Location of Nasarawa State in Nigeria
|Date created||1 October 1996|
|• Governor||Umaru Tanko Al-Makura|
|• Deputy Governor||Silas Ali Agara|
|• Total||27,117 km2 (10,470 sq mi)|
|• Total||$3.02 billion|
|• Per capita||$1,588|
|Time zone||UTC+01 (WAT)|
|ISO 3166 code||NG-NA|
|HDI (2016)||0.506 · 15th of 36|
Local Government AreasEdit
The State has three National Senatorial Districts (South, North and West).
|Nasarawa West Senatorial District||716,802||Nasarawa North Senatorial District||335,453||Nasarawa South Senatorial District||811,020|
List of current Local Government Area Chairmen.
Nasarawa State has agriculture as the mainstay of its economy with the production of varieties of cash crops throughout the year. It also contains various minerals such as salt, baryte, and bauxite, which are mostly mined by artisanal miners.
The state has a College of Education in Akwanga, Federal polytechnic Nasarawa, College of Agriculture in Lafia, Nasarawa State Polytechnic in Lafia, Nasarawa State University in Keffi, a newly established Federal University of Lafia, and other vocational training schools.
There is also the Salt Village in Keana Local Government Area of the State. It produces naturally iodized salt from the lake located near it.The town is also one of the cradles of Alago civilization, one of the major ethnic groups in the state.
- "2006 PHC Priority Tables – NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION". population.gov.ng. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- See List of Governors of Nasarawa State for a list of prior governors
- "C-GIDD (Canback Global Income Distribution Database)". Canback Dangel. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "National Human Development Report 2018" (PDF).
- Brief Data
- 2006 Population Census, Federal Republic of Nigeria, National Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original on 2009-03-25.
- Dreaming of Farin Ruwa | GlobalPost