DIRECTV Now (or simply DTV Now) is a subscription streaming television service by AT&T, which allows subscribers in the United States to stream programming from cable channels without the long term commitment. The service was launched on November 30, 2016. As of June 2017[update], the service has 500,000 subscribers The service is zero rated for AT&T Mobility customers.
|Founded||November 30, 2016|
|Headquarters||El Segundo, California, United States|
|Randall Stephenson CEO|
|Services||OTT Internet Television|
On July 13, 2017, it was reported that AT&T is going to introduce a cloud-based DVR streaming service as part of its effort to create a unified platform across DirecTV and DirecTV Now streaming service, with U-verse to be added soon.
The service offers linear channels from major media conglomerates like A&E, AMC, CBS, Discovery, Disney, Fox, MLB, NBCUniversal, Viacom, Turner, Univision, and WWE The service also allows users to add on HBO or Cinemax for an additional fee, with access to HBO Go and Max GO included, respectively.
On launch, the service is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast hardware.
Supported DirecTV Now devices include:
- Apple TV (4th Generation only)
- Insignia 4K Roku TV (model: 7000X)
- TCL 4K Roku TV (model 7000X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (model: 3600)
- Roku 4 (model: 4400)
- Premiere (model: 4620)
- Premiere+ (model: 4630)
- Ultra (model: 4640)
- Roku 2 & 3 (models: 4210, 4200 & 4230)
- Roku 4K TV (model: 6000)
- Roku Express (model: 3700)
- Roku Express+ (model: 3710)
- Amazon Fire TV
- iOS mobile devices
- Android mobile devices
- Chromecast (cast from Android devices only, iOS coming in 2017)
- Google Chrome 50+
- Safari 8+
DirecTV Now currently offers four programming packages, along with four premium networks.
- † Live programming only available in selected markets.
- ‡ Comcast SportsNet, Fox Sports regional networks (including YES Network), and NESN are available depending on region.
- Gryta, Thomas (26 November 2016). "As AT&T’s DirecTV Now Streaming Service Is Unveiled, Watch the Details". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "AT&T Sets DirecTV Now Launch Event for Nov. 28". Variety. Variety. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- Lawler, Richard (July 13, 2017). "AT&T's 'next-gen' TV platform rollout will start on DirecTV Now". Engadget. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- Lieberman, David (July 13, 2017). "AT&T To Offer Cloud-Based DVR To Streaming Services". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- Frankel, Daniel (July 13, 2017). "DirecTV Now to finally get cloud DVR as part of AT&T video platform rollout". Fierce Cable. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "DIRECTV NOW channel lineups and comparison by package". DirecTVNow.com. AT&T. Retrieved June 1, 2017.