NotJustOk is a Nigerian music download website created in June 2006 by Ademola Ogundele. With over 1.2 million viewers per month, from 183 countries, it is one of the most visited websites in Nigeria.
Type of site
Coined from Seth Godin's book Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable, NotJustOk was started as a personal blog by Ademola Ogundele in 2006. It evolved into a music website after Ademola posted a clip of 9ice's performance at Nelson Mandela's 90th anniversary concert, which rapidly increased the traffic of the website. Currently with few employees, NotJustOk is managed by Ademola Ogundele and Ovie Ofugara.
Described as "a revolution in Nigerian music" by Isioma Osaje of YNaija, NotJustOk delivers music and music videos from the hip hop and contemporary music genres. It also allows artists to upload their songs to the public through an online platform called MyNotJustOk. The website contributed to the sales of popular music albums, including Superstar by Wizkid, The W Experience by Banky W, C.E.O by Da Grin, and M.I.2 by M.I.
NotJustOk was voted the "Best Nigerian Music Website" at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. It was also voted "Blog of The Year" at the 2013 edition of the Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
NotJustOk Music ConcertEdit
NotjustOk Music Concert is an annual music concert organised by NotJustOk. The first NotJustOk Music Concert was held on 17 December 2011.
Awards and nominationsEdit
This list is incomplete; you can help by adding missing items. (May 2015)
|Year||Award ceremony||Award description||Result|
|2011||City People Entertainment Awards||Music Website of The Year||Won|
|2012||City People Entertainment Awards||Music Website of The Year||Won|
|2013||2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards||Blog of The Year||Won|
|2013||City People Entertainment Awards||Music Website of The Year||Won|
|2014||Black Weblog Award||Best Music Blog||Won|
|2014||City People Entertainment Awards||Music Website of The Year||Won|
- ^ Funsho Arogundade (28 January 2013). "Nigeria's Super Bloggers". P.M. News. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- ^ a b Isioma Osaje (4 June 2012). "From the Magazine: More than just ok – what makes the NotJustOk site a hit". YNaija. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- ^ Chioma Nkemdilim (13 April 2015). "More Than 'Just Okay', Interview With NotJustOk Founder Ademola Ogundele". Techcabal. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- ^ "Leading Nigerian Music Site NotJustOk.Com Launches Innovative Music Platform "MyNotJustOk"". BellaNaija. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- ^ "Meet Winners Of The 5th City People Entertainment Awards". City People Group. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- ^ "Mo'Hits, Choc Boiz, Waje, Others For NotjustOk Music Concert". Nigerian Entertainment Today. 27 November 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2022.
- ^ "2014 Black Weblog Award Winners". Black Weblog Awards. 1 November 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2015.