"In crisis situations, it holds a special value. It offsets all burning questions at that particular moment." Ok, fine, getting to ask your question first has value, but how does that offset "burning questions?" If it's really a "burning question" isn't everybody going to be asking the same thing? And isn't this whole issue rather more an interpretation than a statement of fact? And who says so? Arcanicus (talk) 16:10, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
Article seems to lack enough notability to stand on its own; it therefore seems completely logical to place this information here. — Coffee // have a cup // beans // 22:38, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- How about changing the title/subject to White House press briefing (or similar)? DexDor (talk) 20:11, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- It really isn't identical to the White House press briefing, although that *could* be a potential separate article from news conference being a highly specific instance (e.g. with its own seating/calling-on traditions and rules) that is by its nature individually notable (and has had notable individual events). I would say that the gaggle is a subset of that, but not of news conference per se, as it's subsidiary to the functionality of the formal press briefing. (Very few news conferences come with their own in-house, essentially permanently assigned correspondents embedded in the building where they take place.) But a whole new article would be necessary in that case. Dhartung | Talk 22:16, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
- Closing merge proposal, given no support for the merge and discussion now stale. Klbrain (talk) 21:04, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
Requested move 4 November 2019Edit
- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review after discussing it on the closer's talk page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
The result of the move request was: Moved. (non-admin closure) – Ammarpad (talk) 14:16, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
News conference → Press conference – "Press conference" is much more commonly used than "News conference".  feminist (talk) 12:41, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support, per the nom n-gram data. Randy Kryn (talk) 15:16, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support. The n-gram is convincing. Calidum 17:03, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support per nominator's statement. Aoba47 (talk) 22:16, 5 November 2019 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.