Bibliography of Donald Trump
This bibliography of Donald Trump is a list of written and published works, by and about Donald Trump. Due to the sheer volume of books about Trump, the titles listed here are limited to non-fiction books about Trump or his presidency, published by notable authors and scholars. Tertiary sources (including textbooks and juvenile literature), satire, and self-published books are excluded.
Prior to his 2016 campaign, Trump was already the focus of many books describing his life as a businessman and politician. Biographer Michael D'Antonio observed in Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success (2015) that Trump "has been a topic of conversation in America for almost 40 years. No one in the world of business – not Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Warren Buffett – has been as famous as Trump for as long." Almost one year after his inauguration as president, The Guardian noted that more than 4,500 English-language books about Trump had been published since he took office, compared to just over 800 works about predecessor Barack Obama during his first year in office. This "Trump bump" for the U.S. publishing industry, as The New York Times put it, persisted throughout his time in office.
His first published book in 1987 was Trump: The Art of the Deal, written by ghostwriter Tony Schwartz. Trump made a practice of hiring ghostwriters and co-authors to write his books. In some cases the ghostwriters are credited on the cover, while in other instances, including Time to Get Tough (2011) and Crippled America (2015), Trump makes mention of the writer's contributions in the acknowledgements sections. Works written by Trump himself include self-help books, personal finance books, political policy treatises, and autobiographies. "...Schwartz has noted that, during the year and a half that they worked together on The Art of the Deal, he never saw a single book in Trump's office or apartment. Yet Trump has taken authorial credits on more than a dozen books to date, and, given that he’s a proven marketing master, it's inconceivable that he won’t try to sell more."
The Washington Post journalist Carlos Lozada observed that a continuous theme throughout Trump's written works is a focus on Trump himself, such as citing examples from his business in real estate investing and work on television. Parties and individuals discussed in books by Trump are reduced to a zero-sum game, according to Lozada: "Trump’s world is binary, divided into class acts and total losers." Trump often makes use of hyperbole to illustrate his points in his works. In other books, Trump repeats the same stories of what he views as key successes from his business career; for example, a tale about a 1980s business deal improving the Wollman Rink in Central Park, New York. Trump's published writings shifted post-2000, from generally memoirs about himself to books giving advice about finance.
Credited to TrumpEdit
|Title||Year||Publisher||ISBN / ASIN||Ghostwriter(s)||Notes|
|Trump: The Art of the Deal||1987||Random House||ISBN 978-0345479174||Tony Schwartz||It reached number 1 on The New York Times Best Seller list, stayed there for 13 weeks, and altogether held a position on the list for 48 weeks.|
|Trump: Surviving at the Top||1990||Random House||ISBN 978-0394575971||Charles Leerhsen||Subsequently, as:|
The Art of Survival (1991), ISBN 978-0446362092
|Trump: The Art of the Comeback||1997||Times Books||ISBN 978-0812929645||Kate Bohner|
|The America We Deserve||2000||Renaissance Books||ISBN 1580631312||Dave Shiflett||Published during decision-making process for the Donald Trump presidential campaign, 2000.|
|Trump: How to Get Rich||2004||Random House||ISBN 978-0345481030||Meredith McIver|
|The Way to the Top: The Best Business Advice I Ever Received||2004||Crown Business||ISBN 978-1400050161|
|Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life||2004||Random House||ISBN 978-0345481405||Meredith McIver|
|The Best Golf Advice I Ever Received||2005||Crown||ISBN 978-0307209993|
|Why We Want You to Be Rich||2006||Rich Press||ISBN 978-1933914022||Meredith McIver||Robert Kiyosaki as coauthor. Debuted at number one on The New York Times best seller list|
|How to Build a Fortune: Your Plan for Success From the World's Most Famous Businessman||2006||Trump University||ASIN B000JFQ2RQ||Audiobook|
|The Best Real Estate Advice I Ever Received: 100 Top Experts Share Their Strategies||2006||Thomas Nelson||ISBN 978-1401602550|
|Trump 101: The Way to Success||2006||Wiley||ISBN 978-0470047101||Meredith McIver||The Washington Post, Politico, and CNN called the work a "Trump University book".|
|Think Big and Kick Ass||2007||HarperCollins||ISBN 978-0061547836||Bill Zanker||Trump and Zanker had prior business dealings through Zanker's company The Learning Annex.|
|Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges into Success||2008||Wiley||ISBN 978-0470190845||Meredith McIver|
|Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and Life||2009||Vanguard Press||ISBN 978-0762438563||Meredith McIver|
|Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again||2011||Regnery||ISBN 978-1596987739||Wynton Hall
|On the Issues noted changes in political views compared with prior book The America We Deserve.|
|Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich – And Why Most Don't||2011||Plata Publishing||ISBN 978-1612680958||Second collaboration with co-author Robert Kiyosaki after Why We Want You to Be Rich|
|Trump Tower||2011||Vanguard Press||ISBN 978-1593156435||Jeffrey Robinson||The book was billed as Trump's "debut novel", and later released with Jeffrey Robinson credited as the sole author.|
|Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again||2015||Threshold Editions||ISBN 978-1501137969||David Fisher||Subsequently, as:|
Great Again: How to Fix Our Crippled America (2016)
|Bill O'Reilly||The United States of Trump; How the President Really Sees America||Henry Holt and Company||2019||ISBN 978-1250237224|
|Richard Ryan||The Last Presidential Election; How Donald Trump has Subverted our Institutions, Undermined our Constitution, and Threatened the future of our Democracy||Goldflex Pubs with Lulu||2020||ISBN 978-1-71683-121-8|
|Jim Acosta||The Enemy of the People; A Dangerous Time to Tell the Truth in America||Harper||2019||ISBN 978-0062916129|
|Scott Adams||Win Bigly||Portfolio||2017||ISBN 978-0735219717|
|Wayne Barrett||Trump; The Deals and the Downfall||HarperCollins||1992||ISBN 978-0060167042|
|Gwenda Blair||The Trumps; Three Generations That Built an Empire||Simon & Schuster||2000||ISBN 0684808498|||
|Gwenda Blair||Donald Trump; The Candidate||Simon & Schuster||2007||ISBN 978-1416546542|||
|John Bolton||The Room Where It Happened; A White House Memoir||Simon & Schuster||2020||ISBN 9781982148034||The Trump administration unsuccessfully sought to block release of the book; a US federal judge denied this request.|
|Dan Bongino ,D.C. McAllister, and Matt Palumbo||Spygate; The Attempted Sabotage of Donald J. Trump||Post Hill Press||2018||ISBN 978-1642930986|
|Hal Brands||American Grand Strategy in the Age of Trump||Brookings Institution||2018||ISBN 978-0815732785|
|David Brody||The Faith of Donald J. Trump||Broadside Books||2018||ISBN 978-0062749598|||
|Richard Bronson||The War at the Shore; Donald Trump, Steve Wynn, and the Epic Battle to Save Atlantic City||Overlook Press||2012||ISBN 978-1468300468|
|Anastasia Catris||Where's Trump?; Find Donald Trump in his race to the White House||Orion||2016||ISBN 978-1409167730|
|Michael Cohen||Disloyal, A Memoir; The True Story Of The Former Personal Attorney To President Donald J. Trump||Skyhorse||2020||ISBN 978-1510764699|
|Ann Coulter||In Trump We Trust; E Pluribus Awesome!||Sentinel||2016||ISBN 978-0735214460||The e-book was a New York Times bestseller in September 2016.|
|Michael D'Antonio||Never Enough; Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success||Thomas Dunne Books||2015||ISBN 978-1250042385||Subsequently, as:|
The Truth About Trump. St. Martin's Press, 2016. ISBN 978-1250105288.
|Alan Dershowitz||The Case Against Impeaching Trump||Hot Books||2018||ISBN 978-1510742284|
|Norman Eisen||A Case for the American People; The United States v. Donald J. Trump||Crown||2020||ISBN 978-0593238431|
|David Ewen||Chasing Paradise; Donald Trump and the Battle for the World's Greatest Golf Course||Black & White||2010||ISBN 978-1845023119|
|David Frum||Trumpocracy; The Corruption of the American Republic||Harper||2018||ISBN 978-0062796738|
|Newt Gingrich||Understanding Trump||Center Street||2017||ISBN 978-1478923084||The book topped The New York Times' Hardcover Non-Fiction Best Sellers list on July 2.|
|Newt Gingrich||Trump's America; The Truth about Our Nation's Great Comeback||Center Street||2018||ISBN 978-1-5460-7706-0|
|Joshua Green||Devil's Bargain||Penguin||2017||ISBN 978-0735225022|
|Victor Davis Hanson||The Case for Trump||Basic Books||2019||ISBN 978-1541673540|
|Luke Harding||Collusion; Secret Meetings, Dirty Money, and How Russia Helped Donald Trump Win||Vintage||2018||ISBN 978-0525562511|
|David Horowitz||Big Agenda; President Trump’s Plan to Save America||Humanix Books||2017||ISBN 978-1630060879|
|Harry Hurt III||Lost Tycoon; The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump||Norton||1993||ISBN 978-0393030297|
|David Cay Johnston||The Making of Donald Trump||Melville House||2016||ISBN 978-1612196329||The author researched Trump for 30 years prior to writing the biography.|
|David Cay Johnston||It's Even Worse Than You Think; What the Trump Administration Is Doing to America||Simon & Schuster||2018||ISBN 978-1501174162|
|Jonathan Karl||Front Row at the Trump Show||Dutton||2020||ISBN 978-1524745622|
|Neil Katyal and Sam Koppelman||Impeach; The Case Against Donald Trump||2019||ISBN 978-0358391173|
|Jackson Katz||Man Enough?; Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and the Politics of Presidential Masculinity||Interlink||2016||ISBN 978-1566560832|
|Sarah Kendzior||Hiding in Plain Sight: The Invention of Donald Trump and the Erosion of America||Flatiron Books||2020||ISBN 978-1250210715|
|Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher||Trump Revealed; An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money, and Power||Scribner||2016||ISBN 978-1501155772||Trump urged his Twitter followers not to buy the biography.|
|Howard Kurtz||Media Madness; Donald Trump, the Press, and the War Over the Truth||Regnery||2018||ISBN 978-1621577263|
|Bandy X. Lee||The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump||Thomas Dunne Books||2017||ISBN 978-1250179456|||
|Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie||Let Trump Be Trump; The Inside Story of His Rise to the Presidency||Center Street||2017||ISBN 978-1-5460-8330-6|
|Michael Lewis||The Fifth Risk; Undoing Democracy||W.W. Norton & Company||2018||ISBN 978-0393357455|
|Allan Lichtman||The Case for Impeachment||Dey Street Books||2017||ISBN 978-0062696823|
|Jeffrey Lord||What America Needs; The Case for Trump||Regnery||2016||ISBN 978-1621575238|
|Omarosa Manigault Newman||Unhinged||Gallery Publishing Group||2018||ISBN 978-1982109707||Trump reacted by referring to Manigault Newman as a "lowlife" and "that dog".|
|Stephen Mansfield||Choosing Donald Trump; God, Anger, Hope, and Why Christian Conservatives Supported Him||Baker Books||2017||ISBN 978-0801007330|
|Seth Milstein||The Little Book of Trumpisms||Portico||2016||ISBN 978-1911042389|
|Malcolm Nance||The Plot to Hack America: How Putin’s Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election||Skyhorse||2016||ISBN 978-1510723320||The Wall Street Journal Best Seller in nonfiction ebooks|
|Michael Nelson||Trump's First Year||University of Virginia Press||2018||ISBN 978-0813941448|
|Timothy L. O'Brien||TrumpNation; The Art of Being the Donald||Warner Books||2005||ISBN 978-0446578547||Trump sued the author for libel and the case was dismissed, Trump then appealed, and the dismissal was affirmed.|
|John O'Donnell and James Rutherford||Trumped!; The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump – His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall||Simon & Schuster||1991||ISBN 978-0671737351||Trump called the author O'Donnell "a fucking loser".|
|Keith Olbermann||Trump is F*cking Crazy (This is Not a Joke)||Blue Rider Press||2017||ISBN 978-0525533863|
|Caitríona Perry||In America; Tales from Trump Country||Gill||2017||ISBN 978-0717179534|
|James Poniewozik||Audience of One; Donald Trump, Television, and the Fracturing of America||Liveright||2019||ISBN 978-1631494420|||
|Ted Rall||Trump; A Graphic Biography||Seven Stories Press||2016||ISBN 978-1609807580|||
|Rick Reilly||Commander in Cheat; How Golf Explains Trump||Hachette Books||2019||ISBN 978-0316528085|||
|Nathan J. Robinson||Trump; Anatomy of a Monstrosity||Demilune Press||2017||ISBN 978-0997844771|
|George H. Ross||Trump-Style Negotiation; Powerful Strategies and Tactics for Mastering Every Deal||John Wiley & Sons||2008||ISBN 978-0470225295|
|Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig||A Very Stable Genius||Penguin (US); Bloomsbury (UK)||2020||ISBN 978-1984877499||Details the first three years of the Trump presidency.|
|Michael Savage||Trump's War; His Battle for America||Center Street||2017||ISBN 978-1478976677|
|Phyllis Schafly; posthumously, with Ed Martin and Brett M. Decker||The Conservative Case for Trump||Regnery||2016||ISBN 978-1621576280|
|Michael S. Schmidt||Donald Trump v. The United States||Penguin Random House||2020||ISBN 9781984854667||Sep. 2020 release|
|Andrew Shaffer||The Day of the Donald; Trump Trumps America!||Crooked Lane Books||2016||ISBN 978-1-68331-045-7|
|Hart Seely||Bard of the Deal; The Poetry of Donald Trump||HarperCollins||2015||ISBN 978-0062465160|
|Rob Sears||The Beautiful Poetry of Donald Trump||Canongate Books||2017||ISBN 978-1786892270|
|Marc Shapiro||Trump This!; The Life and Times of Donald Trump, An Unauthorized Biography||Riverdale Avenue Books||2016||ISBN 978-1626012646|
|Robert Slater||No Such Thing as Over-exposure; Inside the Life and Celebrity of Donald Trump||Prentice Hall||2005||ISBN 978-0131497344|
|Jon Sopel||If Only They Didn’t Speak English||BBC Books||2017||ISBN 978-1785942266|
|Roger Stone||The Making of the President 2016; How Donald Trump Orchestrated a Revolution||Skyhorse||2017||ISBN 978-1510726925|
|Peter Strzok||Compromised; Counterintelligence and the Threat of Donald J. Trump||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt||2020||ISBN 9780358237068||Excerpted on CBS News website|
|Matt Taibbi||Insane Clown President; Dispatches from the 2016 Circus||Spiegel & Grau||2017||ISBN 978-0399592461||Book was both on The New York Times Best Seller list and the Los Angeles Times Best Seller list|
|Time editors||Donald Trump; The Rise of a Rule Breaker||Time||2016||ISBN 978-1683304166|
|Jeffrey Toobin||True Crimes and Misdemeanors; The Investigation of Donald Trump||Doubleday||2020||ISBN 978-0385536738|
|Ivana Trump||Raising Trump||Gallery Books||2017||ISBN 978-1501177286|
|Mary L. Trump||Too Much and Never Enough; How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man||Simon & Schuster||2020||ISBN 978-1501177286|
|Jerome Tuccille||Trump; The Saga of America's Most Powerful Real Estate Baron||Penguin||1985||ISBN 978-1556110696|
|Katy Tur||Unbelievable; My Front-Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History||Dey Street Books||2017||ISBN 978-0062684929|
|Doug Wead||Inside Trump's White House; The Real Story Of His Presidency||Center Street||2019||ISBN 978-1546085850|
|Alan Whiticker||Trumped; The Wonderful World and Wisdom of Donald Trump||New Holland||2016||ISBN 978-1742578965|
|Kevin D. Williamson||The Case Against Trump||Encounter Books||2015||ISBN 978-1594038778|
|Michael Wolff||Fire and Fury; Inside the Trump White House||Henry Holt and Company||2018||ISBN 978-1250158062|
|Michael Wolff||Siege: Trump Under Fire||Henry Holt and Company||2019||ISBN 978-1250253828|
|Bob Woodward||Fear: Trump in the White House||Simon & Schuster||2018||ISBN 978-1-5011-7551-0|
|Bob Woodward||Rage||Simon & Schuster||2020||ISBN 978-1982131739||Sep. 15 hardcover release|
|Stephanie Winston Wolkoff||Melania and Me; The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady||Gallery Books||2020||ISBN 978-1982151249|
|Anonymous||A Warning||Twelve Books||2019||ISBN 978-1538718469||Written by the anonymous Trump White House official who wrote "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration" in September 2018.|
|Dan P McAdams||The Strange Case of Donald J. Trump; A Psychological Reckoning||Oxford University Press||2020||ISBN 9780197507476||McAdams is the Henry Wade Rogers Professor of Psychology, and Professor of Education and Social Policy at Northwestern University.|
|Jennifer Mercieca||Demagogue for President: The Rhetorical Genius of Donald Trump||Texas A&M University Press||2020||ISBN 9781623499068|||
|Anthony Scaramucci||Trump; The Blue-Collar President||Center Street, Hachette Book Group||2018||ISBN 9781546076407|||
|Wayne Barrett||Trump; The Greatest Show on Earth: The Deals, the Downfall, the Reinvention||Simon and Schuster||2016||ISBN 9781942872979|||
|Barbara Res||Tower of Lies; What My Eighteen Years of Working with Donald Trump Reveals about Him||Graymalkin Media||2020||ISBN 9781631683046|||
|Lawrence Douglas||Will He Go?: Trump and the Looming Election Meltdown in 2020||Twelve Books||2020||ISBN 9781538751886|||
|Daniel W Drezner||The Toddler in Chief; What Donald Trump Teaches Us About the Modern Presidency||University of Chicago Press||2020||ISBN 9780226714257|||
|Michael D'Antonio||High Crimes: The Corruption, Impunity, and Impeachment of Donald Trump||Thomas Dunne Books||2020||ISBN 9781250766670|||
|Craig Unger||House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia||Dutton||2018||ISBN 978-1-524-74350-5|||
|Seth Hettena||Trump/Russia; A Definitive History||Melville House||2018||ISBN 9781612197395|||
About the books about TrumpEdit
|Carlos Lozada||What Were We Thinking: A Brief Intellectual History of the Trump Era||Simon & Schuster||2020||ISBN 978-1982145620|||
- Stewart, James B. (September 10, 2015), "Sunday Book Review: 'Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success,' by Michael D'Antonio", The New York Times, retrieved June 18, 2017,
published sources, which are voluminous, considering that Trump’s every move has been chronicled by the media and that he’s already the subject of a substantial bibliography, not to mention his 10 autobiographical and self-help books
- Madigan, Andrew (17 January 2018). "After the Fire and Fury: what's next for books about Trump?". The Guardian.
- Alter, Alexandra (2020-12-24). "The 'Trump Bump' for Books Has Been Significant. Can It Continue?". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- Mayer, Jane (July 25, 2016), "Donald Trump's Ghostwriter Tells All", The New Yorker, retrieved June 19, 2017
- Drezner, Daniel W. (August 8, 2016), "Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have very different relationships with the truth", The Washington Post, retrieved June 19, 2017
- Kranish, Michael, "A fierce will to win pushed Donald Trump to the top", The Washington Post, retrieved June 19, 2017,
Trump’s speeches or read his books (which were typically written by ghostwriters or co-authors)
- Smith, Giles (March 11, 2017), "What do Trump's books tell us about his mind?", New Statesman,
Of course, questions remain about how many of these 17 books Trump has, in any literal sense, written. Each of them is ghosted, a collaborative relationship in which the exact division of labour remains mysterious.
- Berg, Rebecca (January 6, 2017), "Trump to Stress Unity in Inaugural Speech, Aide Says", RealClearPolitics, retrieved June 19, 2017,
Their commercial success notwithstanding, Trump’s books have often been products of ghostwriters or co-authors
- Lozada, Carlos (July 30, 2015), "I just binge-read eight books by Donald Trump. Here's what I learned", The Washington Post, retrieved June 18, 2017,
Trump’s world is binary, divided into class acts and total losers. He even details how physically unattractive he finds particular reporters, for no reason that I can fathom other than that it crossed his mind.
- Mayer, Jane (1 November 2020). "Why Trump Can't Afford to Lose". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2 November 2020.
- Mayer, Jane (July 25, 2016). "Donald Trump's Ghostwriter Tells All". The New Yorker. Retrieved July 18, 2016.
- Rothchild, John (September 2, 1990), "The Taj Mahal of Debt: Trump Surviving at the Top by Donald J. Trump with Charles Leerhsen", Los Angeles Times, retrieved June 19, 2017,
Compare the text of the new book to that of the old (there's a different ghostwriter this time) and you'll notice an obvious increase in the employment of flattering adjectives
- Bushnell, Candace (November 3, 1997), "A Leggy Stunner of Page Six Becomes Trump's Sexy Ghost", The New York Observer, retrieved June 19, 2017,
Kate got the job: ghostwriter for Donald Trump’s upcoming book
- Moore, Jack (January 1, 2016), "Donald Trump's Former Ghostwriter Won't Be Voting For Donald Trump", GQ, retrieved June 19, 2017,
In 2000, Donald Trump released a book called 'The America We Deserve.' Even though Trump's name was on the cover, like many politicians and famous people in general, Trump worked with a ghost writer. In this case a man named Dave Shiflett.
- Selby, Gardner (2016-04-12). "Donald Trump fully flip-flops, lately opposes ban on assault weapons". Politifact Texas. Politifact.
- Rudin, Dave (July 21, 2016), "The Meredith McIver mystery: Don't listen to the rumours, the Trump speechwriter is a real person", National Post, Montreal Gazette, retrieved June 19, 2017,
Meredith McIver, one of the assistants who doubles as his ghost writer
- Pallotta, Frank (July 20, 2016), "Meredith McIver, who took responsibility for plagiarized speech, is prolific Trump collaborator", CNN, retrieved June 19, 2017
- "Paperback Best Sellers: October 29, 2006", The New York Times, October 29, 2006, retrieved June 14, 2017
- OCLC 67616909
- Hohmann, James (October 21, 2016), "The Daily 202: Barack Obama is coming to a TV near you", The Washington Post, retrieved June 21, 2017
- Sherman, Jake; Palmer, Anna; Lippman, Daniel (October 21, 2016), "New Politico/MC Poll: Nearly 70 percent of voters think loser should accept results", Politico, retrieved June 21, 2017
- Kaczynski, Andrew (October 20, 2016), "Trump's advice in 2007 book: 'Accept blame' for 'painful defeats'", CNN, retrieved June 21, 2017,
a 2007 Trump University book, 'Trump 101: The Way to Success.'
- Almond, Steve (February 17, 2017), "American Agita: Resistance As Antidote To Donald Trump-Induced Anxiety", WBUR-FM, retrieved June 19, 2017,
Here’s how Trump (or, rather, his ghostwriter Bill Zanker) put it in his 2007 book 'Think Big'
- Kaczynski, Andrew; Massie, Christopher (August 11, 2016), "That Time Trump Said He Had World's Highest Speaking Fee And Everybody Went With It", BuzzFeed News, retrieved June 13, 2017
- Kaczynski, Andrew; Massie, Christopher; McDermott, Nathan (June 19, 2016), "Trump Promised Millions To Charity, But Gave Little To His Own Foundation", BuzzFeed News, retrieved June 13, 2017
- Gertz, Matt (April 24, 2017), "Breitbart is not independent: It's the communications arm of the Mercers' empire", Salon, retrieved June 17, 2017
- Green, Joshua (October 8, 2015). "This Man Is the Most Dangerous Political Operative in America". Bloomberg News.
- Arnott, David A. (September 22, 2015), "Donald Trump is both author and candidate with new book about a 'crippled America'", New York Business Journal, retrieved June 17, 2017
- Gordon, Jesse (May 20, 2016), "Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again, by Donald Trump", On the Issues, OnTheIssues.org, retrieved June 17, 2017
- Brennan, Trip (March 10, 2016), "Donald Trump's get-rich quick advice makes a mockery of his campaign rhetoric", The Intercept, retrieved June 13, 2017
- WorldCat (2017), "Trump Tower: A Novel, by Donald J. Trump, with Jeffrey Robinson", OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Incorporated, OCLC 693810756
- Hooton, Christopher (November 2, 2016), "Donald Trump authored a novel and naturally it's about non-consensual sex and workplace racism", The Independent, archived from the original on May 5, 2017, retrieved June 19, 2017
- Van Luling, Todd (October 31, 2016), "The Incredibly Sexist Book Once Billed As Trump's 'Debut Novel'", The Huffington Post, retrieved June 18, 2017
- Fontana, Kaitlin (October 31, 2016), "Donald Trump May Have 'Written' a Very, Very Sexist Novel", Vulture, New York Magazine, retrieved June 18, 2017
- "About David Fisher". Amazon.
In September, 2015, Fisher worked with then Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on his campaign book, Crippled America.
- Trump, Donald (November 2015). Crippled America. Threshold Editions. p. 171. ISBN 978-1501137969.
I would like to thank David Fisher ... [for] assistance throughout writing this book.
- Trump, Donald J. Great Again: How to Fix Our Crippled America (2016) ISBN 978-1501138003
- Blair, Gwenda (December 4, 2001) . The Trumps: Three Generations That Built an Empire (1 ed.). New York, New York: Simon & Schuster. pp. 592. ISBN 0684808498. OCLC 1031898715.
- Adapted and updated: from Blair, Gwenda. The Trumps; Three Generations of Builders and a Presidential Candidate. Simon & Schuster (2001). ISBN 978-0743210799.
- Spencer S. Hsu, U.S. judge declines to block release of book by former national security adviser John Bolton, Washington Post (June 20, 2020).
- Dale, Daniel (19 July 2017). "Author of upcoming 'spiritual biography' of Donald Trump says it 'will not be the world's shortest book'". The Toronto Star.
- "E-Book Nonfiction". The New York Times. Retrieved March 1, 2017.
- Schaub, Michael (August 15, 2016), "11 new Trump books for fans and critics of The Donald", Los Angeles Times, retrieved June 18, 2017
- "Combined Print & E-Book Nonfiction". The New York Times. July 2, 2017. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- Jennifer Szalai (12 August 2016). "Inside the List". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Yilek, Caitlin (January 2, 2017), "Trump complains about his photo on CNN book", The Washington Examiner, retrieved June 23, 2017,
Trump in August lashed out at the Washington Post, telling his Twitter followers not to buy the publication's book about him. 'The @WashingtonPost quickly put together a hit job book on me – comprised of copies of some of their inaccurate stories. Don't buy, boring!' Trump wrote about Trump Revealed: An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money and Power.
- Gillette, Sam (August 24, 2016), "Books: 5 Things to Know About the New Donald Trump Biography He Warned Supporters Not to Buy", People, retrieved June 23, 2017,
In a tweet on Monday night, GOP nominee Donald Trump told supporters not to buy a 'boring' new biography about him, Trump Revealed: An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money, and Power, which went on sale Tuesday. 'The @WashingtonPost quickly put together a hit job book on me- comprised of copies of some of their inaccurate stories. Don’t buy, boring!' he wrote.
- Byrnes, Jesse (August 23, 2016), "Trump: 'Don't buy' Washington Post book about me", The Hill, retrieved June 23, 2017,
Donald Trump on Monday slammed The Washington Post reporters and researchers behind a new book about him, calling it a 'hit job' made up of 'inaccurate' stories. Trump urged people not to buy the book one day before its release, tweeting: 'Don't buy, boring!'
- Lee, Bandy X. "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump; 37 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President". Macmillan Publishers. Thomas Dunne Books. Retrieved 14 November 2020.
- Stracqualursi, Veronica (August 14, 2018). "Trump calls Omarosa a 'dog' in latest attack on ex-aide - CNNPolitics". Cnn.com. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- "Wall Street Journals Best-Selling Books Week Ended February 19th", Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, February 24, 2017, retrieved June 8, 2017
- Gardner, Eriq (September 8, 2011). "Donald Trump Loses Libel Suit Over Being Called A 'Millionaire'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "The Lawsuits of Donald Trump". The Atlantic. March 20, 2013. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Farhi, Paul (March 8, 2016). "What really gets under Trump's skin? A reporter questioning his net worth". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Baram, Marcus (29 April 2011). "Donald Trump Was Once Sued By Justice Department For Not Renting To Blacks". Huffington Post. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Poniewozik, James (September 10, 2019). "Audience of One; Donald Trump and the Fracturing of America". KIRKUS REVIEW. Retrieved February 25, 2020.
- Reilly, Rick (April 7, 2019). "Whatever Trump Is Playing, It Isn't Golf". The Atlantic. Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- "Book excerpt: "Compromised" by Peter Strzok". www.cbsnews.com. 2020-09-04. Retrieved 2020-09-11.
- Cowles, Gregory (February 3, 2017), "Book Review: Behind the Best Sellers: 'Girl Before' Author JP Delaney on Pseudonyms and the Limits of Marie Kondo", The New York Times, retrieved June 16, 2017,
Circus Maximus ... 'Insane Clown President,' which enters the hardcover nonfiction list at No. 15.
- Kellogg, Carolyn (February 3, 2017), "Books: A powerful novel from Joyce Carol Oates; less so from Paul Auster; an Iranian poet and more in books", Los Angeles Times, retrieved June 16, 2017,
Debuting at No. 6 in nonfiction on our bestseller list this week is Rolling Stone writer Matt Taibbi’s book of essays about the 2016 presidential campaign, 'Insane Clown President.'
- Mercieca, Jennifer R (2020). Demagogue for President; The Rhetorical Genius of Donald Trump. Texas A&M University Press. ISBN 9781623499068. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
- Scaramucci, Anthony (2018). Trump; The Blue-Collar President. Center Street, Hachette Book Group. ISBN 9781546076407. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- Barrett, Wayne (2016). Trump; The Greatest Show on Earth: The Deals, the Downfall, the Reinventio. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9781942872979. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "New book by ex Trump aide alleges anti-Semitic, racist remarks". The Times of Israel. 17 October 2020. Retrieved 2 November 2020.
- Tower of Lies: What My Eighteen Years of Working with Donald Trump Reveals about Him. ASIN 1631683047.
- "Will He Go?: Trump and the Looming Election Meltdown in 2020". Salon. 19 May 2020. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- Drezner, Daniel W (2020). The Toddler in Chief; What Donald Trump Teaches Us About the Modern Presidency. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 9780226714257. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- D'Antonio, Michael; Eisner, Peter (20 October 2020). High Crimes: The Corruption, Impunity, and Impeachment of Donald Trump. Thomas Dunne Books. ISBN 9781250766670. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
- Unger, Craig (2018). House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia. Dutton. ISBN 978-1-524-74350-5. Retrieved 4 January 2021.
- "Trump / Russia; A Definitive History". Penguin Random House. Retrieved 4 January 2021.
- Lozada, Carlos (2020). What were we thinking: a brief intellectual history of the Trump era. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-1-9821-4562-0. OCLC 1197751331.
- Harris, Elizabeth A.; Alter, Alexandra (August 31, 2020). "Trump Books Keep Coming, and Readers Can't Stop Buying". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331.