Augustine Miles Kelechi (born stage name Tekno Miles or simply Tekno, is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, producer, performer and dancer. He is a descent of Ebonyi state. He was born in Bauchi, Bauchi State, Nigeria.December 17, 1992) popularly known by his
|Birth name||Augustine Miles Kelechi Edgar|
|Also known as||Golden Boy of Africa|
December 17, 1992 |
Bauchi, Bauchi State, Nigeria
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer, dancer|
|Instruments||Vocals piano guitar|
Early life and beginningsEdit
Born Augustine Miles Kelechi is a descent of Ebonyi State. He was born in Bauchi State. He grew up in several parts of the country including Nassarawa, Kaduna and Abuja due to the fact that his father was a member of the Nigerian Army. At the age of 8, Tekno Miles was enrolled in a music school where he learnt and mastered the rudiments of playing the piano and guitar.
Tekno Miles was first signed under K-Money Entertainment. His first single titled "Holiday" was released under the imprint. With featured vocals from Davido, "Holiday" was positively accepted and gained massive airplay.
In 2012 while in Abuja, Tekno Miles was spotted by renowned Nigerian comedian Julius Agwu at an event after Tekno Miles received a standing ovation following the performance of a song titled "Onye Ne Kwu", his remix of Ice Prince's "Oleku". It was at the same event he met Iyanya and Ubi Franklyn, the manager of Made Men Music Group who he became friends with. Ubi and Iyanya eventually encouraged Tekno Miles to move to Lagos to further his music career
On October 5, 2013, he signed a music contract with Made Men Music Group under which he released singles like "Dance" and "Anything" which won him a nomination in the "Best New act of the Year" category at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. On June 18, 2015, Tekno Miles released his hit single titled "Duro" which was positively received. A remix which featured Phyno and Flavour N'abania was released on November 16, 2015. "Duro" was produced by DJ Coublon. It topped several charts in Nigeria and on the international scene, it peaked at #5 on Capital XTRA's "Afrobeats Chart: Top 10" for September 2015. On November 20, 2015, Tekno Miles released a single titled "Wash". The song was produced by DJ Coublon with the video directed by AJE Films.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Award ceremony||Prize||Recipient/Nominated work||Result||Ref|
|2014||2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards||Best New Act of The Year||Himself||Nominated|
|2015||9th Nigeria Music Video Awards||Best Pop Extra Video||"Duro"||Won|||
|2016||2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards||Hottest Single||Nominated|||
|Best Music Video of the Year||Nominated|||
|Afropop Artist of the Year||Himself||Nominated|||
|2016||MTV Africa Music Awards 2016||Best New Act||Himself||Won|||
|WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards||African Video of the Year
Best African Male Video
Best West African Video
Best Afro Pop Video
|2017||BET Award 2017||Best International Act Africa||Nominated|||
- Fayemi, Daniel (9 November 2013). "I snubbed Jim Iyke, others to join Iyanya's Triple MG, TEKNO reveals". Ecomium Weekly. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- Okafor, Onnaedo (23 October 2014). "Tekno Miles: 10 Minutes With The 'Dance' Crooner". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "PREMIERE: Tekno ft Davido – Holiday (Prod by Gospel)". NotJustOk. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Made Men Music Group Officially Sign Tekno On His Birthday". Information Nigeria. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- Abimboye, Micheal (31 May 2014). "Pop duo, Skuki, reject Nigerian Entertainment Awards nomination". Premium Times. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Will Tekno Be the Next Nigerian Pop Star to Break In North America?". billboard.com. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "REVIEW: Wizkid – Final (Baba Nla) + Tekno – Duro (Remix) ft. Flavour & Phyno". Video Wheels. 16 November 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Song Review: Tekno – Duro". Infolited. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Afrobeats Chart: Top 10 (September 2015)". Capital XTRA. 5 September 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "VIDEO: Tekno – Wash". tooXclusive. 3 December 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- Adedayo Showemimo (13 September 2016). "1 year after, NMVA announce 2015 winners". Nigerian Entertainment Today. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Nominations are Here! Find out who Made the 2016 Nigerian Entertainment Awards Nominees List". BellaNaija. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- Alyssa Klein (22 October 2016). "The Full List of MTV Africa Music Awards 2016 Winners". OkayAfrica. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- Mawuli, David. "WAMVA 2016: Bisa Kdei, Shatta Wale, Sarkodie, Wizkid, Flavour, others nominated". pulse.com.gh. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- domchido. "BET 2017: Wizkid, Tekno, Davido Nominated For Best International Act Africa". emmodaily.com. Retrieved 2017-05-15.