Peter Joseph Cattaneo
1 July 1964
|Children||Freddie, Louis, Sonny and Stella|
Life and careerEdit
Cattaneo was brought up in Twickenham, London, England. His father was a London-born animator of Italian descent. After attending London College of Printing for an art foundation course, and Leeds Polytechnic for a BA in Graphic Design (Film), he graduated from the Royal College of Art in 1989, he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film for Dear Rosie (1990). He went on to make his feature film debut with The Full Monty (1997), which was a smash success both in the UK and internationally. The comedy grossed £160,049,344 at the box office on a £3 million budget and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture and the Academy Award for Best Director and won the Academy Award for Best Original Score by Anne Dudley.
Cattaneo has since directed several films including Lucky Break (2001), Opal Dream (2006) and The Rocker (2008). He has also directed a multitude of commercials as well as every episode of the award-winning comedy television series Rev. for BBC Two. He was awarded an MBE in 1998.
|1990||Dear Rosie||Short Film Subject|
Nominated - Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film
Nominated - BAFTA Award for Best Short Film
|1997||The Full Monty||MTV Movie Award for Best New Filmmaker|
Nominated - Academy Award for Best Director
Nominated - BAFTA Award for Best Direction
|2001||Lucky Break||Also Producer|
|2006||Opal Dream||Also Writer|
|1993||Teenage Health Freak||TV series |
|1993-1994||The Bill||TV series |
|2010-2012||Little Crackers||TV series |
|2010-2014||Rev.||TV series |
|2016||The A Word||TV series |
|2017||Diana & I||TV movie|
- "FILM | Peter Cattaneo's lucky breaks". News.bbc.co.uk. 2001-08-17. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- "Contemporary British and Irish Film Directors: A Wallflower Critical Guide - Yoram Allon, Del Cullen, Hannah Patterson - Google Books". Books.google.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- "Winning Streak". The Guardian. Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- Sally Vincent. "Peter Cattaneo, director of The Full Monty | Film". Theguardian.com. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- "Academy films - Peter Cattaneo".
- https://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/news/alumni.htm[permanent dead link]