DirecTV Now (also known simply as DTV Now) is a subscription streaming television service owned by AT&T, which allows subscribers in the United States to stream programming from cable channels without the long term commitment. The service was launched on November 30, 2016. As of January 2019[update], the service has 1.6 million subscribers. The data used by the service is zero rated for AT&T Wireless customers while on the AT&T network, as well as T-Mobile US customers who have the carrier's "Binge On" feature enabled.
|Founded||November 30, 2016|
|Headquarters||El Segundo, |
|Services||OTT Internet Television|
On July 13, 2017, it was reported that AT&T was going to introduce a cloud-based DVR streaming service as part of its effort to create a unified platform across DirecTV and DirecTV Now streaming service, with U-verse to be added soon.
The service offers linear channels from major media conglomerates like A&E, AMC, CBS, Discovery, Disney, , MLB, NBCUniversal, Viacom, WarnerMedia, and Univision. The service also allows users to add on HBO, Showtime, Starz, & Cinemax for an additional fee, with access to HBO Go, Showtime on Demand, Starz on Demand, & Max GO included, respectively.
In March 2019, DirecTV Now was on a dispute with Viacom and they temporary dropped all Viacom channels from the lineup.
- Gryta, Thomas (26 November 2016). "As AT&T's DirecTV Now Streaming Service Is Unveiled, Watch the Details". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "AT&T Sets DirecTV Now Launch Event for Nov. 28". Variety. Variety. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Q4 2018 Earnings" (PDF). January 30, 2019. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- Lawler, Richard (July 13, 2017). "AT&T's 'next-gen' TV platform rollout will start on DirecTV Now". Engadget. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- Lieberman, David (July 13, 2017). "AT&T To Offer Cloud-Based DVR To Streaming Services". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- Frankel, Daniel (July 13, 2017). "DirecTV Now to finally get cloud DVR as part of AT&T video platform rollout". Fierce Cable. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- "DirecTV Now Channel Lineup". DirecTV Now. March 22, 2019. Retrieved 28 November 2016.