This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
BellaNaija is a lifestyle, entertainment and fashion website in Africa. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, its social footprint has grown through its collective brands - BellaNaija.com, BellaNaija Weddings and BellaNaija Style - to be the largest on the African continent with more than 200 million impressions each month.
Type of site
|Entertainment, Fashion, lifestyle, Weddings|
|Alexa rank||20,400 (27 May 2020[update])|
|Launched||2 June 2006|
BellaNaija was founded by Uche Eze in 2006 as a media startup which later metamorphosed into BellaNaija.com while studying for her undergraduate degree at the Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, Canada. The platform was founded to showcase the evolving Nigerian and African landscape in a way that was truly representative of the exciting positive developments in the Entertainment, Fashion & Lifestyle industry. BellaNaija in its early form featured scanned magazine articles, pictures and interviews of Nigerian fashion personalities. Uche maintained a low profile, with her identity hidden until BellaNaija began to have over 1 million hits every month, at which time she unveiled the personality behind the brand.
Community Impact is at the core of the BellaNaija brand, through its #BNDoGood Initiative. Every year, BellaNaija supports various non-profit organisations and community based initiatives.
In 2013, BellaNaija was ranked 4th in AfricaRanking's "Top 10 African Entertainment Websites"., other achievements include:
- BellaNaija honoured at The BeiBei Haven Foundation Pink & Blue Ball
- Uche Pedro & BellaNaija mentioned in the SME 100 List of 100 most innovative female-owned businesses in Nigeria.
- Launch of the BellaNaija Style site in October 2017
- Launch of the BellaNaija Weddings site in October 2018
- Partnering with the United Nations Office of the Commissioner for Human Rights for International Women’s Day 2017 #BNxUNOHCHR
- Being a part of the Chivas The Venture Finale as the only media platform from Nigeria to have covered it
- Completing the Stanford Seed programme
- BellaNaija was Quoted in UN’s Press Review of the New Secretary-General alongside AFP, AP, CNN, The Guardian, among others.
- BBNWonderland - BN Lead Weddings Flagship Event with Baileys
|2010||Africa Fashion Week||Outstanding Contribution to Fashion Communication Award||Nominated|
|2012||FAB Awards||Online Publication of the Year||Won|
|2015||Creative Industries Awards||Creative Industries Awards for Bloggers||Won|||
|2016||La Mode Awards||BellaNaija Style - Outstanding Recognition for contribution to the Fashion and Entertainment Industry||Won|
|Nigerian Fashion and Style Awards||BellaNaija Style - Fashion Support||Nominated|||
|African Entertainment Award||BellaNaija - Most Popular Site||Won|||
|Beatz Awards||BellaNaija -Best Blog||Won|||
|2017||APPOEMN’s TEIC||BellaNaija Weddings - Wedding/Event blog of the Year Award||Won|||
|Corporate Communications Award||BellaNaija - Special Media Recognition||Won|||
|Beatz Awards||BellaNaija - Best Blog||Won|||
|Glitz Style Award||BellaNaija Style - Fashion Blog of the Year (Africa)||Won|||
|2018||Beatz Awards||BellaNaija - Best Blog||Won|
- "BellaNaija.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- "Uche Eze, founder of BellaNaija.com, visits Hult's London campus". Hlt International Business School. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "The Story of Uche Eze Founder of BellaNaija". Daily Mail Nigeria. 29 September 2014. Archived from the original on 22 July 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Uche Pedro - The startup story of this Nigerian online media sensation". Lionesses of Africa Website. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "Latest on #BNDoGood - . Read on BellaNaija - January 28, 2019". BellaNaija. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "Top 10 African Entertainment Websites". AfricaRanking. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "The BeiBei Haven Foundation Pink & Blue Ball raised funds for Families with Infertility, Baby Loss & Genotype Challenges | BellaNaija honoured". BellaNaija. 2017-06-26. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "The 100 Most Innovative Female Owned Businesses in Nigeria – 100talks". Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "BellaNaijaStyle.com is LIVE!". BellaNaija. 2017-10-26. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "www.BellaNaijaWeddings.com is Live!". BellaNaija. 2018-09-26. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "#WomensRightsAreHumanRights! BellaNaija Partners with the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights". BellaNaija. 2017-03-07. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "BellaNaija's Adesola Takes LA! Follow the Excitement as She Attends 'Chivas - The Venture' 2017 Finale!". BellaNaija. 2017-07-12. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "Uche Pedro". OKAYAFRICA's 100 WOMEN. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- "YAY! BellaNaija Quoted in UN's Press Review of the New Secretary-General". BellaNaija. 2017-01-13. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- WDN (2016-10-21). "5 Amazing Moments You Need to See from Baileys Nigeria & BellaNaija Weddings' #BBNWonderland 2016". Wedding Digest Naija. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- Adiele, Chinedu. "Creative Industry Awards 2015: Don Jazzy, Ayo Makun, Tony Elumelu, Bank Of Industry, others win big". Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Yemi Alade, Timaya, Toke Makinwa, DJ Cuppy, BellaNaija.com nominated for the 2016 Nigeria Fashion and Style Awards - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Yay! BellaNaija nominated for "Most Popular Blog Site" for the 2016 African Entertainment Legend Awards | See Full List of Nominees - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Thank You BellaNaijarians; We Won at the Beatz Awards 2.0! Kiss Daniel, DJ Cuppy, Cobhams Asuquo & More also Emerge Winners – See Full List - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Yay! BellaNaija Weddings bags "Wedding/Event Blogger of the Year" Award at APPOEMN's TEIC 2017 - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Tampiri Irimagha-Akemu, Adesuwa Onyenokwe, Dr. Ikechukwu Obiaya, Communication Professionals & Outstanding Brands Shine at the Maiden Edition of Corporate Communications Awards - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Thank You BellaNaijarians, We Won at the Beatz Awards 3! Tekno, DJ Spinall, Cobhams Asuquo also Emerge Winners | See Full List - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "BellaNaija Style wins Fashion Blog of the Year (Africa) at Glitz Style Awards 2017 - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2018-12-03.