Premium Times is a Nigerian online newspaper based in Abuja in the Federal Capital Territory.It is a media organisation with a vision to help strengthen Nigeria’s democracy, advance the socio-economic wellbeing and rights of the people, promote and enrich their cultural practices, and advocate for best practices, good governance, transparency and human rights, in line with the values expected of a modern democratic state.It was launched in 2011. The online medium is notable for investigative journalism among other fields.
|Managing editor||Idris Akinbajo|
|Language||English and Hausa|
Awards and nominationsEdit
In 2013, Premium Times was nominated for the 'Website/blog of the year' award at the Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Award. In 2017, Premium Times reporters shared in the Pulitzer Prize for participating in the international consortium that investigated the Panama Papers, revealing corruption and offshore tax havens used by highly placed people. In November 2017, Global Investigative Journalism Network announced that Premium Times was awarded Global Shining Light Award for the investigative work on the extrajudicial killings in Nigeria's South-East and How the Onitsha Massacre of Pro-Biafra supporters was coordinated. In 2020, a Premium Times’ journalist, Oladeinde Olawoyin, emerged the overall winner of the Atupa Media Fellowship on financial journalism award.
- "About Us | Premium Times Nigeria". Retrieved 2021-06-10.
- "About Us". Premium Times. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "Here are the Nominees for Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards 2013". Olori Supergal. 31 October 2013. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Digit, Control (April 11, 2017). "'Fake News' reporters win Pulitzer awards". Business Day Newspaper. Business Day Newspaper. Archived from the original on May 24, 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- GIJN, Staff. "Investigative Stories from Iraq, Nigeria Win Global Shining Light Award". Global Investigative Journalism Network. Global Investigative Journalism Network. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "PREMIUM TIMES' journalist wins financial journalism fellowship award". 2021-02-04. Retrieved 2021-06-10.