2019 Indian Premier League
The 2019 season of the Indian Premier League, will be the twelfth season of the IPL, a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. On 8 January 2019, the BCCI confirmed that the tournament would start on 23 March and take place entirely in India, after initial news reports speculated that it could be held in South Africa or the United Arab Emirates due to the Indian general elections.
|Dates||23 March 2019–TBC|
|Administrator(s)||Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)|
India's opening match at the 2019 Cricket World Cup was postponed from 2 to 5 June as the BCCI were directed to maintain a mandatory 15-day gap between the conclusion of IPL and India's subsequent international fixture as per Lodha Committee's recommendation.
Delhi Daredevils have been renamed as the Delhi Capitals, the franchise announced on 4 December 2018. During a function for the announcement of the new name, the franchise also released a new logo.
The transfers and the retention lists for the season were announced in November 2018. Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh and Glenn Maxwell were the prominent names among the players being released. Jaydev Unadkat, the costliest Indian player in 2018 auction, was also released. The player auction was held on 18 December 2018 at Jaipur.Jaydev Unadkat and uncapped Varun Chakravarthy were the most expensive player at Rs.8.4 crore. Sam Curran was the most expensive foreign player at Rs 7.2 crore. Prominent players like Cheteshwar Pujara, Brendon McCullum and Alex Hales remained unsold.
- "IPL 2019 to be held between March 29 and May 19". The Indian Express. 24 April 2018. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "IPL 2019 likely to start early to give India break before World Cup". Cricinfo. 9 November 2018. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- "IPL 2019 to be played entirely in India, will begin on March 23". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- "IPL 2019 will be held in India". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- "IPL 2019 could move out of India, BCCI has two venues in mind". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "IPL 2019 could move to UAE or South Africa, says Rajeev Shukla". DNA. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "India's 2019 ICC World Cup opening game postponed by 2 days due to Lodha recommendations". Firstpost. 24 April 2018. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Delhi Daredevils renamed as Delhi Capitals". Cricbuzz. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "Ins and Outs of the IPL trade window". ESPNcricinfo. 15 November 2018. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "IPL Auction 2019 Highlights: Varun Chakravarthy, Jaydev Unadkat emerge most expensive buys at Rs 8.40 crore". Indian Express. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.