Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Companies
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Companies and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4|
|WikiProject Companies||(Rated Project-class)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Threads with no replies in 90 days may be automatically moved.|
Merger proposal of Tom Aikens (restaurant)Edit
Help with article about public ecommerce companyEdit
Hello. Is a member of this project able to help on the BigCommerce article? I suggested a few changes to improve the article here Talk:BigCommerce#Request Edits March 2021. Since I have a COI, I can’t edit the article directly. Thanks!QuesoFan9639 (talk) 16:43, 23 March 2021 (UTC)
Blucora. The actual Infospace business unit was sold off years ago to a company called OpenMail, for which we don't have an article.was a high-flying dot-com company that crashed rather spectacularly. After many corporate purchases, mergers, and a rename, the main company (and article) is
The dot-com-era Infospace is highly notable, and I'm wondering if a separate article would help use cover it better. I'm wondering if editors know of other situations where this has been done, or how to go about doing so. --Hipal (talk) 00:21, 25 March 2021 (UTC)
- It looks to me like the original article was at . It was moved from there to Blucora in 2012. My thought is we could just undo the redirect from the page move and move the pertinent text from Blucora to InfoSpace and then fix the redirect from Infospace to InfoSpace. If that would affect the attribution, then we may need to move the whole article back to InfoSpace and do some kind of reverse merge with the edit history in both locations, but I'm not sure how that would happen. The InfoSpace article should be primarily about the dot-com boom era company with perhaps a paragraph or two at the end about the later rename to Blucora and later business sale to the other company. ♟♙ (talk) 21:43, 30 March 2021 (UTC) .
Affiliate sections+Headquarters address in infoboxEdit
- Can someone tell me if the Affiliates section in this article is necessary? I don't think it is but a new acc is insisting that this one company should be listed under its own section because all the Subsidiaries are under their own. They've already rv'd me twice and I'm not about to get into an edit war over something so trivial. -- Carlobunnie (talk) 20:00, 25 March 2021 (UTC)
- Does the address of a company's headquarters need to be sourced in the infobox? Or is being sourced in the body alone good enough? -- Carlobunnie (talk) 22:12, 30 March 2021 (UTC)
Members of this WikiProject may be interested in my new tool which can detect promotion in articles about companies.
- Click here to try it out (link will begin working shortly). Select the "Company" under the subject filter to see only articles about companies.
- Click here for instructional videos.
- This looks like a great piece of work. But the login page defeats me. Can you make it more user friendly? What's the 'certificate' I'm supposed to upload? What is the 'login' field? Can I complete the form if I'm not a company, since the company field is apparently obligatory? And what does this mean: 'The build versions of the client and the server do not match'. I don't want to sound disparaging because the tool looks really useful, and the videos are great. I'd love it to be widely used. Sadgrove (talk) 19:48, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
Discussion on notability guidelines to use for record labelsEdit
Members watching this project may be interested in discussing this at Wikipedia_talk:Notability#Appropriate_SNG_for_record_labels/recording_companies Graywalls (talk) 18:59, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
CarZing: Article ReviewEdit
Hello - I'm writing on behalf of my client, CarZing. CarZing’s mission is to make auto financing quick and easy while providing a modern, hassle free way of shopping for cars. The article (see draft here) was submitted back in December 2020, and is still waiting to be reviewed. Google Search is currently showing outdated company info until this article can help update SEO, which is causing some customers to get confused. My client and I would greatly appreciate if someone could assist in reviewing the article draft. Thank you so much for your help! - Chase
Looking to build consensus at Talk:ByteDance#Fixing MOS:LAYOUT and MOS:LEAD issuesEdit
Hi all. About a month ago I proposed making layout changes to the ByteDance article to comply with MOS:LAYOUT and WP:CSECTION, among other things. Specifically, I suggested using a chronologically organized "History" section (similar to Twitter#History) as well as integrating the contents of the Controversy section into other appropriate parts of the article. But I've struggled to generate a constructive discussion on the Talk page (Talk:ByteDance#Fixing MOS:LAYOUT and MOS:LEAD issues) and I will not make the edits myself due to my COI as a ByteDance employee.
I would greatly appreciate if editors reading this could take a few minutes to look at the discussion and consider implementing my proposal, either in part or in full. Thanks, JatBD (talk) 13:50, 14 April 2021 (UTC)
Help with publishing an update to ATS Automation Tooling SystemsEdit
Hello, I have put in changes to the ATS Automation Tooling Systems talk page and am looking for support in getting them published. I am a paid employee of the company.
Change name of Wikipedia page from Big Six (law firms) to Top Tier (law firms)Edit
I propose the former name should be updated to the newly suggested name in respect of the article: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Six_(law_firms)
I think this is an appropriate suggestion due to the outdated nature of the former term and the widespread usage in industry and media of the new term.
SBA Communications - Requested EditsEdit
I work for SBA Communications and we would like to request edits to our page, as we understand that we are not able to make these edits ourselves. I will also post this request on the talk page of the SBA Communications Wikipedia page.
The logo featured on the page is the incorrect logo as it does not feature our registered trademark. The correct logo is available on our SBA Communications.
Requested edits to Draft:Cremades&Calvo-SoteloEdit
Hello fellow Wikipedians, I have the same problem as in the previous post....
I work in communication for this law firm, Cremades & Calvo-Sotelo, and I need editors from outside the company to review the
Draft:Cremades&Calvo-Sotelo, so that it can be published. I appreciate all the collaborations and I will also try to help in other articles.
--Ursulabela (talk) 10:29, 20 May 2021 (UTC)
Help in improving Vella Group draftEdit
Hello, I would like help regarding Vella Group. It is a real estate company founded by Zach Vella who has appeared on Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles. Please edit the page in such a manner that it does not give the feel of an advertisement and add some reliable, secondary sources to the article. Precariousman123 (talk) 15:46, 20 May 2021 (UTC)
Sherwin-Williams controversies section updateEdit
Hello editors, I'm dropping in with another quick update in case volunteers here might be interested to help at Talk:Sherwin-Williams. I won't list my full request here, but you may review it on the Sherwin-Williams talk page. I have included the Request Edit template on the S-W talk page, but I wanted to let editors here know about the request in case it is of interest.
As a reminder, I ask for the community's feedback and assistance with edits on my behalf and will not edit the article myself due to my conflict of interest as an employee of Sherwin-Williams. Thanks, as always! MiraSherwin-Williams (talk) 14:52, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
Hello, WikiProject Companies. I have an outstanding update I requested on the Francisco Partners Talk page. At the bottom of the ongoing discussion, you will see I am hoping editors can update the amount of committed capital Francisco Partners has raised, as well as its offices. Is there a volunteer who is willing to incorporate these changes into the live article for me? I will not make my own updates to the page as I respect the rules in place for my conflict of interest as an employee of Francisco Partners. Thanks for any consideration. Janice at FP (talk) 21:28, 26 May 2021 (UTC)