace and War||February 20, 2012||1||N/A||Quito, Ecuador|
|Win||1–0||Cesar Moreno||Decision (unanimous)||EMMA 2: Conflicto||June 18, 2011||3||5:00||Santa Elena, Ecuador|
See also Edit
- Nick Baldwin (January 7, 2017). "Marlon Vera says moving to the U.S. has made him a better fighter". Bloody Elbow. bloodyelbow.com.
- "Marlon Vera | UFC". UFC.com. 14 September 2018. Retrieved June 27, 2021.
- Thomas Gerbasi (June 18, 2021). "Marlon Vera Embraces 'Fighting Is Life' Mantra". Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- The Schmo (August 7, 2020). The Schmaking of UFC 252 Sean O'Malley vs Chito Vera.
- "I got my ass whooped in the street many times. But never got tired " - Marlon 'Chito' Vera. April 16, 2021 – via YouTube.
- Newswire, MMA Fighting (3 April 2022). "Marlon Vera gets deep on losing, depression, and a hard road to first UFC main event: 'I thought my career was done'". MMA Fighting.
- Stupp, Dann (11 August 2015). "UFC Fight Night 73 winner Marlon Vera fighting to pay off his daughter's surgery". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- Johns, Craig (29 February 2016). "UFC London: Davey Grant 'over the moon' with comeback win over Marlon Vera after injury-hell". Chronicle Live. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "UFC Rankings, Division Rankings, P4P rankings, UFC Champions | UFC.com". www.ufc.com. Retrieved 2023-05-09.
- Ariel Helwani (November 9, 2021). Marlon Vera Talks Infamous Knockout Photo at UFC 268: ‘It’s Him or Me’ - MMA Fighting – via YouTube.
- Jesse Holland (2014-05-14). "The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): 'Latin America' cast revealed for 'Velasquez vs. Werdum'". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- Danny Downes (2014-09-14). "Episode Five recap: The Ultimate Fighter Latin America". ufc.com. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- Danny Downes (2014-10-28). "Episode Ten recap: The Ultimate Fighter Latin America". ufc.com. Retrieved 2014-10-28.[permanent dead link]
- Reo Hurskainen (2014-11-10). "UFC 180 Fight Card Finalized with TUF: Latin America Additions". combatpress.com. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- Steven Marrocco (2014-11-15). "UFC 180 results: Marco Beltran outworks Marlon Vera in UFC's first fight in Mexico". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- Staff (2015-05-29). "Roman Salazar vs. Marlon Vera added to UFC Fight Night in Nashville". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-05-29.
- Ben Fowlkes (2015-08-08). "UFC Fight Night 73 results: Marlon Vera submits Roman Salazar in second round". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-08.
- Mike Sloan (2015-08-08). "UFC Fight Night bonuses: Teixeira, St. Preux, Nunes, Vera pocket $50K in Nashville". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-08-08.
- Staff (2015-12-14). "vs. Vera joins UFC Fight Night 84 in London". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-02-27). "UFC Fight Night 84 results: Davey Grant overcomes fouls to beat Marlon Vera". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-02-27.
- Danny Segura (2016-07-17). "Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou set for UFC 202". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "UFC bantamweight Ning Guangyou tests positive for banned substance, will not face suspension". 2016-08-09. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2016-08-22). "Guangyou-Vera bout off Vancouver card". ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-11-27). "UFC Fight Night 101 results: Marlon Vera has good first, good third for decision over Ning Guangyou". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-27.
- Staff (2017-01-06). "Marlon Vera replaces Bryan Caraway, meets Jimmie Rivera at UFC Fight Night 103". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Newswire (2017-01-07). "Jimmie Rivera explains why he wont fight replacement Marlon Vera: I'll look like a 'bully'". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- John Morgan (2017-01-08). "Jimmie Rivera withdraws from UFC Fight Night 103 after picking Marlon Vera over John Dodson". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- Simon Head (2017-03-11). "Brad Pickett gets new foe for next week's retirement fight at UFC Fight Night 107". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- Jed Meshew (2017-03-18). "Marlon Vera retires Brad Pickett with head kick knockout". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- Tristen Critchfield (2017-03-18). "UFC Fight Night 107 bonuses: Manuwa, Nelson, Vera, Diakiese receive $50K checks". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- Dale Jordan (2017-06-07). "Marlon Vera vs. Brian Kelleher added to UFC on FOX 25 in Long Island". mmamad.com. Archived from the original on 2017-09-05. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- "UFC on FOX 25 results: Marlon Vera's defense leads to slick armbar submission of Brian Kelleher". MMAjunkie. 2017-07-22. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- Guilherme Cruz (2017-09-19). "UFC adds John Lineker vs. Marlon Vera to Fight Night card in Sao Paulo". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "UFC Fight Night 119: John Lineker rolls past Marlon Vera by unanimous decision". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2017-10-29.
- Staff (2018-01-05). "Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Marlon Vera added to UFC-Belem". mmajnkie.com. Archived from the original on 2017-12-22. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "UFC Fight Night 125 results: Douglas Silva de Andrade outworks Marlon Vera in striking battle". MMAjunkie. 2018-02-04. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- Staff (2018-07-18). "Marlon Vera replaces Bharat Kandare, faces Wuliji Buren at UFC 227". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "UFC 227 results: Marlon Vera liver shot crumbles Wuliji Buren". MMAjunkie. 2018-08-04. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-09-09). "Argentijn Guido Cannetti vecht in geboortestad Buenos Aires tegen Marlon Vera". MMA DNA (in Dutch). Retrieved 2021-12-01.
- "UFC Argentina results: 'Chito' Vera starts slow but stuns, taps Guido Cannetti in second". MMAjunkie. 2018-11-18. Retrieved 2018-11-18.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-01-10). "South American clash between Thomas Almeida and Marlon Vera during UFC 235" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-01-10.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-01-31). "Following Holm vs. Ladd now also Thomas Almeida vs. Marlon Vera canceled" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Marcel Dorff (2 February 2019). "Frankie Saenz pakt short notice gevecht tegen Marlon Vera tijdens UFC 235 in Las Vegas" (in Dutch). Retrieved 2021-12-01.
- Staff (2019-02-27). "Vera vs. Saenz scratched from UFC 235". ufc.com. Retrieved 2019-02-27.
- Marcel Dorff (March 2019). "Marlon Vera vs. Frankie Saenz again scheduled, this time UFC Nashville" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2021-12-01.
- "UFC Nashville results: Marlon Vera drops Frankie Saenz, scores first-round TKO". MMA Junkie. 2019-03-23. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- Marcel Dorff (26 April 2019). "IFW 2019 krijgt Marlon Vera vs. Sean O'Malley tijdens UFC 239 in Las Vegas" (in Dutch). Retrieved 2021-12-01.
- Lee, Alexander (21 June 2019). "Sean O'Malley announces withdrawal from UFC 239 after banned substances 'resurfaced'". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- Marcel Dorff (2 July 2019). "Nohelin Hernandez takes very short notice against Marlon Vera next Saturday". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2021-12-01.(in Dutch)
- Anderson, Jay (2019-07-06). "UFC 239 Results: Nohelin Hernandez Shows Grit, Marlon Vera Gets Submission Win". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-07-07.
- King, Nolan (2019-09-04). "Marlon Vera vs. Andre Ewell set for UFC on ESPN+ 19". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-09-05.
- Doherty, Dan (2019-10-12). "UFC Tampa Results: Marlon Vera Overwhelms Andre Ewell for Fifth Straight Victory". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- "UFC on ESPN+ 19 bonuses: Cub Swanson-Kron Gracie slugfest earns 'Fight of the Night'". MMA Junkie. 2019-10-13. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- Tristen Critchfield (2019-12-07). "Jimmie Rivera, Marlon Vera agree to bantamweight showdown at UFC 247". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- Nolan King (2020-01-23). "Jimmie Rivera injured, out of UFC 247 fight vs. Marlon Vera". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- Danny Segura (2020-02-28). "Marlon Vera vs. Eddie Wineland added to UFC on ESPN 8 in Columbus". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- Brett Okamoto (2020-04-09). "Dana White says UFC 249 will not happen April 18". espn.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- Martin, Damon (2020-05-01). "UFC reveals full fight cards for May 13 and May 16 events". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2020-05-04.
- Mike Bohn (17 May 2020). "UFC on ESPN 8 results: Song Yadong snaps Marlon Vera's streak in close decision". www.mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- Anderson, Jay (2020-05-17). "UFC on ESPN 8 Bonuses: Cortney Casey, Miguel Baeza Rewarded for Big Finishes". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- Doherty, Dan (2020-07-11). "Sean O'Malley vs. Marlon Vera Booked Again for UFC 252". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-07-11.
- Evanoff, Josh (2020-08-16). "UFC 252 Results: Marlon Vera Stops The Sugar Show". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- Brian Campbell (2020-08-16). "UFC 252 results, highlights: Marlon Vera stuns injured Sean O'Malley with vicious TKO stoppage". CBS Sports.com. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
- Danny Segura (2020-11-19). "Jose Aldo vs. Marlon 'Chito' Vera booked for UFC Fight Night 185". Mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- Doherty, Dan (2020-12-19). "UFC Vegas 17 Results: Jose Aldo Turns Back Clock in Win Over Marlon Vera". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-12-20.
- Marcel Dorff (2021-04-20). "BREAKING: Marlon Vera vs. Davey Grant toegevoegd aan UFC evenement op 19 juni". MMA DNA (in Dutch). Retrieved 2021-12-01.
- Anderson, Jay (2021-06-19). "UFC Vegas 29 Results: Marlon Vera Bests Davey Grant in Firefight". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2021-06-20.
- Marrocco, Steven (2021-06-19). "UFC Vegas 29 bonuses: Marlon Vera vs. Davey Grant gets 'Fight of the Night'". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2021-06-20.
- Marcel Dorff (2021-08-27). "Frankie Edgar treft Marlon Vera tijdens UFC 268 in New York". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2021-08-27. (in Dutch)
- Anderson, Jay (2021-11-06). "UFC 268 Results: Marlon Vera Stops Frankie Edgar with Front Kick". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2021-11-07.
- Lee, Alexander K. (2021-11-07). "UFC 268 bonuses: Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler thriller leads night of six winners". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2021-11-07.
- "UFC Vegas 53 | Font vs. Vera is het main event op 30 april in Las Vegas". Eurosport (in Dutch). 2022-03-10. Retrieved 2022-03-10.
- Alexander K. Lee (2022-04-29). "UFC Vegas 53 weigh-in results: Rob Font comes in 2.5 pounds over limit for main event". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2022-04-29.
- Anderson, Jay (2022-04-30). "UFC Vegas 53: Marlon Vera Drops Rob Font In Three Straight Rounds, Earns Impressive Decision Win". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2022-05-01.
- Matt Erickson (2022-04-30). "UFC on ESPN 35 bonuses: Marlon Vera gets $100,000 because of Font's weight miss". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2022-04-30.
- Alexander K. Lee (2022-06-18). "Dominick Cruz vs. Marlon Vera headlines Aug. 13 UFC event in San Diego". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2022-06-18.
- Dewar, Val (2022-08-13). "UFC San Diego: Marlon Vera Puts Down Dominick Cruz with Blistering Head Kick". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2022-08-15.
- Alexander K. Lee (2022-08-13). "UFC San Diego bonuses: Nate Landwehr, David Onama earn 'Fight of the Night' for unbelievable battle". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2022-08-13.
- Mike Bohn (2022-12-23). "Marlon Vera vs. Cory Sandhagen to headline UFC Fight Night on Feb. 18". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2022-12-23.
- Staff (2023-02-02). "Cory Sandhagen vs. Marlon Vera rebooked to headline March 25 UFC event". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2023-02-02.
- Doherty, Dan (2023-03-25). "UFC San Antonio: Cory Sandhagen Puts On Clinic Against Marlon Vera". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2023-03-26.
- "Cory Sandhagen def. Marlon Vera :: UFC on ESPN 43 :: MMA Decisions". mmadecisions.com. Retrieved 2023-03-28.
- Staff (2023-06-19). "Henry Cejudo vs. Marlon 'Chito' Vera booked for UFC 292 in Boston". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2023-06-29.
- Drake Riggs (2023-06-29). "Henry Cejudo shares injury details, withdraws from Marlon Vera fight at UFC 292". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2023-06-29.
- Matthew Wells (2023-07-07). "Marlon Vera set to fight Pedro Munhoz at UFC 292 after Henry Cejudo withdrawal". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2023-07-07.
- Anderson, Jay (2023-08-19). "UFC 292: Marlon Vera Bloodies Pedro Munhoz, Claims Decision Win". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2023-08-20.
- Danny Segura (June 21, 2018). "Marlon Vera's daughter to undergo surgery on Friday for Moebius syndrome". mmafighting.com.
- "Marlon Vera Gets Pepsi Advertisement Deal | Fightful MMA". www.fightful.com. Retrieved 2017-09-26.
- "UFC Records - Bantamweight". statleaders.ufc.com. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- Mike Bohn (December 17, 2020). "UFC Fight Night 183 pre-event facts: Is Jose Aldo facing do-or-die situation?". MMAjunkie.com.
- Brett Okamoto (2022-12-22). "MMA 2022 awards: The best fighter, finish, prospect and more". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2022-12-23.
- Sherdog.com. "Marlon". Sherdog. Retrieved 2020-05-17.