|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Catalan-speaking countries and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4|
|WikiProject Catalan-speaking countries||(Rated NA-class)|
RfC on Spanish/Catalan/Basque regional identitesEdit
There is a an RfC at Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Biography #RfC on use of Spanish regional identity in biography leads that may be of interest to editors here. --RexxS (talk) 00:25, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
A new Newsletter directory has been created to replace the old, out-of-date one. If your WikiProject and its taskforces have newsletters (even inactive ones), or if you know of a missing newsletter (including from sister projects like WikiSpecies), please include it in the directory! The template can be a bit tricky, so if you need help, just post the newsletter on the template's talk page and someone will add it for you.
- – Sent on behalf of Headbomb. 03:11, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
@Toniher, AKeen, Tomclarke, Acomas, Elizium23, Liam987, Rwxrwxrwx, Culex, Carlstak, AlanWCollins, and Eloi Montes: Pinging all active editors who have registered interest in the project. I think there's a great scope for the project here, if anyone wants to join me and start discussing a to-do list, starting at historical biographies and the current politics of Catalonia could make this project semi-active (or even active) again - I think these may be some of the more popular Catalan-related areas of coverage, and re-activating the project gives editors looking for info/help on these topics a defined area on WP that can support them! Let me know (comment below) if you're still interested in the WikiProject, and we'll take that inactive banner off :) Kingsif (talk) 15:27, 14 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hello. I'll try to take some time these days to take a look at User:PereBot/1000/missing to start with. Still a lot of articles are missing. Culex (talk) 19:22, 14 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hello. I apologise for my absence and delayed response to this call. Yes, I am interested in helping. Let me know how we can get started! --Tomclarke (talk) 14:19, 16 December 2019 (UTC)
Request for information on WP1.0 web toolEdit
Hello and greetings from the maintainers of the WP 1.0 Bot! As you may or may not know, we are currently involved in an overhaul of the bot, in order to make it more modern and maintainable. As part of this process, we will be rewriting the web tool that is part of the project. You might have noticed this tool if you click through the links on the project assessment summary tables.
We'd like to collect information on how the current tool is used by....you! How do you yourself and the other maintainers of your project use the web tool? Which of its features do you need? How frequently do you use these features? And what features is the tool missing that would be useful to you? We have collected all of these questions at this Google form where you can leave your response. Walkerma (talk) 04:24, 27 October 2019 (UTC)
Occitan speaker neededEdit
Hello, if you speak Occitan, or know it well enough to proofread a short excerpt, can you please have a look at this edit at Judaeo-Spanish? This resulted in the following text, claiming to be in Occitan:
Lo judeocastelhan es la lenga parlada pels jusieus sefarditas expulsats d’Espanha en 1492. Es una lenga venent del castelhan que 150 000 personas la parlan dins de comunautats en Israèl, Turquia, èx-Iogoslavia, Grècia, Marròc, Malhòrca, las Americas, entre fòrça autres luòcs.
- @Mathglot: I do not speak or read Occitan, but that is definitely able to be read in Catalan. Which probably helps very little. Occitan is uncommon enough that the only dictionary I can find is from the Catalan government... I'm not sure if anyone here can help or suggest any resources you could find. Kingsif (talk) 02:26, 23 November 2019 (UTC)
- @Kingsif:, thanks. Yes, I know enough Catalan to be aware of that as well. But that isn't the problem; the problem is whether that is proper Occitan. The article has the excerpt in Catalan, as well as in seven other languages (see this table). Pinging native speakers Lembeye and Aussie Oc, and fluent speakers Jfblanc and Capsot for assistance. P.S. Kingsif, if you know Asturian, Galician, or Mozarabic, those snippets could use a proofreader as well. Mathglot (talk) 03:11, 23 November 2019 (UTC)
- @Mathglot: I am Occitan speaker from Provençal dialect. I can assure you this is Occitan, Lengadocian dialect ("pels" being merging of "per los", "del" meaning "de lo" typical from Montpelhièr / Montpellier for example where in Provence it would have been "per lei" and "dau"). Aussie Oc (talk) 07:54, 5 December 2019 (UTC)
Catalan-language women without English biographiesEdit
Illa Sonora notabilityEdit
I just read some of this article on Illa Sonora, a website collecting information on just about every band and song pertaining to Mallorca. It seems notable enough for an article, but does anyone knows anything more to better judge that? Kingsif (talk) 01:49, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
"Wikipedia:PPCC" listed at Redirects for discussionEdit
A discussion is taking place to address the redirect Wikipedia:PPCC. The discussion will occur at Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2020 September 25#Wikipedia:PPCC until a consensus is reached, and readers of this page are welcome to contribute to the discussion. Bernat (talk) 21:35, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
"Wikipedia:BACAVIA" listed at Redirects for discussionEdit
A discussion is taking place to address the redirect Wikipedia:BACAVIA. The discussion will occur at Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2020 September 25#Wikipedia:BACAVIA until a consensus is reached, and readers of this page are welcome to contribute to the discussion. Bernat (talk) 21:37, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
New home page for the WikiProjectEdit
Hello @TheKaloo, Avocado J, Kingsif, Eloi Montes, AlanWCollins, Carlstak, Culex, Rwxrwxrwx, Liam987, Elizium23, Alexandrecomas, Tomclarke, AKeen, and Toniher: I've been working on a new home page for this WikiProject over in my draft space, my main goal being to make it all more coherent and lovely. I'm not making any radical changes and will be covering most of the content already on WikiProject Catalan-speaking countries. I'd welcome any feedback you may have down below. The draft is located at User:Bernat Tortajada/sandbox/WP:CATALAN. Bear in mind that it's still a work in progress! Bernat (talk) 22:34, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
- Great job, Bernat ! For the moment, I just made two minor corrections on your draft. Culex (talk) 00:57, 27 September 2020 (UTC)
- Bernat, thank you! I am not very active at the moment, but I saw the major edits and I'm happy about them. Good Job! Jxlarb (Talk to me) 14:29, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
User script to detect unreliable sourcesEdit
I have (with the help of others) made a small user script to detect and highlight various links to unreliable sources and predatory journals. Some of you may already be familiar with it, given it is currently the 39th most imported script on Wikipedia. The idea is that it takes something like
- John Smith "Article of things" Deprecated.com. Accessed 2020-02-14. (
John Smith "[https://www.deprecated.com/article Article of things]" ''Deprecated.com''. Accessed 2020-02-14.)
and turns it into something like
- John Smith "Article of things" Deprecated.com. Accessed 2020-02-14.
The script is mostly based on WP:RSPSOURCES, WP:NPPSG and WP:CITEWATCH and a good dose of common sense. I'm always expanding coverage and tweaking the script's logic, so general feedback and suggestions to expand coverage to other unreliable sources are always welcomed.
Do note that this is not a script to be mindlessly used, and several caveats apply. Details and instructions are available at User:Headbomb/unreliable. Questions, comments and requests can be made at User talk:Headbomb/unreliable.