|Operating bases||Zürich Airport|
|Parent company||Albex Aviation|
|Key people||Tobias Somandin, CEO|
The airline was founded in August 2014, in cooperation with the German airline Germania (which also lent its corporate design) and Swiss leisure company Hotelplan, with the aim to operate leisure charter flights using the brand HolidayJet. Following the inaugural flight on 26 March 2015, for the summer 2015 and winter 2015/2016, Germania Flug operated from Zürich to 17 leisure destinations in Europe and North Africa.
However, from November 2015, Germania Flug stopped its collaboration with HolidayJet and has operated solely under its own brand name since then. In summer 2016, Germania Flug operated scheduled flights around Europe, Turkey, Lebanon, and North Africa. In addition to this, it served Pristina and Skopje on behalf of virtual airline Air Prishtina.
Germania Flug was not affected by the bankruptcy of its then German shareholder Germania in February 2019, and continued its operations under this name. Short after, it has been announced that all shares formerly held by the German Germania branch have been sold to Albex Aviation, which also owns Air Prishtina. On 11 June 2019 the airline was rebranded to Chair Airlines.
As of June 2019, Chair Airlines operates flights to the following destinations under its own brand name:
|Beirut||Lebanon||Beirut-Rafic Hariri International Airport|
|Calvi||France||Calvi - Sainte-Catherine Airport||Seasonal|
|Gran Canaria||Spain||Gran Canaria Airport|
|Heraklion||Greece||Heraklion International Airport||Seasonal|
|Hurghada||Egypt||Hurghada International Airport|
|Kos||Greece||Kos International Airport||Seasonal|
|Larnaca||Cyprus||Larnaca International Airport||Seasonal|
|Marsa Alam||Egypt||Marsa Alam International Airport|
|Ohrid||North Macedonia||Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle Airport||Charter|
|Palma de Mallorca||Spain||Palma de Mallorca Airport||Seasonal|
|Pristina||Kosovo||Pristina International Airport||Charter|
|Rhodes||Greece||Rhodes International Airport||Seasonal|
|Sharm El Sheikh||Egypt||Sharm El Sheikh International Airport|
|Skopje||North Macedonia||Skopje International Airport||Charter|
The Chair Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of April 2019):
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- Germania Flug AG Homepage: Company | Germania Flug AG Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved 20 April 2015
- "List of AOC Holders with Complex Airplanes" (PDF). Federal Office of Civil Aviation. 28 March 2018. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- aerotelegraph.com - "New owner: Air Prishtina CEO behind Germania Flug buyout" (German) 23 February 2019
- "Imprint." Germania Flug. Retrieved on May 19, 2016. "Germania Flug AG Flughofstrasse 57 8152 Glattbrugg Switzerland "
- "Germania: German airline declarces insolvency and ceases flights" 5 Januar 2019
- www.20min.ch, www 20minuten ch, 20 Minuten, 20 Min. "Germania heisst jetzt Chair". 20 Minuten (in German). Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- chair.ch retrieved 13 June 2019
- flygermania.com/de-ch - Flotte und Technik retrieved 12 February 2019