UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that is planned to take place on February 8, 2020 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
|UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes|
The poster for UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 8, 2020|
While not officially announced by the organization, the promotion was initially targeting a light heavyweight bout between former title challenger Ovince Saint Preux and Ryan Spann to take place at the event. However, promotion matchmakers elected to go in another direction and the pairing was scrapped from the event.
A bantamweight bout between Sean O'Malley and José Alberto Quiñónez was originally scheduled to take place at UFC 229. However, it was scrapped after O'Malley failed a United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) drug test. The bout was then expected to take place at this event but it was eventually moved to UFC 248 for unknown reasons. 
Dhiego Lima was scheduled to face Alex Morono at the event. However, Lima was forced off the card on January 22 with a neck injury. Promotion officials have not announced whether or not Morono would remain on the card against a replacement, or if the pairing with Lima would remain intact and rescheduled for a future event.
Jimmie Rivera was scheduled to face Marlon Vera at the event. However, Rivera pulled out of the fight on January 23 citing an injury. Promotion officials have not announced whether or not Vera would remain on the card against a replacement, or if the pairing with Rivera would remain intact and rescheduled for a future event.
|Light Heavyweight||Jon Jones (c)||vs.||Dominick Reyes||[a]|
|Women's Flyweight||Valentina Shevchenko (c)||vs.||Katlyn Chookagian||[b]|
|Heavyweight||Juan Adams||vs.||Justin Tafa|
|Featherweight||Mirsad Bektić||vs.||Dan Ige|
|Heavyweight||Derrick Lewis||vs.||Ilir Latifi|
|Preliminary Card (ESPN)|
|Middleweight||Trevin Giles||vs.||Antonio Arroyo|
|Women's Flyweight||Lauren Murphy||vs.||Andrea Lee|
|Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Bantamweight||Miles Johns||vs.||Mario Bautista|
|Bantamweight||Journey Newson||vs.||Domingo Pilarte|
|Bantamweight||Andre Ewell||vs.||Jonathan Martinez|
- Dan Hiergesell (2019-11-22). "Jones Vs. Reyes Official For PPV Event In Houston". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2019-11-23.
- Staff. "Valentina Shevchenko puts title at stake against Katlyn Chookagian during UFC 247 in Houston". mmadna.com. Retrieved 2019-11-22.(in Dutch)
- Heath Harshman (2019-11-20). "UFC 247: Potential Main Events for Houston's Pay-Per-View". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- Cole Shelton (2019-11-13). "Ovince St. Preux to lock horns with Ryan Spann at UFC event on Feb. 8". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- Nolan King (2019-12-10). "Ovince Saint Preux vs. Ryan Spann canceled from UFC 247 in Houston". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- Marc Raimondi (2018-09-30). "Sean O'Malley announces he's failed USADA drug test, out of UFC 229". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- Farah Hannoun and John Morgan (2020-01-03). "Sean O'Malley vs. Jose Quinonez moved to UFC 248 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2020-01-05.
- Guilherme Cruz (2020-01-22). "Neck injury forces Dhiego Lima out of UFC 247 fight with Alex Morono". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- Nolan King (2020-01-23). "Jimmie Rivera injured, out of UFC 247 fight vs. Marlon Vera". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- "UFC 247 | UFC". www.ufc.com. Retrieved 2019-12-27.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|