Hi, you declined Draft:Zenkit yesterday with the reason that the article of Forbes is not reliable because of its author. Is there another source that might not be reliable in this Draft?
I can insert other articles but maybe they will be in German. I found out that non-English sources are allowed in combination with the translation but I don't know how to set this up. Is there a template for this sort? Thanks for advice. --Jessica Lu. (talk) 10:00, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
- Jessica Lu., Many of the references can be used, but they do not show notability. To show notability, the references must be in-depth when talking about the subject. They must also be independent of the subject. For instance, the same would apply to LifeHacker as it is user generated content, not independently written by the publication. You can review WP:ORGCRIT where there is a chart that will guide you through your search for reliable sources that show notability. As far as non-English sources, they are allowed as long as they meet the same criteria. The problem you may face is that many reviewers may only known English so they would not be able to review for notability based on those sources. In a situation like that, it would be good to go to the specific project with that language (WikiProject Germany, etc.) and ask on the talk page if they know a specific source to show notability. This will help you prior to implementing the reference in the draft. --CNMall41 (talk) 19:13, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
- CNMall41 thank you for your recommendation. I will definitely have a look at it but the Draft is not about Zenkit as an organization. It's about the tool/software itself. Aren't there different notability guidelines? --Jessica Lu. (talk) 10:04, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
- Jessica Lu., just a quick note. There is no need to ping someone on their own talk page and they will receive a notification from Wikipedia already. It'll save you some time while typing. As far as the draft, what specific guidelines are you basing your draft on?--CNMall41 (talk) 21:22, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
Hi there, You declined the submission for this page saying it lacks inline citations. This has now been updated. Please could you review this once again? Many thanks and please let me know if anything else is needed. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Erraticbraino (talk • contribs) 11:12, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
- Erraticbraino, prior to reviewing anything, additional information would be required. You will need to disclose what accounts are under your control as it appears you are editing from both Erraticbraino and Pickycakes. --CNMall41 (talk) 19:16, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
A tag has been placed on User:Teatime34/sandbox, requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section G11 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the page seems to be unambiguous advertising which only promotes a company, group, product, service, person, or point of view and would need to be fundamentally rewritten in order to become encyclopedic. Please read the guidelines on spam and Wikipedia:FAQ/Organizations for more information.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, then please contact the deleting administrator. Kirbanzo (talk) 22:48, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks, Kirbanzo, but I am unsure of why you notified me instead of the user who the sandbox belongs to. --CNMall41 (talk) 02:18, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
@CNMall41: Pretty sure it was just Twinkle screwing up. Kirbanzo (talk) 16:26, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
- Kirbanzo, Ahhh, Twinkle. That explains it all. Thanks! --CNMall41 (talk) 05:02, 8 December 2018 (UTC)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Template talk:United Kingdom in the European Union. Legobot (talk) 04:25, 10 December 2018 (UTC)