2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
The 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards took place on 31 August 2014, at the Skirball Center for the Performing Arts in New York City. The eligibility period was from March 2013 to March 2014. In April 2014, the NEA reviewing committee began collecting submissions for the 2014 edition. The deadline for submission was April 30, 2014, and the nominations were announced on May 29, 2014. Tiwa Savage and Davido received the most nominations with 5 each. Don Jazzy, Flavour N'abania and Wizkid all got four nominations each, while Olamide, Patoranking, Chidinma and Oritse Femi followed closely with three nominations.
|2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards|
|Date||August 31, 2014|
|Location||Skirball Center for the Performing Arts |
New York City, New York, U.S
The ceremony featured performances from artist such as El Phlex, Harrysong, Skales, Orezi, Shatta Wale, Wande Coal, J. Martins, Praiz, WizzyPro, RunTown and Patoranking. Davido won a total of 3 awards, including the Male Artist of the Year award. Tiwa Savage took home two awards for Female Artiste of the Year and Best Pop/RnB Artiste of the Year. Patoranking won the Best New Act of the Year award, while Ayo Jay emerged as the Most Promising Act to Watch. In the acting category, Tope Tedela and Funke Akindele emerged Best Actor in a Lead Role and Best Actress in a Lead Role respectively. The Best Gospel Act award went to Frank Edwards. Ghanaian reggae musician. Shatta Wale toppled Sarkodie, Mafikizolo, Mi Casa, Fally Ipupa, Uhuru and R2Bees for the African Artist of the Year award.
- Best Album of the Year
- Baddest Guy Ever Liveth – Olamide
Hottest Single of the YearEdit
- "Pull Over" – Kcee featuring Wizkid
- "Aye" – Davido
Best New Act of the YearEdit
Gospel Artist of the YearEdit
Indigenous Artist of the YearEdit
Best Pop/R&B Artist of the YearEdit
Female Artist of the YearEdit
Male Artist of the YearEdit
Best Rap Act of the YearEdit
Music Producer of the YearEdit
Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director)Edit
- "Rands and Naira" – Emmy Gee and Nick
- "Gallardo" – Runtown featuring Davido
Most Promising Act to WatchEdit
- Ayo Jay
- Koko J
- DJ Mo
Diaspora Artist of the YearEdit
African Artist of the Year (Non-Nigerian)Edit
Best Actor in a Lead RoleEdit
- Tope Tedela (A Mile from Home)
Best Supporting ActorEdit
- Yomi Fash-Lanso (Omo Elemosho)
Best Actress in a Lead RoleEdit
- Funke Akindele (Agnetta O’Mpa)
Best Supporting ActressEdit
- Genevieve Nnaji (Half of a Yellow Sun)
- Desmond Elliott (Finding Mercy)
Entertainment Personality of the YearEdit
Entertainment Executive of the YearEdit
- E-Money – Five Star Records
- Yaw – Wazobia FM
Funniest Comedian of YearEdit
- DJ Tunez – New York
- DJ IK – Nigeria
- DJ Shinski – Houston
- DJ Cuppy – UK
- DJ Flexx – Nigeria
- DJ Spinall – Nigeria
- DJ Xclusive – Nigeria
- "2014 NEA Awards – Nominees Submission". NotjustOk.com. 3 April 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Genevieve Nnaji, Don Jazzy, Chinwetel Ejiofor nominated for NEA Awards". bellanaija.com. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- Abimboye, Micheal (31 May 2014). "Pop duo, Skuki, reject Nigerian Entertainment Awards nomination". Premium Times. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Breaking News – Wande Coal, Skuki Win Big At Hiphopworld Awards". Nigerian Entertainment Today. 30 May 2010. Archived from the original on 4 July 2014. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- Micheal Abimboye. "Nigeria: Tiwa Savage, Davido, Win Big At NEA Awards". Premium Times. allAfrica.com. Retrieved 3 September 2014.