User talk:Theroadislong/Archive 43
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 42||Archive 43||Archive 44|
- 1 Deletion of page
- 2 Editing Wikipedia
- 3 New draft: Cockey, Frome
- 4 Jon Hart Design
- 5 Kent Tate article
- 6 Draft:Pall Mall Barbers
- 7 Red Circle Authors
- 8 Your recent edit needs to be reverted
- 9 User:HetchinLang/sandbox
- 10 please
- 11 Teach me
- 12 Review of page AH Proctor
- 13 Glasgow School of art
- 14 Louis Rosenblum
- 15 ok
- 16 New thought
- 17 A barnstar for you!
- 18 hey
- 19 Seabee
- 20 RICHARD GORAB PROFILE BUILDING
- 21 Viki-BSU (talk) 22:10, 18 April 2019 (UTC)Please Help me! If possible, delete Comment from my article. Thank you beforehand...Viki-BSU (talk) 22:10, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- 22 Rejection of article
- 23 declined article - Viva Leisure!
- 24 Clarification
- 25 /* K M NAIR */ Newbie - may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for academics.
- 26 China Joe
- 27 Draft:Retford king edward vi grammar school
- 28 May you join this month's editathons from WiR!
- 29 I noticed that you thanked me
- 30 Living Individual profile
- 31 Help!
- 32 Request on 22:46:06, 3 May 2019 for assistance on AfC submission by FilmGuru26
- 33 Rejection of Dawn Smith Jordan Article
- 34 Draft: Celalettin-Field Quantum Observation Tunnel
- 35 Request from ArchaicW re proposed new Article
- 36 Thank you for your feedback
- 37 Waiting for a review
- 38 John Cracken Draft Page
- 39 IoAAS Draft, from ArchaicW
- 40 Draft:Gulshan Kumar Bajwa
- 41 Richard Alan French
- 42 Draft:Sample inlet system of mass spectrometer
- 43 Request on 12:34:30, 16 May 2019 for assistance on AfC submission by Max.Inunkapasiti
- 44 Draft:Laurie Smith (designer)
- 45 NPR Newsletter No.18
- 46 Palestinian Animal League
- 47 Draft:Retford_King_Edward_VI_Grammar_School
- 48 Requesting a review for Draft:Elica
- 49 Take a look?
- 50 Request on 17:41:29, 21 May 2019 for assistance on AfC submission by Kauchis
- 51 Review of Soundarie David Rodigo
- 52 there is one another image on commons for Manish Goswami
- 53 June events with WIR
- 54 big bang
- 55 Bare URL's hopefully fixed with reFill - please advise!
- 56 removed not relevant info,
- 57 Hello
- 58 The Draft:Daniel S. Milo
- 59 Re-review needed
- 60 Copy edit in sandbox
- 61 Rejected article confused
- 62 Here.
- 63 29 May 2019 Submission of Margot Friedlander by MinatoAri
- 64 Where is the page I want to work on that I left in my sandbox?
- 65 AFC submission template - language parameter fixed
- 66 RE:Spacesldie
- 67 Draft: Russia–United States sports rivalries
- 68 Is there anyway you can help me with this article M.A.C. (rapper)
- 69 Article rejected
- 70 ILYAH
- 71 User ID: Nmalguri Page Title : Prof Mahesh Tandon
Deletion of page
The German wikipedia entry for Botond Roska has been approved in the meantime https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botond_Roska I really have no idea who the author is. Reading it, I see differences in structure, but not regarding factual content to my EN draft.
Which sufficient 'secondary reliable resources' are missing in my EN draft https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Botond_Roska?
I'm really not trying to set up an advertisment page here, just try to reply to many Qs 'why is Botond not yet on wikipedia?'
Thanks for your help and for concrete hints on what I need to do to get the draft published - I am a first time wikipedia entry user (more proof for me not trying to create anything like an advertorial here) and I do not understand or use HTML, unfortunately.
Sorry I thought this was uncyclopedia, I'm illiterate man living on streets of Colombia. Sorry for mistake. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shlepticon27 (talk • contribs) 19:38, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
New draft: Cockey, Frome
Thanks for your support for the John Webb Singer article, now no longer a draft. I have written another draft: Draft:Cokey,_Frome and would welcome your opinion. Necessarily this is a smaller article, though the name is well known in Frome, there is scant documentation. Many thanks Philgryce (talk) 19:03, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
- My first thought is that it doesn't read like an encyclopaedia article for example the first section "Cockey of Frome" is totally inappropriate in tone. Other parts read like a family history project. It might be better to make it an article on "Edward Cockey & Sons Ltd" with a brief mention of the family. Theroadislong (talk) 19:10, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
Jon Hart Design
What do you think... Thabhigh? TwoodOU is most definitely an undisclosed paid editor. The latter seems to have a keen interest in its survival. If not WP:SOCK then WP:MEAT? --Drm310 🍁 (talk) 23:43, 10 April 2019 (UTC)=
Kent Tate article
Hello User:Theroadislong, I appreciate that you approved the Kent Tate article! I did want to ask you though if the citation issue on the page is a result of an issue with Carrico reference or from the removal of the the Oille reference? Sorry... but it is unclear to me why that is there now. Thank you!LorriBrown (talk) 16:14, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- I'm sorry I don't know what "issue" you are referring to? Theroadislong (talk) 16:16, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Draft:Pall Mall Barbers
Thanks for your comment. I realize that there are a lot of blogs and passing mentions... But there are also reliable primary sources like People Magazine, The Daily Mail, and ABC News. Like a LOT of those. What's more... This is a retail store we're talking about. On the "Talk" page for this article I link to a handful of other retail chains that have far less sourcing. (You really don't see a lot of front page articles written about retail outlets unless they burn to the ground or a bus smashes into them. Compared to any other existent retail outlet on Wikipedia... I think the article that I've written is well-sourced.) Thedavidshow (talk) 15:33, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- Well for a start The Daily Mail is most definitely NOT a reliable source, it would be better to remove the blog sources completely they are hardly ever reliable and don't contribute to notability. A visit from royalty also offers no notability. As for your other comment please see other crap exists. Theroadislong (talk) 15:47, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the fast response. To be honest I had no idea The Daily Mail was a blog. I thought it was the website for a British newspaper of some sort. (They often come up when I'm Googling for British things.) So I'll get rid of that one. That still leaves, however, People Magazine, ABC News, GQ, I'm sure there's a New York Times article out there. But I'm willing to dramatically cut back on the blog sources. As per: Wikipedia:Notability_(organizations_and_companies)#Primary_criteria... which I've read, in full, about 200 times over the years, notability is determined by "significant coverage in multiple, independent, reliable, secondary sources." While what you say about a visit from Royalty offering no notability may or may not be true... the story isn't "Prince William went somewhere"... Prince William was visiting this barbershop chain in order to evaluate a series of programs and initiatives that were started by said barbershop chain. Each article I've sourced describes the mental health initiative started by the chain in depth. That is NOT a passing mention. If anything... you could argue that the fact that Prince William was there is a passing mention. The subject is the mental health program started by the barbershop chain.
- Now if you think I should reword what I've written to better reflect that (I think I explained that as best I could but there's always room for improvement). Maybe change that section from "Royal Visit" to "Mental Health Initiative"... then I'm certainly open for suggestions...
- Again thanks for your help and thanks for at least taking a look at the article.
- The Daily mail is not a blog it's just an unreliable source according to WP:RS Consensus has determined that the Daily Mail (including its online version, dailymail.co.uk) is generally unreliable, and its use as a reference is to be generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist. As a result, the Daily Mail should not be used for determining notability, nor should it be used as a source in articles. An edit filter should be put in place going forward to warn editors attempting to use the Daily Mail as a reference. Your suggested section heading change would I think be an improvement. Theroadislong (talk) 14:53, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
Red Circle Authors
You kindly reviewed my first submission [ providing suggestions for improvements and pointed me in the direction of editors who might be able to help. Based on all the advice and edits from these individuals etc the submission has been much improved with a large number of references and more reference style prose in the body of the article. This includes a citation in an article by the former Head/President of the International Publishers Association (IPA) saying Red Circle is a notable new independent publisher worth checking out. It has now been more than two months since you reviewed the first submission and I was wondering if you would review it again or suggest further improvements.--WikiGeoffrey (talk) 16:45, 12 April 2019 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by WikiGeoffrey (talk • contribs) 16:39, 12 April 2019 (UTC) ==
Your recent edit needs to be reverted
Your recent edit here: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cecily_Jordan_Farrar&diff=892158773&oldid=890098996, is not warranted or justified unless you can provide me a link to the Manual of Style that states that "we don't use first names in encyclopaedia articles", BTW you are speaking in a tone as of you (we) are WP. Ican't find anything in WP that says editors should not or cannot use first names in WP articles, especially after their full name was given in the article name and lead paragraph. It actually seems more appropriate, and in fact is so in commonuseage to refer to a person by their given name after the original reference in their full name. Your edit is awkward and confuses the situation with Cecily Jordan Farrar as I explained on her talk page. It is hardly appropriate to refer to a woman by her married name, much less use the married name in situations before she was married.In any event please do provide me with a link to a MOS that substantiates your statement. I am not happy with my edits to her article either, and am prone to revert your edits,but am extremely loathe to revert the edits of such an august, experienced and connected editor/admin as you. ThanksOldperson (talk) 04:18, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- Wikipedia has no interest in something you just made up. Theroadislong (talk) 14:28, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
It is actually a project we have been working on for a long time and we wanted to make a wikipedia page to summarise our creation and tell the web. — Preceding unsigned comment added by HetchinLang (talk • contribs) 14:30, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- Wikipedia is not the place to tell the world about your project. Wikipedia only reports on what people who have no connection with the subject have published about it in reliable places. If there are no such sources then we don’t have an article. Once your language has been the subject of multiple indepth coverage in reliable sources then we can have an article. Theroadislong (talk) 14:35, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
can anybody teach me to make my minecraft article better, i don't know because i am new in wiki, and i am a minecraft pro. anyone who don't know about minecraft can ask me. — Preceding unsigned comment added by EnochLi (talk • contribs) 10:09, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
Review of page AH Proctor
I have edited the page and re-submitted with additional independent content.
I have not been paid to make this submission, but I do work with AH Proctor. Can you advise if this is allowable?
Glasgow School of art
Hi I received your message about the School of Art external link. I added it really because my artwork shows a very rare view of the complete front. It really allows readers to fully appreciate the architecture of the building in it entirety. I'm a big fan and supporter of the school of art so I would appreciate it if you could leave the link there. Kind regards Michael. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2A00:23C4:FC8:4700:5D77:C0AA:DF07:AED (talk) 15:25, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for reviewing the article on Louis Rosenblum. It was rated as START CLASS. I would like to improve it but am at something of a loss. It is meticulously referenced and I believe it to cover all of the salient contributions he made. If you saw any particular areas to focus on for improvement, I would be interested. Thanks so much for your time.
I change my mind about writing game articles I will change a subject, animals, I love animals more than I like games do anybody mind? I know lots about animals. — Preceding unsigned comment added by EnochLi (talk • contribs) 01:38, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
- Mcb133aco My apologies I can only assume it was a mis-click before I closed my laptop, feel free to revert me. Theroadislong (talk) 07:14, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
Viki-BSU (talk) 08:42, 18 April 2019 (UTC)Hello. I tried to correct my mistakes. If you agree, remove this comment from the page please: "Comment: Not clear why he is notable, and it reads like a CV. Theroadislong (talk) 12:13, 6 April 2019 (UTC)". And help me further. Thank you for everything.Viki-BSU (talk) 08:42, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
RICHARD GORAB PROFILE BUILDING
I appreciate the timely feedback. On the subject of Richard Gorab your feedback was that it wasn't 'sufficiently notable for inclusion on Wikipedia'. With a concern like this, how do I possibly proceed from here.
Regards, Bismark — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bismark S. Sosu (talk • contribs) 10:42, 18 April 2019 (UTC) Wikipedia doesn't host "profiles". Linked in is not a reliable source. If there are no independent reliable sources that discuss him in detail then the answer is that we don't have an article.Theroadislong (talk) 15:54, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
Viki-BSU (talk) 22:10, 18 April 2019 (UTC)Please Help me! If possible, delete Comment from my article. Thank you beforehand...Viki-BSU (talk) 22:10, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
Viki-BSU (talk) 22:11, 18 April 2019 (UTC)And then explain me, when i change Draft to Article, it comes me Warning about deletion. What happen? If possible help me to choose this problem...Viki-BSU (talk) 22:11, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
Rejection of article
You recently rejected my submission https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aj.artofcharm/sandbox
Can you please guide me on how to get this one approved? What are the changes or resources you need?
declined article - Viva Leisure!
you recently declined my page Viva Leisure. This page was built using the following examples and is not an advertisement.
I have also provided several third party references where appropriate.
can you be more specific on what you feel is the 'advertisement part' and that is different to any of the above examples? — Preceding unsigned comment added by HKme (talk • contribs) 11:56, 21 April 2019 (UTC)
- Unfortunately you have based your article on other articles that are written like an advert. You need to remove all the product lists and external links and write in neutral tone using independent sources. Do you have a connection to the company by any chance? Theroadislong (talk) 12:06, 21 April 2019 (UTC)
i have removed the product lists and updating the wording to a neutral tone no different to the other links above. the external links are from the only australian based industry source. the source is reputable and is listed on the googles news tab as a source (https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/google-acknowledges-australasian-leisure-management-as-a-global-news-source).
/* K M NAIR */ Newbie - may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for academics.
Hi Theroadislong, Thanks for reviewing my page! I noticed your comments on my page. Even though I am related to the person on the page, I hardly knew anything about him. When I found out that his demise news was covered by TV channels and several ministers attended his funeral, I ventured to learn about him. There were several articles about him in the Malayalam newspapers, unfortunately, I don't know the language. I am in the process of finding those articles through others. I learned about his research work, assistance to several Ph.D. students, professional development of high school teachers, and especially contribution to protecting the eco-system of Kerala. He regularly stressed the importance of protecting the environment of Kerala and failing to do so will result in natural disasters. Kerala had massive floods in 2018 and his studies and warnings could have reduced the flooding at least in a small way. I am trying to reach some of his peers to find out more about him. He is known in his field (geology) and locally (Kerala). But does not have any international awards or recognition though. I created this page to prevent his research from being lost as it contains information on protecting the environment (as Kerala has a very unique bio-diversity). MonashGreen (talk) 08:54, 23 April 2019 (UTC)
Greetings to Theroadislong,
Thank you for taking the time to look at the correction I requested. I am an absolute amateur to editing a Wikipedia page, so I am not sure if all the information I noted came through. Am I correct in assuming that the changes I suggested were rejected because the subject, China Joe, does not rise to the level of notability? My concern is that there is a Wikipedia entry on China Joe that contains incorrect information from the sources already cited. If you need more published information regarding Joe's notability, I can do that.
Rarely is the history of an entire racial group reduced to one citizen overnight. In August 1886, when all Chinese were removed from Juneau and Douglas Alaska at gunpoint, China Joe was not removed.
The men whose lives he saved at Dease Lake during the winter of 1874-1875 by providing free flour and food for all, were the very same men who stood in front of his log cabin bakery, with
firearms in hand. They informed the armed mob who had come to take Joe away, that no one was touching Joe. They would defend him with their own lives, for they owed their lives to him.
This was a unique and remarkable circumstance on the West Coast. Joe continued a life of generosity to all and when he died in 1917 had a funeral procession 7 blocks long. Such early writers as Emma Sarepta Yule wrote of him as a remarkable solitary Chinese in
the Pacific Monthly. He was the sole Chinese male accepted as a full-fledged member of the first organized Pioneers of Alaska, here in Juneau. When a local Irishman was told he had not intention of having his portrait taken with a Chinese male, the whole group told the Irishman to leave. Joe's picture sits among his fellow pioneers on the the local museum wall to this day.
Joe's example of generosity to young and old alike through his whole life makes him
our leading citizen and example of generosity in any language or culture.
So, what do I need to do, to correct those mistakes? To show he that he rises to the level of historical notability? Your help in this matter, from one ignorant in the mechanics would be appreciated. Sincerely Yours in Historical Detail,Omphalopsychite (talk) 02:43, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Draft:Retford king edward vi grammar school
Thank you for your feedback so far on Draft:Retford king edward vi grammar school. I think I have improved the citations, and any copyright contended lines have been removed. I undertand the guidelines for para phrasing now I think.
Before I make any further changes (or mistakes) can you tell me if is now likely to be approved or I need to make further changes? Please be as specific as possible, I was a bit ambitious with the first draft, and made it difficult to pin point areas of concern.
May you join this month's editathons from WiR!
Thank you for asking about where to use the book review from Literary Mama; could it fit under References since it would refer to Visits and Other Passages listed under Poetry? One of the templates says secondary sources are needed. Carol Smallwood (talk) 22:13, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
I noticed that you thanked me
Hi, I noticed that you thanked me earlier. Specifically, there is a discussion about the merits of the article on Talk:Criticism of the Catholic Church, so if you want to weigh in, be my guest.--Epiphyllumlover (talk) 03:18, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
Living Individual profile
I’ve had a look at the article you sent me after you said my article about the rugby player Mike Peters should be deleted. As I’m new to all this and not tech-savvy I’m still clueless as to what I’ve done wrong.....??????
The links for references/proof that I’ve used all lead to legitimate articles, match reports, images of Mike in action etc.
I really appreciate any help you could offer in ‘laymans’ terms.
Request on 22:46:06, 3 May 2019 for assistance on AfC submission by FilmGuru26
I am wondering why the page I created was flagged for deletion? Can you please advise what I need to do to resolve? It is a purely fact based profile for a company, much like exists for many other film companies (i.e. A24, Blue Fox Entertainment, etc). I'm not sure what I am doing incorrectly to establish this company page. Thank you for your assistance.
I hope I didn't submit my last inquiry to the incorrect place.I was trying to find out why the page I'm attempting to create for this company is being flagged for deletion? It's not a promotional page but merely a fact based background of what the company is (much like exists for other film companies such as A24, Blue Fox Entertainment, etc.) Can you please advise what I am doing wrong to set this up and what I need to alter to have it be accepted as a valid page? Thank you
- FilmGuru2It isn't flagged for deletion? the template says "This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject." Your draft has only one poor quality source. Wikipedia requires articles to have references with multiple in-depth coverage of the subject. Theroadislong (talk) 07:32, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
Rejection of Dawn Smith Jordan Article
It was said, "Being a Miss America runner-up is not notability..." which seems inconsistent with existing pages on Wikipedia. For example, as I look at the list of other Miss South Carolina winners in Wikipedia, there a number of former winners with their own pages and most have their chief measure of notability as winning Miss South Carolina. Note that you have to win Miss South Carolina to even compete in Miss America, and Dawn Smith was a finalist in Miss America. A good specific example is Ali Rogers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Rogers). Ali Rogers has nothing more on her page other than winning beauty pageants, the most significant being Miss South Carolina and also was a finalist in Miss America. She did not sing in a Billy Graham crusade, hasn't recorded songs, written books, have an active ministry throughout the United States, and so forth. I intend to continue to add to the draft providing additional items of notability, but the above comment by itself is inconsistent with what I already see approved on Wikipedia. My assumption is it will eventually get approved as I document more, but I contend it should already be approved based on what I see on Ali Rogers' page. Please explain this inconsistency.
Draft: Celalettin-Field Quantum Observation Tunnel
I have made all reviewers changes. I do not have a relationship in any way with the author, I just use the laws.
Request from ArchaicW re proposed new Article
Hope you recall you were very helpful over getting an article on the Coxwold Pottery established (thank you.) I've been working on another article and I wonder if you could have a look at it? It concerns a former department of the University of York (UK), the Institute of Advanced Architectural Studies. Here's what I have drafted so far: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Institute_of_Advanced_Architectural_Studies I believe the department was ‘notable’, in that it ran for some 40 years and provided courses to 1,000s of mid career architects here in the UK, as well as other activities. Again, I think I made the mistake some months ago of not really understanding the ways of Wikipedia – I put the article up directly and fairly promptly had it knocked back by an Admin to a Draft! To be frank, I found that a bit puzzling, as I think it is an absolutely straightforward factual record of the Institute’s activities, with no commercial value and nothing to 'promote', as it closed over 20 years ago. What it did not have at the time were many references to books and journals etc. But the key information regarding the Institute’s existence and activities is actually mainly found on the University of York’s website, eg the University Library link lists over 80 publications of one sort and another published by the Institute. Anyway, I'd be really grateful if you have a minute to look over it. If you think it’s OK, could you let me know and I will move it from Draft to Review. If you think it needs some further work, could you perhaps just let me know briefly what you think is needed and I'll edit it? Thanks very much ArchaicW (talk) 11:25, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for your feedback
Hi there! I am wondering if you can provide more context around your "reads more like an advertisement" comment? I cited several sources, none of which are affiliated with the company itself, to highlight what the company does. I read through the guidelines and believe it to be neutral so would appreciate any additional information you can provide! Thank you! (KCStyle (talk) 21:01, 6 May 2019 (UTC))
Waiting for a review
You declined my article two times within minutes. Now, I am waiting for another review for more than a month. Do you know how long will I have to wait for antoher review? Any info would be great. Thanks. (Kristijanwh (talk) 08:04, 7 May 2019 (UTC))
- I would decline it again as blatant advertising, but will let another reviewer take a look to be fair. Theroadislong (talk) 08:29, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
John Cracken Draft Page
Thomson Reuters and Martindale Hubbbell are also sources I could add, will that work? Thomson Reuters and Martindale have cited most of the source stat. I am trying understand what is necessary for me to add so I can get my page live again.
- Your draft Draft:John R.W. Cracken has whole sections with no sources, where did it come from? All content requires a reliable source. Theroadislong (talk) 15:21, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
IoAAS Draft, from ArchaicW
Thanks very much, Theroadislong. In the light of your comments, I've looked at the references so far and agree you are right they need more depth on the activities and status of the Institute. I'll work on this, but it might take a couple of weeks to improve on the refs. ArchaicW (talk) 15:47, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
Hi Theroadislong. I wanted to let you know that a draft you declined at AFC, Draft:Gulshan Kumar Bajwa, was moved to mainspace by the creator, who said the draft had been "approved" when it had not been. I'm not that familiar with AFC so I wanted to ask you: Is the standard procedure here to re-draftify the article, or rather to initiate a PROD or AfD as we would for any other non-notable article? Thanks. – Lord Bolingbroke (talk) 14:57, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
Richard Alan French
Dear Theroadislong, Am still waiting for posting of entry "Richard Alan French". Received message it would be about 6 weeks. Is now 3 months. Can it be posted please?
Hello, i don't know why you said the article read like an essay. I'd like more clarifications. The article was done for fulfilment of requirement for a course, moving it back to draft is going to impact on my grade (page will be checked tomorrow). I did my best for over a month coming up with the write up and getting permissions from publishers, your one action might just jeopardize everything. ThanksOlisaayodeji (talk) 20:44, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
- Wikipedia is not a venue for posting your homework. The article reads like an essay and is not suitable for main space. Theroadislong (talk) 21:12, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
Newbie errors I'm afraid.
You have requested speedy deletion of User talk:Tmcann. I used this as a workspace for creation of this article which you have reviewed (thanks): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khanyisile_Motsa
I am sorry to have misused the talk:Tmcann page and am happy to delete this myself if this is appropriate. Hopefully the Khanyisile_Motsa page will still be kept.
I am reading up on correct citing and hope to improve the article in the next few days.
Thanks and regards
Request on 12:34:30, 16 May 2019 for assistance on AfC submission by Max.Inunkapasiti
Hi, my article has sources of significant credibility and follows all guidelines as required. I do not see why a source such as the Google Knowledge Panel and Spotify's official website would circumvent the guideline of non-acceptable blogs, social media, etc.
Draft:Laurie Smith (designer)
- I didn't decline it because IMDb was the 'only" source. Her own website and other primary sources are also not sufficient to establish notability, we require in-depth significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in reliable sources.
- Your comment when declining the submission leads me to believe otherwise. The StyleBlueprint article and the TLC videos cited constitute significant coverage from reliable sources, as does her appearance at the National Book Festival, the video of which is on the Library of Congress's own website.18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:33, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
NPR Newsletter No.18
Palestinian Animal League
What makes you say it reads like an advertisement? There is no real negative coverage about them online or in academia, because, whilst they are noteworthy, the people who are interested in them are people who are supportive of them, because they are not a large enough group for people to come after them, as would be with for example, a mainstream political party.
- I'm not suggesting we should add negative coverage! We only summarise what reliable, independent published sources have to say about a subject. 14 of your references are to their own website, we have very little interest in what they have to say about themselves, only what others have reported. Theroadislong (talk) 15:45, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you, I guess that means I'll consider deleting and abandoning the article then. There's no way I can find sources for the nature of their activities other than them. Really strange, as that means you basically can't write an article on anything but large political groups! Innovative Username (talk) 15:49, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
Been working hard to improve the quality of this new page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Retford_King_Edward_VI_Grammar_School , including asking other reviewers, reading guidelines but nervous I haven't done enough. Any further *specific* comments please really appreciated before it gets formally reviewed. Gedgmoss (talk) 22:13, 8 May 2019 (UTC)GedGedgmoss (talk) 22:13, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
18 May 2019 20:53 GMT Thank you for the edits you did. In particular your comments: 1) School Day Memories I just removed and will ask further advice 2) Neutral tone - I've tried to make amend the external link to make it more neutral 3) Should be prose, not a list - do you mean the History section? Gedgmoss (talk) 19:59, 18 May 2019 (UTC)GedGedgmoss (talk) 19:59, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
Requesting a review for Draft:Elica
I just wanted to request you to review the Draft:Elica once again. I have corrected my mistakes (added links and citations) and I have corrected any other mistakes. Please don't misunderstand me, I DO NOT work for this brand, I just wanted to create a page in English for this brand, as Elica is very popular my country and there wasn't any page in English for it. Thanks for promoting your time. Genius Ed. (talk) 03:51, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
Take a look?
Hi Theroadislong. As one of the most active AfC reviewers (I think, as I see you working), could you look at and review Draft:Elena Matei? I have reached an opinion on the draft, but feel that requesting an experienced third party may be needed to ensure that I alone am not deciding the fate of a draft. Best. SamHolt6 (talk) 14:09, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
Request on 17:41:29, 21 May 2019 for assistance on AfC submission by Kauchis
hello, it has been brought to my attention that the text i used in my article is identical to the text in http://sirasatv.lk/slgt/saudarie/. I would like to inform you that this text is owned by me, and was provided to the website as part of my biography which was written by me. It is the same text that has been used in many other websites/interviews as given by me. I require your assistance to learn how I may further emphasise that the text that is been used in my submissions is not in violation of any copyrights, as it was written by myself and submitted to the said websites.
Review of Soundarie David Rodigo
hello, It has been stated that my text in the above page violates the copyrights as it is the same text that has been used in the following website. http://sirasatv.lk/slgt/saudarie/
I would like to bring to your notice, that I am the owner of the said text,as it was provided by me as my biography to the said website. The same text has been used in many other websites and interviews online as i give the same profile/biography to publishers. therefore it is not in violation of any copyright, as it was written by me. Please help me overcome this hurdle and submit my article.
- Kauchis The website clearly states at the bottom of the page "Copyright © 2018 | All Rights Reserved by MTV Channel (PVT) LTD." So you do not own the copyright even though you may have written it. The text however is entirely unsuited to an encyclopedia article, so will need to be re-written in any case using independent reliable sources. Theroadislong (talk) 18:49, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
there is one another image on commons for Manish Goswami
Hello, thanks for the good faith edits on an article I started Manish Goswami I have a question there is one image on him uploaded by another user on Commons Manish Goswami Image tell me if we can use this? --Siddharth 🤙🏻 Talk To Me!! 07:44, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
June events with WIR
- Erssayman I am not an admin. Have you tried Religious interpretations of the Big Bang theory. Theroadislong (talk) 18:04, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Erssayman and Theroadislong: There is no such thing as VALID religious information when it comes to the Big Bang. Religion is a a belief system and independent of any valid information. Religion does not depend on facts (information) but on faith. Facts (information) that invalidates belief, results only in entrenchment of the believer into his belief.Oldperson (talk) 18:34, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
Bare URL's hopefully fixed with reFill - please advise!
I've fixed bare URLs with the reFill on the page Draft:Anita_Andreis, as you suggested. Thank you so much!! That saved me a lot of time!
I need your help still!
- I wonder if the links are now ok, or should I add dates (on a refill page it says not to add them) on those citations which didn't retrieve it automatically? If yes. Which date? The original date of an article or today when I retrieved it?
- Since the majority of links are in Croatian language and now they have their original headlines, should I add an English translation with the citation to ease a verification process?
- Some articles are also available in Print - Newspaper Article, but I wanted to avoid using those since I have no idea how to prove them? To upload scans or? It sounded too complicated so I stuck to internet sources mainly, although some internet articles were also published in print, so that was most convenient to do.
Thank you so much!
I hope you'll reply soon!
removed not relevant info,
i have been working hard for the article and asking for help how to make it relevant. Now that you have deleted it, I dont know if I am supposed to keep working on it to improve and get in-depth coverage or leave and work on something new. Also the article is still in draft. am i suppose to move it somewhere? I am sorry but I am learning slowly https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:The_Minds_Journal
I recently added stuff to my page to make it look a bit better.
Is there any chance you could help by adding my contributions to the "contributions" tab I have added, as I don't know how to do it.
The Draft:Daniel S. Milo
Dear Theroadislong. First, thank you for your attention. It helped a lot. Do you think the Draft:Daniel S. Milo is ready now for another submission? if not, I wonder if you'll agree that we'll turn it into a Stub. Thanks again, Aumora (talk) 12:27, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- Dear Theroadislong, would you agree for re-submit? Aumora (talk) 10:54, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
- Feel free to re-submit I will leave it to another reviewer to take a look though, to be fair. Theroadislong (talk) 10:57, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
- Dear Theroadislong, Thanks for the help. I have re-submited, the draft been shortened by 60%, and all content is now sourced. Whole sections were removed, partly because the sources are Hebrew only. The English was twice revised by two different persons. I'll be happy if it'll be approved asap. Thank you again, and be in touch. Aumora (talk) 13:05, 22 May 2019 (UTC)
- Feel free to re-submit I will leave it to another reviewer to take a look though, to be fair. Theroadislong (talk) 10:57, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
- Dear Theroadislong, would you agree for re-submit? Aumora (talk) 10:54, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
- Dear Theroadislong, can you reply for my last message? Thank you so much, Aumora Aumora (talk) 11:06, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- Aumora I replied above "I will leave it to another reviewer to take a look" Theroadislong (talk) 11:15, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- Dear Theroadislong, can you reply for my last message? Thank you so much, Aumora Aumora (talk) 11:06, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
Copy edit in sandbox
Can I copy edit in my Sandbox without the risk of committing errors or be accused of disruptive editing?
Rejected article confused
Hi there, I'm confused. Can you please tell me what the difference between my article about Raasay House and this article that has been accepted is!?
- Your draft is poorly sourced please read WP:REFB and is stuffed full of promotional trumpery…“Raasay House offers a range of outdoor activities including coasteering, kayaking and sailing as well as RIB boat trips.” “21 guest bedrooms ranging from huge deluxe rooms to dormitory beds” “Raasay House is excellently appointed with the bar,” is all totally unacceptable content. Theroadislong (talk) 21:36, 26 May 2019 (UTC)
29 May 2019 Submission of Margot Friedlander by MinatoAri
I saw that you had rejected my article submission. The article I was working on was a translation of the German article of the same name, and I do not have any references to add to the article. Is it ok to publish, or will it just not be allowed on the site?
Thank you, MinatoAri
- Your draft Draft:Margot Friedlander has insufficient sources at the moment, all content should be sourced, the English Wikipedia is slightly more strict on this than other countries. I am sure that sources exist, they do not have to be in English either. Theroadislong (talk) 08:32, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
Where is the page I want to work on that I left in my sandbox?
I left a page in my sandbox that needed corrections or I submitted it and it was rejected, but I can no longer find it. I put a lot of time and work into it and would like to make the necessary correction to get it published. Where can I find it? Thanks.Billgroll (talk) 00:11, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
- Billgroll It appears to have been deleted as an abandoned draft, by User:Sphilbrick I declined it at AFC because it had no sources.If there is to be an article on Howard B. Stroud Sr then you will need to demonstrate notability, you need to provide references to articles written about him in unrelated, independent journals, magazines, books, etc. Theroadislong (talk) 06:34, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
- Billgroll, See WP:REFUND/G13 if you want it back. S Philbrick(Talk) 12:07, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
AFC submission template - language parameter fixed
I have just received your message regarding Spaceslide article. My intention was to message you before I submitted this, as is the Wikipedia best practice.
This article is a factual account of Spaceslide, a company owned by Home Decor. There is no advertising here whatsoever. I'd like to point you towards the B&Q page, which this is modelled off, how does this differ? What else would you require to accept this page?
We have been creating this page from a non-advertising background for some time now, we are a little stuck as to how we are supposed to proceed, as this page does not differ from the thousands of other factual records of businesses that exist on Wikipedia.
- Agrove11 Firstly Wikipedia accounts are strictly for single person use, who is "we"? Notability is judged by looking at the depth of coverage in independent, reliable, secondary sources, we have no interest in what the company says about itself on it’s own website. The B&Q refers to a broad range of independent reliable sources whereas your draft does not. Theroadislong (talk) 16:48, 29 May 2019 (UTC)
Is there anyway you can help me with this article M.A.C. (rapper)
Can you please tell me why my article was rejected? I see lots of directors and photographers on Wikipedia. Please help me fix what is needed to achieve my submission. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Zroxuf (talk • contribs) 21:20, 31 May 2019 (UTC) Your draft Draft:Kiarash Behain has one poor quality source  Notability is judged by looking at the depth of coverage in independent, reliable, secondary sources, you have none so far. Theroadislong (talk) 21:23, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
Hey there, I replaced the youtube links (cause they had FOX and ABC interviews about my craft) and put other references. Can you check now if it's correct? Thank you — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ilyasshas (talk • contribs) 18:55, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
User ID: Nmalguri Page Title : Prof Mahesh Tandon
I have created a page for Prof Mahesh Tandon, who is one of the greatest Structural Engineer of India. He has published so many articles and has so received so much recognition and awards and still his page has been declined. I have put several independent sources (link to websites) where his accomplishments are mentioned.
Please let me know where I went wrong which has lead to decline in the request of page.