Baker Publishing Group
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Ada, Michigan|
Parasource Marketing & Distribution (Canada)
CUM Books (South Africa)
Lion Hudson (UK)
SPCK (Baker Academic and Brazos, UK)
|Imprints||Bethany House, Revell, Baker Books, Baker Academic, Chosen, and Brazos Press|
The company was founded in 1939 by Herman Baker in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The company has published Christian books that discuss many issues ranging from family life to theology within a broad evangelical framework.
Baker publishes books and ministry resources for pastors and church leaders, concentrating on topics such as preaching, worship, pastoral ministries, counseling and leadership. Baker also publishes for lay Christians on topics such as discipleship, spirituality, encouragement, relationships, marriage, parenting and the intersection of Christianity and culture.
In June 2014 Baker announced that it had acquired Regal Books from Gospel Light.
Baker is regarded as a "pioneer" in publishing Christian fiction.
The Fleming H. Revell Company was established in 1870 by Christian Evangelist D.L. Moody and his brother-in-law, Fleming H. Revell. The two men identified a market for practical books that would help bring the Christian faith to everyday life. In 1992, Revell was absorbed by Baker.
The Chosen publishing enterprise began in 1971. In 1985, the company was absorbed into the Revell publishing Group. When Revell was bought by Baker, the Chosen imprint remained as a distinct unit within the newly expanded company.
- "International Booksellers | Baker Publishing Group". Retrieved 2017-12-05.
- "Baker company history, Baker Book House web". Retrieved May 25, 2020.
- "Baker mission, Baker Book House web". Archived from the original on 2008-02-17. Retrieved 2008-02-15.
- "Baker Publishing Group Acquires Regal Books from Gospel Light". Baker Publishing Group. Christian Retailing. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- Tomlin, Jimy (2 August 2007). "Write". McClatchy - Tribune Business News. ProQuest 459211456.
- "Revell company history, Baker Book House web". Retrieved May 25, 2020.
- "Chosen company history, Baker Book House web". Retrieved May 25, 2020.
- "Brazos mission, Baker Book House web". Retrieved May 25, 2020.