|Born||8 January 1980|
Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
|Occupation||Filmmaker, music video and television director|
Born in Lagos on 8 January 1980, Kemi Adetiba started her journey into the media as a young child where she headlined two national television commercials for the iconic detergent brand OMO, toeing the path of her father, Dele Adetiba, a veteran in the advertising and broadcast industries who played a pivotal role in the development in Nigeria.
Kemi started out professionally as a radio presenter with Rhythm 93.7 FM, where she became the voice behind two nationally syndicated hit shows: Soul’d Out and Sunday at the Seaside. Adetiba started anonymously posting personal remixes online on various applications such as Spotify and Soundcloud under the username and tag 'hule'.
Kemi Adetiba began to make a transition from being a voice on radio to being a face on television by producing and presenting several shows on Mnet, which includes Studio 53, Temptation Nigeria which she presented alongside Ikponmwosa Osakioduwa. Kemi was also a presenter on Soundcity TV and hosted Maltina Dance All for three consecutive seasons.
After years of success being in front of the camera, Adetiba enrolled into the New York Film Academy to learn the ropes about being behind the cameras and today, her bodies of work as a director are spread across the African continent and beyond its borders. Kemi Adetiba's short film Across a Bloodied Ocean was screened at the 2009 Pan African Film Festival and National Black Arts Festival.
On 8 September 2016, Kemi Adetiba's first feature film "The Wedding Party" (a Nigerian Rom-com film) premiered opening night, at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), as the opening film of the City-to-City Spotlight.
Awards and nominationsEdit
Some of the awards her works have won include Best Female Video for the song "Ekundayo" by TY Bello at the Soundcity TV Music Video Awards, Best Female Video for the song "Today na Today" by Omawumi at the 2010 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. Adetiba's most recent works are music video direction of Waje’s "Onye" which features Tiwa Savage, Olamide's "Anifowose", "Sitting on the Throne" and Bez's R&B single "Say".
Kemi was nominated for Best Music Video Director of the Year at The Headies 2014. She won the City People Entertainment Award for Best Music Video Director Of The Year (2015) and a HNWOTY Award for Woman of the Year in Film and Television (2017)
- 2017: King Women
- 2015: "Last Bus-Stop" by Niyola
- 2015: "Dance Go (Eau de Vie)" for Hennessy Artistry '15 (feat. Wizkid and 2face Idibia)
- 2015: "Out A Magazine" by Lindsey Abudei
- 2014:"My Darlin" by Tiwa Savage
- 2014:"My Place" by Lynxxx
- 2014:"Love to Love You" by Niyola (featuring Banky W.)
- 2014:"Sitting on the Throne" by Olamide
- 2014:"Anifowose" by Olamide
- 2014:"Onye" by Waje
- 2013:"Toh Bad" by Niyola
- 2013:"Say" by Bez
- 2012:"If I Die" by Da Grin
- 2012:"Tease Me/Bad Guys" by Wizkid
- 2011:"I Believe" by Ego
- 2011:"Follow You Go" by Banky W.
- 2011:"The Future" by TY Bello
- 2010:"Fall in Love" by Ego
- 2010:"Lagos Party" by Banky W.
- 2010:"More You" by Banky W.
- 2011:"Today Na Today" by Omawumi
- 2008:"Ekundayo" by TY Bello
- "Being only female director? No big deal". Vanguard News.
- "Kemi Adetiba: Sworn To Defend All Visual Images - Nigerian News from Leadership Newspapers". Nigerian News from Leadership Newspapers.
- "Kemi Adetiba Gets Really Naughty For Her 34th Birthday [PHOTOS] | Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Number 1 Entertainment Daily". Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Number 1 Entertainment Daily. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Okafor, Onnaedo. "Kemi Adetiba: 6 Things You Didn't Know About Nigeria's 'Bruce Lee of Visuals'". pulse.ng. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Pulse (11 April 2012). "Media Personality, Kemi Adetiba- "I Have Been Blessed!!!"".
- "Happenings - CELEB OF THE WEEK: Kemi Adetiba, Taking The Media By Storm".
- Editor. "Kemi Adetiba honoured by Headies and BenTv Nominations". Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Number 1 Entertainment Daily.
- "Kemi Adetiba bags best music video director City People Entertainment Awards - Entertainment afriqueEntertainment afrique". Entertainment afrique. 17 August 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Kemi Adetiba Remains Thankful As She Bags Her Latest Achievement". Fab Woman Ng. 12 November 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Nigerians react to Kemi adetibas new project KING WOMAN".
- "New Video: Lynxxx & Stephanie Coker In "My Place"". Channels Television.
- "Niyola goes topless for new video".
- "Olamide "Baddo" Drops Hot New Videos - Channels Television". Channels Television.
- "Waje Release "Onye" Video Featuring Tiwa Savage". Channels Television.
- "Niyola releases new video".
- "Bez Drops New Video, Say". Channels Television.