|Don't worry about making an article perfect. Just make it better.|
(Motto of the Day, July 30, 2007)
This is the talk page for Miniapolis
(who is proud to be a Wikipedia editor)
and is in fond memory of Corinne
, one of WP's very best copyeditors. Although I can be reached by email, I prefer keeping discussions on-wiki as much as possible. Due to time constraints
, I no longer accept direct copyedit requests
; please list articles requiring copyediting for GAN
and the like on the Guild of Copy Editors request page
(and consider pitching in with the GOCE, which can always use more help!). Since I take the occasional wikibreak, feel free to undo any administrative action I've taken as you see fit.
|This user is currently feeling discouraged about Wikipedia and is taking an off-and-on wikibreak due to loss of motivation. |
Your help in cheering this user up would be appreciated.
They will return when their wikistress has dissipated, and their confidence in the wikicommunity has been restored.
A barnstar for you!Edit
||The Copyeditor's Barnstar
|Your contributions have absolutely not gone unnoticed; I award you this Copyeditor's Barnstar to thank you for copyediting Roar! I want to also thank you for wishing me the best on the article's peer/FA review. NowIsntItTime(chats)(doings) 23:40, 25 October 2019 (UTC)
- Glad to help. Good luck and all the best, Miniapolis 23:51, 25 October 2019 (UTC)
The article Shinya Kogami is being reviewed for GA. Despite having its prose revised, the reviewers says the article needs a copyedit. If you could give it a look I would appreciate it. Cheers.Tintor2 (talk) 02:03, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
- I'll do what I can, time permitting. In the future, please have an article copyedited before nominating it for GA. All the best, Miniapolis 02:10, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
- The copyedit is done. Good luck and all the best, Miniapolis 20:52, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
The Signpost: 31 October 2019Edit
MediaWiki message delivery
This newsletter comes a little earlier than usual because the backlog is rising again and the holidays are coming very soon.
- Getting the queue to 0
There are now 728 holders of the New Page Reviewer flag! Most of you requested the user right to be able to do something about the huge backlog but it's still roughly less than 10% doing 90% of the work. Now it's time for action.
Exactly one year ago there were 'only' 3,650 unreviewed articles, now we will soon be approaching 7,000 despite the growing number of requests for the NPR user right. If each reviewer soon does only 2 reviews a day over five days, the backlog will be down to zero and the daily input can then be processed by every reviewer doing only 1 review every 2 days - that's only a few minutes work on the bus on the way to the office or to class! Let's get this over and done with in time to relax for the holidays.
Want to join? Consider adding the NPP Pledge userbox.
Our next newsletter will announce the winners of some really cool awards.
Admin Barkeep49 has been officially invested as NPP/NPR coordinator by a unanimous consensus of the community. This is a complex role and he will need all the help he can get from other experienced reviewers.
- This month's refresher course
Paid editing is still causing headaches for even our most experienced reviewers: This official Wikipedia article will be an eye-opener to anyone who joined Wikipedia or obtained the NPR right since 2015. See The Hallmarks to know exactly what to look for and take time to examine all the sources.
- It is now possible to select new pages by date range. This was requested by reviewers who want to patrol from the middle of the list.
- It is now also possible for accredited reviewers to put any article back into the New Pages Feed for re-review. The link is under 'Tools' in the side bar.
- Reviewer Feedback
Would you like feedback on your reviews? Are you an experienced reviewer who can give feedback to other reviewers? If so there are two new feedback pilot programs. New Reviewer mentorship will match newer reviewers with an experienced reviewer with a new reviewer. The other program will be an occasional peer review cohort for moderate or experienced reviewers to give feedback to each other. The first cohort will launch November 13.
- Second set of eyes
- Not only are New Page Reviewers the guardians of quality of new articles, they are also in a position to ensure that pages are being correctly tagged for deletion and maintenance and that new authors are not being bitten. This is an important feature of your work, especially while some routine tagging for deletion can still be carried out by non NPR holders and inexperienced users. Read about it at the Monitoring the system section in the tutorial. If you come across such editors doing good work, don't hesitate to encourage them to apply for NPR.
- Do be sure to have our talk page on your watchlist. There are often items that require reviewers' special attention, such as to watch out for pages by known socks or disruptive editors, technical issues and new developments, and of course to provide advice for other reviewers.
- Arbitration Committee
The annual ArbCom election will be coming up soon. All eligible users will be invited to vote. While not directly concerned with NPR, Arbcom cases often lead back to notability and deletion issues and/or actions by holders of advanced user rights.
- Community Wish list
There is to be no wish list for WMF encyclopedias this year. We thank Community Tech for their hard work addressing our long list of requirements which somewhat overwhelmed them last year, and we look forward to a successful completion.
To opt-out of future mailings, you can remove yourself here
) 08:33, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (October 2019).
Guideline and policy news
- A related RfC is seeking the community's sentiment for a binding desysop procedure.
The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking to improve the community consultation outreach process for Foundation policies, and we are interested in why you didn't participate in a recent consultation that followed a community discussion you’ve been part of.
Please fill out this short survey to help us improve our community consultation process for the future. It should only take about three minutes.
Thank you for your participation, Kbrown (WMF) 10:45, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
- Wow, that was a while ago Good luck with GA and all the best, Miniapolis 03:24, 17 November 2019 (UTC)
ArbCom 2019 election voter messageEdit