AXS TV (pronounced "access") is an American cable and satellite television network. It is managed by the film company 2929 Entertainment (through AXS TV, LLC)—which they founded as HDNet (through HDNet, LLC) in 2001 before it was rebranded as AXS TV in 2012—with a consortium of partners consisting of Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), Ryan Seacrest (through Ryan Seacrest Media), Creative Artists Agency, and CBS Corporation. The network's programming specializes in live music events, as well as comedy, movies, and mixed martial arts, among others. The AXS TV company includes the channel HDNet Movies.
|Launched||September 6, 2001|
2929 Entertainment |
(through AXS TV, LLC)
Anschutz Entertainment Group
Creative Artists Agency (20%)
Ryan Seacrest Media
(with offices in Dallas, Texas and Los Angeles, California)
|Formerly called||HDNet (2001–2012)|
|Sister channel(s)||HDNet Movies|
|Available on most other U.S. cable systems||Consult your local cable provider for channel availability|
|AT&T U-verse||1106 (HD)|
|Sling TV||Internet Protocol television|
|DirecTV Now||Internet Protocol television|
|Philo||Internet Protocol television|
|Founded||September 6, 2001|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Products||Pay television, television production|
The network originally launched as HDNet on September 6, 2001, designed as a high definition-exclusive service under the ownership of HDNet, LLC, which then was co-owned by Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, and Philip Garvin, owner of Colorado Studios and Mobile TV Group. Originally, the network aired a variety of programming, much of it male-oriented, prominently featuring series, sports events, and concert performances. In December 2001 and January 2002, HDNet aired exclusive HD coverage of the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan with former CNN correspondent Peter Arnett. In February 2002, the network originated eight daily hours of high definition content from the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City; this feed was picked up by NBC and aired in 24-hour rotation on the digital signals of NBC's stations.
The channel gradually expanded its carriage to the satellite providers DirecTV and Dish Network, as well as the cable providers Charter Communications, Insight Communications, Mediacom, Suddenlink Communications, Verizon FiOS, and AT&T U-verse. On September 4, 2008, Cuban announced that the network had reached an agreement with Comcast to carry both HDNet and HDNet Movies in various markets. The provider began to carry HDNet in many major markets on September 30, 2010. In November 2009, DirecTV became the first provider to offer video-on-demand services of HDNet and HDNet Movies.
On January 18, 2012, HDNet, LLC entered into a joint venture with entertainment company/promoter Anschutz Entertainment Group, TV/radio personality/producer Ryan Seacrest, and talent agency Creative Artists Agency, in which AEG, CAA, and Ryan Seacrest Media would each purchase a share of the network, with Cuban retaining primary ownership. The network rebranded on July 2, 2012 as AXS TV, a name taken from AEG's ticket sales website AXS. With the purchase and rebranding, the channel gradually shifted focus to include a mix of entertainment news, lifestyle, pop culture and in-concert performance events.
Alongside the rebranding, Dish Network announced that it would expand the channel's distribution to customers who do not subscribe to an HD tier through a downconverted standard definition feed. The provider moved the network to channel 131 in the spring of 2012, increasing its carriage to at least 14 million Dish Network subscribers upon its relaunch as AXS TV. Through its relationship with AEG, AXS TV also plans to offer special promotions on concerts to Dish Network users who have subscribed to the channel. On February 14, 2013, CBS Corporation acquired partial ownership in the network, when it traded programming and marketing for a minority stake in AXS TV.
In addition to carriage on cable, satellite and telco providers, AXS TV has been added to streaming media providers including Sling TV in October 2016, DirecTV Now when it debuted in November 2016, and Philo when it was launched in November 2017.
Original programming on HDNet included news programs such as the HDNet World Report and Dan Rather Reports, a weekly newsmagazine hosted by former CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather; coverage of Space Shuttle launches; and male-oriented series such as Ultimate Trailer Show. HDNet also featured uncensored and unrated shows during late-night hours, such as Art Mann Presents, Bikini Destinations and Girls Gone Wild Presents: Search for the Hottest Girl in America. In October 2011, HDNet picked up Goodnight Burbank, the network's first scripted half-hour comedy. Originally created for the web, the show starred Hayden Black, Laura Silverman and Dominic Monaghan. HDNet's programming also included off-network reruns of series such as Smallville, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, JAG, Star Trek: Enterprise and Arrested Development.
HDNet also aired sporting events, including coverage of the National Hockey League from 2001 to 2008 and Major League Soccer; select motor sports events, including Champ Car live broadcasts in 2004, highlights from the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and races from regional circuits; mixed martial arts, through Cuban's HDNet Fights promotion; the weekly series Inside MMA, which featured highlights and coverage from various MMA promotions; and Indiana University's Little 500 Bicycle Race. From 2009 to 2010, HDNet also aired weekly programming from professional wrestling promotion Ring of Honor, and served as a television partner of the United Football League, primarily airing the league's Saturday night games. The network dropped UFL coverage prior to the 2011 season.
As AXS TVEdit
Following its July 2012 re-launch, AXS TV continued to air several programs carried over from HDNet, including Dan Rather Reports, MMA events (now under the AXS TV Fights banner), movies, and off-network series. However, the channel began to gradually shift its focus towards "music, pop culture and lifestyle-oriented" programming, such as concerts, and general entertainment. The network's flagship show, AXS Live—a daily entertainment show that broadcast from the L.A. Live concert venue and aired weekly, Monday through Thursday—premiered on July 14, 2012, covering news stories in entertainment, fashion, sports, music and celebrity. AXS Live featured a revolving panel of hosts, until comedian Ryan Stout stepped in on August 12, 2013; he continued to serve as host until the final episode on October 30, 2013.
Concerts and music festivalsEdit
- AXS TV concerts
As part of its music programming lineup, AXS TV broadcasts a wide variety of concert events from across the country and around-the-world. This includes a Sunday night concert series featuring performances from artists such as Carrie Underwood, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young and Elton John; themed artists takeovers, highlighting a variety of bands in day-long blocks that feature music videos, concert performances, interviews and more, with notable takeovers from Slash and Matchbox Twenty; as well as other live and taped music events such as the Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards tribute to Gregg Allman and The Doors, hosted by Sammy Hagar and the live broadcast of the 2014 Farm Aid music festival that featured performances by Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, and Dave Matthews.
In 2014, AXS TV broadcast the inaugural Alternative Press Music Awards, hosted by Mark Hoppus. The award show returned to AXS TV on July 22, 2015 hosted by Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat of All Time Low and featuring performances from Weezer, Panic! at the Disco, and Simple Plan among others.
AXS TV celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love with a month-long event in August 2017 with concerts honoring the music of The Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia and documentaries profiling artists of the time period such as Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and The Doors. The network also premiered a new documentary about the social phenomenon, eponymously titled Summer of Love, on August 12, 2017.
Concert specials premiered in 2018 include: Sammy Hagar, Poison, Santana, Farm Aid, Charlie Daniels, Trace Adkins' Guitar Legends for Heroes, The 2018 BRIT Awards and more.
- Music festivals
In 2014, AXS TV presented the television debut of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, in addition to broadcasting the 2014 Stagecoach Country Music Festival and the 2014 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, for the second consecutive year.
The network's 2015 festival slate included the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (April 17-April 19) for the second consecutive year; the Stagecoach Country Music Festival (April 24-April 26); and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (May 1-May 3) for the third consecutive year. Additionally, the network announced that it will broadcast footage from the 2015 Rock on the Range (May 15-May 17) and the 2015 Firefly Music Festival (June 19-June 21), for the first time ever.
AXS TV's 2016 festival tour included Zac Brown Band's Southern Ground Music & Food Festival (April 16–17), both weekends of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (April 23–24, April 29-May 1), Monster Energy Carolina Rebellion (May 6–8) and Hangout Festival May 20–22.
Music inspired & entertainment programmingEdit
- The Big Interview with Dan Rather
Since 2013, Dan Rather has hosted the hour-long original series titled The Big Interview featuring in-depth interviews with a variety of celebrity guests as they join Rather for candid discussions about their lives and careers. Notable guests include Gene Simmons, Weird Al Yankovic, Don Rickles, Wynona Judd, Jack White, Carlos Santana, Carol Burnett, Alan Alda, and Geddy Lee among others. The Big Interview's sixth season premiered on March 13, 2018 with guest Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin. Other interviewees for the 20-episode season include Robby Krieger and John Densmore of the Doors, Shania Twain, Eddie Money, Styx, John Mellencamp, The Oak Ridge Boys and Billy Ray Cyrus.
- The X Factor UK
Since 2014, AXS TV has broadcast The X Factor UK, with the episodes airing 24 hours after their respective UK broadcasts. The series premiered on Sunday, August 31, 2014, marking the first time that the British series had aired in the U.S. The 11th season notably featured the return of Simon Cowell and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini to the judging panel, joining music manager Louis Walsh and pop singer Mel B, making her debut as a full-time judge. Ben Haenow was the winner of this season.
The series has continued to air annually on AXS TV, most recently with its third season on the network, the show's 13th season overall, which premiered on August 28, 2016 with Cowell and Walsh, along with the return of judges Sharon Osbourne and Nicole Sherzinger, and presenter Dermot O'Leary, to X Factor UK. The X Factor UK returned for its fourth season on AXS TV, and 14th season overall, on September 3 and 4, 2017 with all four judges from the previous year returning.
AXS TV announced The X Factor UK will return for its fifth season on the network (15th overall) in fall 2018 with returning judges Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne (live shows only), joined by new judges One Direction's Louis Tomlinson, singer-songwriter Robbie Williams and his wife actress and TV presenter Ayda Williams.
- Rock & Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar
Rock & Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar Presented by Mercury Insurance is an original series featuring Sammy Hagar as he drives across the country to interview and jam with influential artists including Tommy Lee, Bob Weir, Alice Cooper, and Nancy Wilson. The series also presents Hagar’s personal experiences and rules of the road, as he tours with his group The Circle. The six-episode first season premiered on AXS TV on January 24, 2016. The series returned for the first half of its 12-episode second season on March 5, 2017 with guests including John Mayer, Melissa Etheridge, Toby Keith, John Mellencamp and Mick Fleetwood. The rest of season two premiered on July 9, 2017 with guests including Don Felder, STYX, Vince Neil, Chad Smith, Shep Gordon, Darryl McDaniels and Adam Levine. AXS TV announced that Rock & Roll Road Trip was renewed for a third season in 2017 and is set to premiere April 8, 2018 with guests including Dave Grohl, Roger Daltrey, Sarah McLachlan, Bob Weir, Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo.
- Real Money with Eddie Money
AXS TV announced in September 2017 it had greenlit to a 10-episode reality series chronicling the daily lives of Eddie Money, his wife Laurie and their five kids. Production for Real Money began in fall 2017 and the series premiered Sunday, April 8, 2018. In June 2018, the series was greenlit for an expanded 12-episode second season with production set to begin in summer 2018 and a premiere in early 2019.
- The Ronnie Wood Show
AXS TV premiered the U.S. debut of Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood's U.K. interview series The Ronnie Wood Show on July 11, 2018 with Wood's sit-down interview with Paul McCartney. The network is airing the 11-episode first season with two episodes back-to-back, featuring guests Alice Cooper, Ian McLagan, Slash, Kelly Jones, Mark Ronson, Bobby Gillespie, Mick Hucknall, Steve Cropper, Pattie Boyd and Toots Hibbert.
- The Top Ten Revealed
The Top Ten Revealed spotlights best-of lists on a variety of rock-related themes, covering topics such as best guitar intros, Vietnam anthems and '80s rock ballads. The series debuted on February 11, 2018, with host and executive producer Katie Daryl joined by a rotating panel of experts including Lita Ford, Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler and former Pantera percussionist Vinnie Paul, among others. The series returned for a summer cycle on July 1, 2018.
- TrunkFest with Eddie Trunk
In October 2017, AXS TV greenlit a new series starring music historian and TV and Radio host Eddie Trunk called TrunkFest with Eddie Trunk premiering in 2018. The program gives viewers a front row seat to some of the nation's biggest music festivals as Trunk travels across the country interviewing bands, visiting booths, sampling festival cuisine, and mingling with the attendees. Trunk previously hosted the documentary series Reel to Real on the network in 2016. TrunkFest with Eddie Trunk premiered on July 1, 2018 with a trip to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
AXS TV announced it acquired the off-network cable rights to air the first three seasons of the country music drama Nashville in June, 2015. In anticipation of the series premiere in September 2015, the network announced Dan Rather sat down with stars Connie Britton and Charles Esten for a special episode of The Big Interview. The network also acquired the fourth season of Nashville, which premiered in October 2016.
- AXS TV Fights
AXS TV Fights is the brand name of AXS TV's live mixed martial arts (MMA) broadcasts on Friday nights. The network currently broadcasts events from promotions including CES MMA and Legacy Fighting Alliance (LFA). It was formerly known as HDNet Fights.
- New Japan Pro Wrestling
Since 2015, the network has aired the weekly professional wrestling series New Japan Pro Wrestling with commentators Jim Ross and Josh Barnett on Friday nights. The series has been twice named the "Best Weekly TV Show" by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards in 2016 and 2017. AXS TV announced on May 18, 2017 that it would be the exclusive live broadcaster for New Japan's first-ever U.S. event, G1 Special in USA. The network has subsequently live broadcast each of NJPW's following live events including Strong Style Evolved on March 25, 2018 and the G1 Special in San Francisco on July 7, 2018.
- Dan Rather Presents
AXS TV announced a new documentary series, to be hosted by Dan Rather, on April 16, 2014. Dan Rather Presents, an in-depth investigative journalism program focusing on challenging issues, premiered on May 6, 2014. The debut episode, One Way Ticket to Nowhere: America's Mental Health Crisis, detailed the country's medical treatment for and handling of the mentally ill. That same year, on December 5, Rather hosted a special two-hour documentary, Unwanted in America: The Shameful Side of International Adoption, examining multiple cases of failed international adoption throughout the United States, and what happens to those children who get caught in the middle.
- Breaking Band
As a part of its Winter 2016 lineup, AXS TV premiered the original music series Breaking Band which paired well-known artists with emerging musicians to mentor, then perform together. Hosted by Donovan Leitch, the first season premiered on January 24, 2016 and included episodes featuring Dave Navarro, Mark McGrath, Sebastian Bach, Robin Zander, Belinda Carlisle, and Moby.
- Discovering Lucy Angel
On September 10, 2014, AXS TV announced production of an original country music-themed reality docu-series titled Discovering Lucy Angel. The 13-episode series was directed and executive produced by Jonathan "J.T." Taylor, who is known for creating the Emmy Award-winning series The Osbournes. Discovering Lucy Angel followed mother-daughter trio Lucy Angel and their family, The Andertons, as they worked together to launch their music career in Nashville. The series premiered Tuesday, January 13, 2015.
- Elvis Lives!
AXS TV partnered with Sharknado creator The Asylum to produce the network's first ever made-for-TV movie, conspiracy thriller Elvis Lives! which premiered on August 16, 2017. The film purports to take the legend of rock'n' roll icon Elvis Presley to the next level, wondering, "That if Elvis never really left the building?" Plagued by drug addiction and a failing voice, the King is desperate to make things right with himself, his deceased brother and God. His attempts to get back on track are thwarted, however, after he helps the cops bring down a powerful crime syndicate — putting his family in danger and sending him on a journey that will change his life forever.
- Hoff the Record
In December, 2015, AXS TV announced it has acquired the first season of David Hasselhoff's U.K. scripted comedy series Hoff the Record. The first season, which premiered March 31, 2016, followed Hasselhoff, playing a fictionalized version of himself, who moves to the U.K. to get his career back on track while navigating through increasingly surreal and hilarious circumstances.
In promotion of the series debut, Hasselhoff hosted a "Hoff-A-Thon" on March 26, 2016 featuring a 30-minute special titled "Hoff on Hoff" and an hour-long, sit down interview with Dan Rather as a special episode of his AXS TV series, "The Big Interview." He also hosted the season six premiere of Gotham Comedy Live.
- Gotham Comedy Live
Thursday nights comedians take the stage at the Gotham Comedy Club in New York to perform live on the weekly stand-up comedy series. Each broadcast features a well-known star as host who performs a live set before introducing a line-up of up-and-coming comedians. Notable hosts include Jim Breuer, Lewis Black, Lisa Lampanelli, Gilbert Gottfried, D.L. Hughley, Bobby Lee, Bill Engvall and Tim Meadows. The series, which has aired since 2012, kicked off its seventh season with hosts Cheech & Chong on January 19, 2017. The season also included hosts William Shatner, Cedric the Entertainer and Pete Davidson, among others.
- Tom Green Live
AXS TV launched Tom Green Live on October 3, 2013. Hosted by comedian Tom Green, the talk show featured interviews with celebrity guests, as well as an interactive format where viewers were invited to call in live using video chat. Comedian and Law & Order: SVU star Richard Belzer was Green's inaugural guest. Tom Green Live finished its third season—which had appearances from Steve Carell, Weird Al Yankovic, Dana Carvey, Adam Carolla and Buzz Aldrin, among others—on November 13, 2014.
- Inside MMA
Inside MMA was a weekly talk show. It was the longest running and only independent MMA news series on television. Hosted by combat sports personality Mauro Ranallo and UFC Hall of Famer Bas Rutten, the weekly series provided an in-depth look at the world of MMA, with live breakdowns, talk, highlights, and analysis from major MMA organizations such as the UFC, Bellator, and the World Series of Fighting. Inside MMA aired its final episode on September 30, 2016, ending a 9-year, 10-season, 433-episode run.
- Battle 4 Atlantis
Since the tournament was founded in 2011 to 2016, AXS TV annually broadcast half of the games from the Battle 4 Atlantis Men's Division I College Basketball tournament from Paradise Island, in Nassau in the Bahamas, over Thanksgiving week.
- Exploring Kaman
In August 2015, AXS TV premiered the reality adventure web series Exploring Kaman starring NBA All-Star Chris Kaman. The six-part series chronicles Kaman and his eccentric entourage as they head out on an epic fishing trip to capture the elusive blue marlin.
List of AXS TV programsEdit
- AXS TV Concerts
- Music festivals
- Carolina Rebellion (2016)
- Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (2014, 2015)
- Firefly Music Festival (2015)
- Hangout Music Festival (2016)
- New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Rock on the Range (2015)
- Stagecoach Festival (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Zac Brown Band's Southern Ground Music & Food Festival (2013, 2014, 2016)
- Music-inspired programming
- The Big Interview with Dan Rather
- Real Money with Eddie Money
- Rock & Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar
- The Ronnie Wood Show
- Trunkfest with Eddie Trunk
- The Top Ten Revealed
- The X Factor (UK)
- Gene Simmons Family Jewels
- Guitar Center Sessions
- Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy
Sunday Night ConcertsEdit
- June 1, 2014
- June 8, 2014
- June 15, 2014
- June 22, 2014
- June 29, 2014
- July 6, 2014
- July 13, 2014
- July 20, 2014
- July 27, 2014
- August 3, 2014
- August 10, 2014
- August 17, 2014
- August 24, 2014
- August 31, 2014
- September 7, 2014
- September 14, 2014
HDNet Movies was launched in January 2003 as a spin-off of HDNet (now AXS TV). The network features theatrically released films and documentaries, which are presented in high definition and without commercial interruption or editing for content. Programming showcases a wide variety of films including Academy Award winners, action films, scifi films, and westerns. It regularly features special, hosted movie events such as And The Oscar Goes To... Presented by Richard Roeper, Totally 80s Month with Judge Reinhold and Rob Zombie's 13 Nights of Halloween.
HDNet Movies is available nationally on DISH, DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-verse; regionally on cable providers such as Charter Spectrum, Service Electric, Suddenlink Communications, Time Warner Spectrum, and SureWest; and on the streaming service Sling TV.
- "Ryan Seacrest Joins AEG, CAA to Relaunch Mark Cuban's HDNet". TheWrap. January 18, 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Hdnet-relaunches-Monday-as-AXS-TV -promises-continued-mma-programming". July 2, 2012.
- "Firefly, AXS TV Ink National TV Deal". Delaware Online. November 28, 2014. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Mark Cuban's HDNet To Rebrand As AXS TV". Variety. January 18, 2012. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "'Fired Up' Cuban Launches HDNet". Multichannel. 2001-09-09. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "HDNet Broadcasts First HDTV From Afghanistan". TV Technology. 2002-01-22. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "NBC, HDNet To Team For HDTV Broadcast of Winter Olympics". Twice. 2001-12-17. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "HDNet To Expand Network Offering In Five Comcast Markets Across The Country". Sherdog. 2010-05-12. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "HDNet Announces Agreement with Comcast". Sherdog. 2008-09-04. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- Dickson, Glen (2009-11-06). "DirecTV Adds HDNet On-Demand". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Ryan Seacrest, AEG & CAA Partner with Mark Cuban to Rebrand HDNet as Pop Culture Cable Network". Deadline. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "Concerts to Be Focus in Shift From HDNet to AXS TV". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- Bond, Paul (2013-02-14). "CBS Takes Stake in AXS TV". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Mark Cuban's HD Net to become AXS, but big changes will wait". Los Angeles Times. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Mark Cuban and the Future of the MMA on AXS TV". USA Today. 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "DISH to Replace AMC with Commercial-Free HD Movies". Yahoo! Finance. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "DISH to Replace AMC with Mark Cuban's HDNet Movies". Gigaom. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "CBS and AXS TV Partner to Enhance Leading Live Events Network Dedicated to Live Music and Pop Culture". CBS Corporation. 2013-02-14. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "Sling Launches GSN, AXS TV, HDNet Movies | Multichannel". www.multichannel.com. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- Spangler, Todd (2016-11-30). "DirecTV Now Debuts, Reveals Full Channel Lineups". Variety. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- Perez, Sarah. "Philo ditches sports to introduce a $16 per month live TV service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "Inside Mark Cuban's Gilded Cage". Mother Jones. 2011-02-07. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "Shuttle Launches to be Televised in HDTV". Collect Space. 2006-04-27. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "July 21: Swanni's 10 Hottest TV Shows in HDTV". TV Predictions. 2010-07-21. Retrieved 2015-02-07.
- "HDNet Acquires Acclaimed Web Series 'Goodnight Burbank'". The Hollywood Reporter. 2011-08-31. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "HDNet Gains First-Run Cable HD Rights to the WB's "Smallville"; HDNet Will Be the First and Only Place Off-Network to See All First-Season Episodes in HD". BusinessWire. 2004-06-21. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "First High Definition Ratings Put HDNet Out in Front of the Competition". BusinessWire. 2007-07-10. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "HDNet Boards Star Trek: Enterprise". MultiChannel. 2006-09-14. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Emmy Award-Winning FOX Comedy 'Arrested Development' Finds Post-Broadcast Home Online, on Hi-Def TV and on Basic Cable". BusinessWire. 2006-07-26. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "HDNet Ready For NHL Coverage". MultiChannel. 2006-09-08. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "HDNet to Air Major League Soccer Games". Biz Journals. 2003-04-03. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "CHAMPCAR/CART: Road America Champ Car to be Broadcast in HDNet". Motorsport. 2003-07-03. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "22nd NASCAR Camping World Series East Season Opens April 19". Speedway Line Report. 2008-04-16. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "HDNet Announces Second Season of Live High Definition Television Coverage of the NASCAR Grand National Division; HDNet to Telecast 20 Races in 2005". Business Wire. 2005-04-05. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "HDNet Fights Will Broadcast Last Week's Superior Challenge 7 - Rise of Champions Tonight". Bloody Elbow. 2011-05-06. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Mark Cuban Says HDNet Name and Format Changes Will Mean More MMA". MMA Fighting. 2012-01-19. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Little 500 to be Nationally Televised in HDTV by HDNet". Indiana University. 2003-04-15. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "ROH - HDNet Fights & Ring of Honor Sign Deal". Angry Marks. 2009-01-26. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "UFL Signs Deal with HDNet". Las Vegas Sun. 2009-08-04. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "A Struggling Football League Skips a Beat and Crowns a Champion". NY Times. 2011-10-22. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "With HDNet Rebranding, What Happens to 'Dan Rather Reports'?". TV Newser. 2012-01-19. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Mark Cuban and the Future of MMA on AXS TV". USA Today. 2013-03-19. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Ryan Seacrest Launching TV Network with Mark Cuban, AEG, CAA". The Hollywood Reporter. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "El Paso Native, Comedian Ryan Stout Hosting TV's 'AXS Live'". El Paso Times. 2013-08-15. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Carrie Underwood Blows Fans Away in Special AXS TV Concert". AT40. 2013-03-04. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Led Zeppelin's 'Celebration Day' to Make Its U.S. Television Debut on AXS TV". Blabbermouth. 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "AXS TV Announces 2014 Summer Programming Schedule". zap2it. 2013-03-27. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "AXS TV Announces its 2014 Summer Music-Driven Programming Schedule". Vents Magazine. 2013-05-27. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Slash's New York City Gig to Stream Live + Documentary Short to Premiere on TV". Loudwire. 2014-09-15. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "Matchbox Twenty "Takeover" AXS TV on February 15". All Access. 2015-01-22. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "Gregg Allman, The Doors Honored at Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards". Variety. 2014-11-05. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "AXS TV Special Focusing on 2014 "Classic Rock" Roll of Honour Premieres Sunday Night". ABC News Radio. 2014-11-05. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "AXS TV to Broadcast FarmAid 2014". Jam Bands. 2014-09-09. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "Alternative Press Announces Inaugural AP Music Awards, Nominees". Billboard. 2014-04-24. Retrieved 2015-02-24.
- "Weezer, Panic! At The Disco, more to play 2015 APMAs; voting begins today!". Alternative Press. 2015-03-31. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "AXS TV to premiere historic 1986 Queen concert in Hungary - Music News - ABC News Radio". ABC News Radio. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "'Have A Willie Nice Day' with AXS TV as Network Presents an All-Day Country Music Block, Headlined By the Premier of The 2014 Concert Experience 'An Intimate Evening With Willie and Merle' on June 25 Starting at 8 A.M. ET/5 A.M. PT". The Country Note. 2017-06-12. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "DEF LEPPARD's 'And There Will Be A Next Time: Live From Detroit' To Air On AXS TV". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. 2017-04-13. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Jennifer Nettles Bands Against Cancer with new TV special - Music News - ABC News Radio". ABC News Radio. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Watch Mavis Staples, Arcade Fire, More Unleash Powerful 'The Weight'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Watch Robert Plant Perform 'Whole Lotta Love' From AXS TV Concert Special". Ultimate Classic Rock. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Kenny Loggins joined by famous musical friends on AXS TV concert special airing Sunday - Music News - ABC News Radio". ABC News Radio. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Premiere: Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band in AXS TV Concert - Best Classic Bands". Best Classic Bands. 2015-06-04. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Far Out! TV Channel to Celebrate the Summer of Love | TVWeek". www.tvweek.com. Retrieved 2017-08-21.
- "Friday, March 30: Parker Tries His Luck in Guyana in 'Gold Rush: Parker's Trail'". Channel Guide Magazine. 2018-03-30. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "Sunday, June 3: HBO's 'Succession' Explores a War for the Family Business". Channel Guide Magazine. 2018-06-03. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "AXS TV To Premiere Santana 'Live At The 1982 US Festival'". JamBase. 2018-06-08. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "'Best of Farm Aid 2017' will air on AXS TV Sunday | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (2018-03-07). "How Charlie Daniels' Volunteer Jam Concerts Married Country, Southern Rock". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "Richie Sambora, Billy Gibbons Part Of Guitar Legends For Heroes TV Special". www.antimusic.com. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "What's on TV Wednesday: The Brit Awards and 'Nature: The Last Rhino'". Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "AXS TV to Provide Complete Coverage of Stagecoach". KFROG. 2013-03-28. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "Coachella Festival to Air Live on YouTube, AXS TV". Billboard. 2014-04-02. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "AXS TV To Provide Live Coverage Of Stagecoach Country Music Festival". Multichannel News. 2014-02-06. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "AXS TV adds a 4th day to Jazz Fest 2014 coverage schedule". NOLA.com. 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "A.E.G. to Bring Its Music Festivals to AXS TV". New York Times. 2014-11-17. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- "AXS TV Unveils Music Festival Lineup For 2015". Deadline. 2014-11-18. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- "AXS TV announces 2016 music festival lineup". The Music Universe. 2016-04-06. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Aaron Sorkin Talks 'West Wing', 'Newsroom' In Premiere of AXS TV Interview Series". Deadline. 2013-09-12. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "Dan Rather's 'The Big Interview' Returns to AXS TV Tuesday, January 13, with Wynonna Judd & Others". Zap2It. 2015-01-09. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "Gene Simmons Sits Down with Dan Rather for 'The Big Interview'". Blabbermouth. 2014-09-29. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "'Weird Al' Yankovic Broadcasts 2015 Mandatory World Excursion". World News. 2015-01-20. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "'The Big Interview' is Back for a Star-Studded Third Season". PR Newswire. 2015-01-09. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "Dan Rather Sits Down with Country Icon Wynonna Judd". Music News Nashville. 2015-01-12. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "What We Learned from Jack White's Big Interview with Dan Rather". Consequence of Sound. 2014-09-17. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "TV: See 'Parks and Recreation' on NBC". RGJ. 2015-01-12. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "AXS TV Presents Season Two of 'The Big Interview'". PR Newswire. 2014-02-20. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "HIMYM Series Finale on Mon TV Talkback". Talk Backer. 2014-03-31. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- "RUSH Frontman GEDDY LEE Talks Baseball, Family, Music And More In 'The Big Interview With Dan Rather'". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. 2017-10-23. Retrieved 2017-12-11.
- Evans, Greg (2017-12-09). "AXS TV Sets Eddie Money Reality Show Premiere & New Music Countdown Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-12-11.
- "AXS Moves 6th Season Premiere of The Big Interview with Dan Rather!". EclipseMagazine. 2018-01-18. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "AXS TV to Air British-Based 'X Factor' in U.S." MultiChannel. 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "AXS TV is U.S. Broadcast Home for 'The X Factor UK'". Channel Guide Mag Blog. 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Simon Cowell, 'X Factor' Franchise Return This Month To U.S." deadline.com. 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- "ABen Haenow wins The X Factor 2014 final: as it happened". Telegraph. 2014-12-15. Retrieved 2015-02-24.
- Petski, Denise (2016-07-19). "AXS TV Re-Ups Multi-Year Deal To Air 'The X Factor UK'; Sets Season 13 Premiere". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "X Factor UK 2017 Returns TO AXS TV This Fall as All Four Judges Return". mjsbigblog. 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (2017-08-23). "'The X Factor UK' Gets U.S. Season 14 Premiere Date On AXS TV". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-12-11.
- "Louis Tomlinson Back On 'The X Factor UK,' This Time As Judge". The Inquisitr. 2018-07-18. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "Sammy Hagar's 'Rock & Roll Road Trip' TV Series Announces Premiere Date". Ultimate Classic Rock. 2015-12-11. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- "Sammy Hagar, Adam Levine band together for a tequila -- with a twist". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "MÖTLEY CRÜE's VINCE NEIL To Guest On SAMMY HAGAR's 'Rock & Roll Road Trip'". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. 2017-06-01. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- Petski, Denise (2017-08-17). "'Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar' Renewed For Season 3 By AXS TV". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-08-21.
- Evans, Greg (2017-12-09). "AXS TV Sets Eddie Money Reality Show Premiere & New Music Countdown Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- Evans, Greg (2017-09-28). "AXS TV Bets On Rocker Eddie Money For New Reality Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- Petski, Denise (2018-06-13). "'Real Money' Renewed For Second Season By AXS TV". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "'The Ronnie Wood Show' Coming to AXS TV - Best Classic Bands". Best Classic Bands. 2015-06-12. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "EDDIE TRUNK Takes Viewers On Guided Tour Of Country's Biggest And Most Eclectic Music Festivals In AXS TV's 'Trunkfest'". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. 2017-10-28. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "Eddie Trunk returns to AXS TV with 'Trunkfest'". AXS. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- Schneider, Michael. "Green Day, Dave Navarro Documentaries Kick Off New AXS Series 'Reel to Real' | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- "AXS TV teases 'The Top Ten Revealed,' 'Trunkfest' premieres | The Music Universe". The Music Universe. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "AXS TV Scores Cable Rights for 'Nashville'". Variety. 2015-06-24. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Video: Nashville's Connie Britton and Charles Esten Talk Love, 'Life Experience' With Dan Rather". TV Line. 2015-09-16. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "CMT's 'Nashville' gets 2017 premiere date; Connie Britton may exit". AXS. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- Garcia, Peter. "Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards 2018 Winners". wrestlingculture.com. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "New Japan's return to the U.S. to broadcast live on AXS". Cageside Seats. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "NJPW ready for a big North American moment at G1 Special in San Francisco". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "NJPW Strong Style Evolved to air live on AXS TV". WON/F4W - WWE news, Pro Wrestling News, WWE Results, UFC News, UFC results. 2018-02-07. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "AXS TV's Dan Rather Investigates America's Mental Health Crisis". Zap2It. 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "AXS TV to Premiere New Documentary Series Dan Rather Presents". Broadway World. 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Dan Rather headed to 'Presents' documentary series". New York Post. 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "Dan Rather Reports on The Bridge for Youth". Bridge for Youth. 2014-12-05. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "TV: YouTube meets the analog generation on 'Breaking Band'". The Press Enterprise. 2016-01-20. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Mother-daughter trio Lucy Angel brings lots of sass and country music to new reality show". Fox News. 2014-09-10. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "'Discovering Lucy Angel' Cast & Exec Producer Dish on What to Expect From the Reality Show". Billboard. 2015-01-10. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "'Elvis Lives!' Thanks To The Asylum On AXS TV". Deadline. 2016-04-13. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "David Hasselhoff Mockumentary 'Hoff the Record' to Air in U.S. on AXS TV". Variety. 2015-12-16. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "David Hasselhoff back in the TV swim with 'Hoff the Record'". Associated Press. 2016-02-26. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- Sager, Jessica (2016-12-19). "William Shatner to make stand-up debut on 'Gotham Comedy Live'". Page Six. Retrieved 2017-08-21.
- "Tom Green To Host AXS TV Talk Show". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Tom Green is Hosting a New Live Show for AXS TV". Splitsider. 2013-09-25. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Tom Green to Host New Talk Show on AXS TV Featuring Live Viewer Calls". The Laugh Button. 2013-09-25. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Tom Green on His AXS TV Talk Show, Guest-Hosting Letterman, and His 'Straight-and-Zany' Career". Vulture. 2014-04-04. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "AXS TV's 'Tom Green Live' Kicks Off Third Season with Steve Carell". Zap2It. 2014-06-04. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "AXS TV's long-running 'Inside MMA' show set for Sept. 30 series finale". MMA Junkie. 2016-09-20. Retrieved 2016-09-22.
- "Battle 4 Atlantis 2016: Teams, Schedule, Live Stream, Bracket, TV Info". Bleacher Report. 2016-11-23. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "AXS TV Acquires Reality Series 'Exploring Kaman' Starring NBA All-Star Chris Kaman". TV By The Numbers. 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- "HDNet Movies Unveils A 40-Film Line-Up For Its Month-Long Academy Award Celebration 'And The Oscar Goes To' Hosted By Richard Roeper Jan. 29-Feb. 24 Nightly At 8 pm | Multichannel". www.multichannel.com. Retrieved 2017-08-21.
- "Rob Zombie to Host '13 Nights of Halloween'". EW.com. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2017-08-21.
- "DIRECTV Partners with HDNet and HDNet Movies to Offer On Demand". Bloomberg. 2008-11-03. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Charter to Launch HDNet & HDNet Movies Networks". Broadcast Newsroom. 2003-01-13. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "TV Technology: NCTC to Bring HDNet to the Heartland". TV Technology. 2003-05-29. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Suddenlink Adding New HD Channels". The Town Talk. 2009-06-03. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "SureWest to Include HDNet, HDNet Movies in HDTV Service". Telecom Paper. 2005-12-07. Retrieved 2015-02-09.
- "Sling Launches GSN, AXS TV, HDNet Movies | Multichannel". www.multichannel.com. Retrieved 2017-08-21.