Patience Ozokwor (born September 14, 1958) is a Nigerian musician, fashion designer, gospel singer and actress. She won the Best Supporting Actress 2012 & 2013 award at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards. Ozokwor was among 100 Nigerians honoured by the government to celebrate the amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorates in 2014.
Ozokwor on set (first from the right, in a floral blouse)
|Born||September 14, 1958 (age 61)|
|Occupation||Actress, musician, fashion designer|
Ozokwor was born in the village of Amaobo, Ngwo, Enugu State, Nigeria, and attended Abimbola Gibson Memorial School in Lagos. Ozokwor had a passion for acting since she was at primary school, where she would act in different stage plays. She later attended Institute of management and technology Enugu, where she obtained a degree in fine and applied arts. Before starting as an actress, she was already a star before acting and first made it into radio drama. She took part in a soap opera by the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) titled Someone Cares. She was married at age 19 and has three biological children and five adopted ones who all bear her name. She lost her husband in the year 2000. She expressed her life's biggest regret as not being able to marry the man of her choice, and also her children preventing her from remarrying after she lost her husband.
Awards And RecognitionEdit
Ozokwor is a multi-award-winning actress. She was honored along 100 other Nigerians in 2014 by President Goodluck Jonathan. Some of her awards include;
- Best Actress in the African Collaboration Category, ‘Untamed’ Ghana Movie Awards, 2012
- Best African Collaboration – Best Actress, ‘Slave Boy’, Ghana Movie Awards, 2013
- International Acclaimed Artist, Centenary Awards by President Goodluck Jonathan, 2014
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role, ‘After the Proposal’ Africa Movie Academy Awards, 2014
- Actress of the Year, Independent Newspapers Limited Awards, 2018
- "Patience Ozorkwor Biography". informafrica.com. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "When Patience Ozokwor stormed London for son's wedding". vanguardngr.com. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "I Miss My Husband's Love And Companion" Patience Ozokwor". pulse.ng. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Patience Ozokwor reveals her real age & why she adopted 5 children". diamondcelebrities.com. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Jonathan decorates Obasanjo, Buhari, IBB, others with centenary awards". vanguardngr.com. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Patience Ozokwor (Mama Gee) – Biography, Late Husband, Children, Facts". BuzzNigeria - Famous People, Celebrity Bios, Updates and Trendy News. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Biography". Kevin Onuma for Inform Africa. 8 May 2012.
- Denis (24 March 2019). "Patience Ozokwor opens up on what she regrets most in life". Denisonyeka. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- "Kcee Patience Ozorkwor, Chiwetalu Agu, star in singer's 'Agbomma' video". Pulse.com.gh. David Mawuli. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- "Chief Daddy". Netflix. Retrieved 13 June 2019.