Pedro Henrique Lopes Munhoz (born September 7, 1986) is a Brazilian mixed martial artist currently fighting in the Bantamweight division in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He is the former Bantamweight Champion of Resurrection Fighting Alliance. As of July 26, 2018, he is #10 in the official UFC Bantamweight rankings.
September 7, 1986|
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
|Nickname(s)||The Young Punisher|
|Residence||Torrance, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Reach||65 in (165 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Gardena, California, United States|
Kings MMA (formerly)|
American Top Team
|Rank||Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
A professional since 2009, Munhoz began his career competing in local promotions in his native São Paulo, Brazil before moving to the United States in 2011. He competed in several regional promotions across the United States, compiling an undefeated record and eventually became Resurrection Fighting Alliance bantamweight champion on August 16, 2013 after defeating notable veteran Jeff Curran by split decision. Munhoz defended his title for the first time on January 24, 2014, defeating Billy Daniels via first round submission. After the victory over Daniels, Munhoz signed with the UFC in early February 2014.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Munhoz made his promotional debut on February 22, 2014, as a short notice replacement for an injured Francisco Rivera and faced top contender Raphael Assunção at UFC 170. Assunção defeated Munhoz via unanimous decision.
Munhoz faced Jerrod Sanders on October 4, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 54. He won the fight via submission in the first round. A few months later, it was revealed that Munhoz tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone. Munhoz's camp requested testing documentation and didn't receive it until three months later. He said a review of the results by anti-doping specialist Paul Scott determined that his testosterone was not, in fact, elevated, coming in at 850 ng/mL, or on the high end of the normal range for men his age. He admitted to using two supplements allowed by the UFC that may have elevated his testosterone, but not outside the legal limit. On November 4, 2015, Munhoz was suspended for one year retroactive to his fight due to testosterone metabolites of an exogenous origin and his win was changed to a no-contest.
Munhoz was expected to face John Dodson at UFC Fight Night 125 on February 3, 2018. However, Munhoz missed weight by four pounds over the bantamweight non title fight upper limit of 136 pounds, and Dodson declined to take the fight and the fight was cancelled. The fight was rescheduled to UFC 222 on March 3, 2018. Munhoz lost the fight via split decision. 
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|20 matches||16 wins||3 losses|
|Win||16–3 (1)||Brett Johns||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 227||August 4, 2018||3||5:00||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Loss||15–3 (1)||John Dodson||Decision (split)||UFC 222||March 3, 2018||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||15–2 (1)||Rob Font||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Machida||October 28, 2017||1||4:03||São Paulo, Brazil||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||14–2 (1)||Damian Stasiak||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Teixeira||May 28, 2017||3||5:00||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Win||13–2 (1)||Justin Scoggins||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira 2||November 19, 2016||2||1:55||São Paulo, Brazil||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||12–2 (1)||Russell Doane||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos vs. Alvarez||July 7, 2016||1||2:08||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||11–2 (1)||Jimmie Rivera||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson 3||November 7, 2015||3||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil|
|NC||11–1 (1)||Jerrod Sanders||NC (overturned)||UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Saffiedine||October 4, 2014||1||0:39||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada||Originally a submission (guillotine choke) win for Munhoz; overturned after he tested positive for exogenous origin of testosterone.|
|Win||11–1||Matt Hobar||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale: Miocic vs. Maldonado||May 31, 2014||1||2:47||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Loss||10–1||Raphael Assunção||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 170||February 22, 2014||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||10–0||Billy Daniels||Submission (guillotine choke)||RFA 12||January 24, 2014||1||0:41||Los Angeles, California, United States||Defended the RFA Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||9–0||Jeff Curran||Decision (split)||RFA 9||August 16, 2013||5||5:00||Carson, California, United States||Won the vacant RFA Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||8–0||Mitch Jackson||Submission (guillotine choke)||RFA 8||June 21, 2013||1||4:49||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||7–0||Bill Kamery||Submission (heel hook)||RFA 5||November 30, 2012||1||2:27||Kearney, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||6–0||Camilo Gonzalez||Submission (guillotine choke)||RITC: Respect in the Cage||July 30, 2011||2||1:21||Pomona, California, United States|
|Win||5–0||Richard Montalvo||Submission (rear naked-choke)||MMA Xplosion: International Team Challenge||January 29, 2011||2||2:31||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||4–0||Mauro Brenes||Decision (unanimous)||RITC: Respect in the Cage||October 9, 2010||3||5:00||Pomona, California, United States|
|Win||3–0||Pablo Alfonso||Decision (unanimous)||Jungle Fight 18: São Paulo||March 20, 2010||3||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||2–0||Roberto Matsumoto||TKO (retirement)||EFC: Eagle Fighting Championship||September 26, 2009||2||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Win||1–0||Reginaldo Vieira||Submission (punches)||FF: Full Fight 1||March 21, 2009||2||3:35||São Paulo, Brazil|
- "Pedro Munhoz - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. July 11, 2016.
- "Pedro Munhoz Profile". tapology.com. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Matt Erickson and Christian Stein (2017-05-24). "After move to American Top Team, UFC Fight Night 109's Pedro Munhoz has sights on title". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "Fighter Rankings | UFC ®". UFC. Retrieved 2018-07-26.
- Dave Doyle (2014-01-23). "Hall of Fame training pedigree molded RFA champion Pedro Munhoz". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- Ken Pishna (2013-08-17). "Pedro Munhoz Captures Title, Jeff Curran Likely Done Fighting". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- Ryan Bevins (2014-02-08). "RFA bantamweight champion Pedro "The Young Punisher" Munhoz signs with the UFC". rfafighting.com. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Zane Simon (2014-02-09). "UFC signs Pedro Munhoz to fight Raphael Assuncao at UFC 170". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- Brian Martin (2014-02-22). "No. 3 Raphael Assuncao too much for UFC newcomer Pedro Munhoz, earns unanimous-decision win". dailynews.com. Retrieved 2014-02-22.
- Mike Whitman (2014-04-15). "Pedro Munhoz-Matt Hobar Added to 'TUF: Brazil 3' Finale". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- Ben Fowlkes (2014-05-31). "TUF Brazil 3 Finale results, photos: Pedro Munhoz tears through Matt Hobar". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- Staff (2014-08-20). "Jerrod Sanders drops two divisions, meets Pedro Munhoz at UFC Fight Night 54". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- Matt Erickson (2014-10-04). "UFC Fight Night 54 results: Pedro Munhoz submits Jerrod Sanders in 39 seconds". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-08-20). "Settlement imminent between Pedro Munhoz and Nova Scotia athletic commission". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-11-04.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-11-03). "After talk of settlement, UFC's Pedro Munhoz gets one-year suspension, no-contest". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- Tristen Critchfield (2015-09-16). "Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera added to UFC Fight Night in Sao Paulo". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- Ben Fowlkes (2015-11-07). "UFC Fight Night 77 results: Jimmie Rivera takes split decision from Pedro Munhoz". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- Staff (2016-05-15). "Pedro Munhoz vs. Russell Doane added to UFC Fight Night 90 Finale". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-07-07). "UFC Fight Night 90 results: Pedro Munhoz recovers from Russell Doane punches, gets first-round tap". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-07-07). "UFC Fight Night bonuses: Alvarez, Jouban, Muhammad, Munhoz collect $50K". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- Staff (2016-09-03). "Pedro Munhoz vs. Justin Scoggins set for UFC Fight Night 100 in November". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-09-03.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-11-19). "UFC Fight Night 100 results: Pedro Munhoz taps Justin Scoggins with second-round guillotine choke". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-11-19). "UFC Fight Night 100 bonuses: Almeida, Ferreira, Antiglov, Munhoz pocket $50K". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- Marcel Dorff (2017-03-14). "Pedro Munhoz fights Damian Stasiak at UFC Fight Night 109 in Stockholm". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2017-03-14.(in Dutch)
- Steven Marrocco (2017-05-28). "UFC Fight Night 109 results: Pedro Munhoz counters flashy Damian Stasiak with heavy hitting for win". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-05-28.
- Staff (2017-09-12). "Pedro Munhoz vs. Rob Font added to UFC Fight Night 119 in Brazil". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- "UFC Fight Night 119: Pedro Munhoz taps Rob Font with one-armed guillotine". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2017-10-29.
- "UFC Fight Night 119 bonuses: Derek Brunson's decimation of Machida was worth an extra $50,000". MMAjunkie. 2017-10-29. Retrieved 2017-10-29.
- Jay Anderson (2017-01-04). "John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz Official for UFC Belem". cagesidepress.com. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "John Dodson vs. Pedro Munhoz off of UFC Belem". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- "Bantamweight bout rescheduled for UFC 222 in Las Vegas". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2018-02-07. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "UFC 222 results: John Dodson a step too fast, takes split from Pedro Munhoz". MMAjunkie. 2018-03-04. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Pugmire, Lance. "Beyond St-Pierre vs. Nate Diaz, the UFC 227 fight board is stacked for Staples Center". latimes.com. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- "Brett Johns vs. Pedro Munhoz booked for UFC 227 in Los Angeles". MMAjunkie. 2018-07-01. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "UFC 227 results: Pedro Munhoz batters incredibly durable Brett Johns, settles for decision". MMAjunkie. 2018-08-05. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- Adam Hill (2018-08-23). "Bryan Caraway, Pedro Munhoz to meet on 'TUF' 28 Finale at Palms". reviewjournal.com. Retrieved 2018-08-23.