21 Laps Entertainment
This article needs to be updated.November 2017)(
21 Laps Entertainment is an American film and television production company run by director-producer Shawn Levy. The company is best known as the creators of Stranger Things, and exclusively distributes content through a partnership with Netflix.
|Products||Motion pictures, television programs|
One of the company's most recent television projects, Stranger Things, premiered on Netflix in July 2016 and achieved tremendous critical acclaim, earning a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes with 55 out of 58 reviews being positive. The show's first season was also one of Netflix's most watched series, averaging 14.07 million adults 18-49 in its first 35 days. Along with producing the series, Levy directed two of the premiere season's episodes; a third season has recently been announced.
|2005||Cheaper by the Dozen 2||Adam Shankman|
|2006||Night at the Museum||Shawn Levy|
|2008||What Happens in Vegas||Tom Vaughan|
|The Rocker||Peter Cattaneo|
|2009||Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian||Shawn Levy|
|2012||The Watch||Akiva Schaffer|
|2013||The Internship||Shawn Levy|
|The Spectacular Now||James Ponsoldt|
|2014||This Is Where I Leave You||Shawn Levy|
|Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day||Miguel Arteta|
|Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb||Shawn Levy|
|2016||Arrival||Denis Villeneuve||Nominated for Academy Award for Best Picture|
|Why Him?||John Hamburg|
|2017||Fist Fight||Richie Keen|
|Table 19||Jeffrey Blitz|
|The Darkest Minds||Jennifer Yuh Nelson|
|Kin||Jonathan Baker and Josh Baker|||
|2020||The Violent Heart||Kerem Sanga|
|Free Guy||Shawn Levy|
|Monster Problems||Michael Matthews|||
|2021||Untitled Sesame Street film||Jonathan Krisel|
|TBA||The Day The Crayons Quit||Shawn Levy|||
|Last Man Standing||ABC
|July 2, 2019||School Stew||TBS|
|TBA||All the Light We Cannot See||Netflix|
|I Am Not Okay With This||Netflix|
|Night at the Museum: The Animated Series||TBA|
|Shadow and Bone||Netflix|
- "Fox Animation Acquires Film Rights to Sanrio's Mr. Men Little Miss Properties". Business Wire.
- Breznican, Anthony. "Shawn Levy to produce 'Man Made' book about toughened-up dad". EW.com.
- "'Stranger Things' Producer Inks Massive Overall Deal With Netflix". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- "Stranger Things - Season 1 Reviews". Rotten Tomatoes.
- Holloway, Daniel. "'Stranger Things' Ratings: Where Series Ranks Among Netflix's Most Watched". Variety.com.
- Guerrasio, Jason. "How the man behind Netflix hit 'Stranger Things' is taking over Hollywood". Business Insider.
- "Netflix US on Twitter". Twitter.
- Barnes, Brooks (25 November 2016). "A Filmmaker's Belief in Himself Pays Off". New York Times. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- McNary, Dave (August 30, 2016). "James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Jack Reynor to Star in Sci-Fi Film 'Kin'". Variety Magazine. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Busch, Jenna (November 30, 2017). "Lionsgate Announces Release Dates for Hellboy and Kin". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (October 22, 2018). "Paramount Players Has Michael Matthews Directing, Dylan O'Brien Negotiating On 'Monster Problems'". Deadline. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- Sandy Schaefer (April 4, 2019). "Paramount's 2020 Sizzle Reel Hypes Top Gun: Maverick, Coming to America 2 & More". Screen Rant. Retrieved April 4, 2019.
- McNavy, Dave (19 June 2017). "'The Day the Crayons Quit' Movie in the Works at Sony". variety.com. Retrieved 15 March 2017.