Sarrainodu (English: The Right Guy) is a 2016 Indian Telugu-language action film written and directed by Boyapati Srinu. Produced by Allu Aravind under the Geetha Arts banner. The film stars Allu Arjun, Srikanth, Aadhi Pinisetty, Rakul Preet Singh, Catherine Tresa, . S. Thaman composed the film's music and background score. Cinematography is by Rishi punjabi. The Telugu and Malayalam versions of the film was released on 22 April 2016 and became one of the highest grossing Telugu film of 2016. It was also released in Nepal at December 2017 and earn 1.27 million at the box office. 
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Boyapati Srinu|
|Produced by||Allu Aravind|
|Written by||M. Rathnam (Dialogue)|
|Screenplay by||Boyapati Srinu|
|Story by||Boyapati Srinu|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateshwara Rao|
|Box office||₹127 crores|
Gana (Allu Arjun) is a youth who beats crooked people that escape punishment due to faults in the legal system. He is raised by his paternal uncle Sripati (Srikanth), and berated by his father Umapati (Jayaprakash) for leaving the military and not having an aim in life. One day Gana is sent to a neighboring village to meet his prospective bride, Mahalakshmi (Rakul Preet Singh). She is the daughter of his father's friend, Jaya Prakash (Sai Kumar), who is a sincere ex-IAS officer and politician. However, Gana meets Hansitha Reddy (Catherine Tresa), who is revealed to be the local MLA, and falls in love with her. He tells his father that Mahalakshmi rejected him because he gets into fights.
Dhanush (Aadhi Pinisetty) is the son of Chief Minister Reddy (Kitty). Dhanush kills a farmer for refusing to give up his lands. Later, a prominent businessman named Paddam Veerendra (Aadarsh Balakrishna) comes to Dhanush to escape punishment for raping and murdering a college girl. The victim's parents seek the help of Hansitha to get justice. At the trial, a new defense lawyer (Rajiv Kanakala) twists the case, making it seem like the girl provoked her beating by blackmailing Veerendra. The judge decides in favor of the lawyer's argument. The parents of the girl commit suicide. Gana learns about the lawyer and beats him up and also cuts off Veerendra's legs. Dhanush takes this as a challenge to his influence and becomes incensed.
Hansitha falls for Gana and promises to marry him if he swears in the presence of God that he will stand behind her and never get into fights. He is about to do so at the temple when a badly injured Mahalakshmi arrives, running from people who try to kill her. Gana holds her up, beats everyone who tried to kill her, and ultimately gives Mahalakshmi courage.
Narrating a flashback, it is revealed that Mahalakshmi did not reject Gana. Gana had went to Mahalakshmi's house and had saved her from rowdies working for Dhanush. Then, Gana had declined the marriage. Mahalakshmi explains how Dhanush tried to blackmail her father. Her father had been protecting farmers so that they would not have to sell their lands. This infuriated Dhanush, who killed the farmers. When Mahalakshmi intervened, slapping and insulting Dhanush (she had also called him a zero, which angered him more), he killed her father and tried to kill her. She narrowly escaped and had run for four days to find Gana, whom she had fallen in love with.
Gana decides to solve her problems. He goes to Dhanush's home, beats his men, and tries to burn Dhanush alive, but Dhanush escapes. Gana is questioned for the attack but claims that other people beat Dhanush. One of Dhanush's men tells the truth about the atrocities that he committed in the village, and the media is thrown into an uproar.
Dhanush arrives at DGP Ranjit's (Suman) office to surrender but shoots at Ranjit. Dhanush tries to kill Umapati, but Sripati takes the bullets. Reddy stops Dhanush from shooting anyone else and tells Umapati to call Gana and make him surrender to Dhanush. Told that Sripati will only be taken to the hospital if he surrenders, Gana does so and is beaten and stabbed by Dhanush and his men. Reddy then tells Dhanush to kill Sripati, which enrages Gana into killing the thugs and Reddy. Gana then fights Dhanush and decapitates him with an axe when he tries to run over his father and uncle.
A cover story is told that Reddy and Dhanush were killed while trying to protect Ranjit from unknown terrorists. Also, Hansitha is made a candidate to become the new CM.
- Allu Arjun as Gana
- Srikanth as Sripathi
- Aadhi Pinisetty as Vairam Dhanush
- Rakul Preet Singh as Janu aka Mahalakshmi
- Catherine Tresa as MLA Hansitha Reddy
- Suman as DGP Ranjit
- Jayaprakash as Umapati 'U. P.'
- Saikumar as Jaya Prakash 'J. P.'
- Kitty as Chief Minister Reddy
- Vijayakumar as Pedhayya
- Brahmanandam as Umapati's neighbor
- Vinaya Prasad as Gana's mother
- Aadarsh Balakrishna as Paddam Veerendra
- Pradeep Rawat as Obul Reddy
- Devadarshini as Sripati's wife
- Annapoorna as Gana's grandmother
- Vidyullekha Raman as Tamizh Selvi
- Surekha Vani as Padma
- Rajeev Kanakala as Defense Lawyer
- Sameer as Lawyer
- L. B. Sriram as the raped victim's father
- Supreeth Reddy as Dhanush's henchman
- Prabhakar as Dhanush's henchman
- Shravan as Dhanush's henchman
- Prudhviraj as Obul Reddy's henchman
- Anshuman Sahoo as Balangir Baba
- Chalapathi Rao
- Jaya Prakash Reddy
- Geetha Singh
- G. V. Sudhakar Naidu
- Rahul Verma Rajput
- Anjali in the item number "Blockbuster"
Boyapati Srinu wrote the script with Allu Arjun in mind for the lead. He wanted to cast Samantha Ruth Prabhu who acted with Arjun in S/O Satyamurthy (2015), but it did not happen. Catherine Tresa and Rakul Preet Singh were selected for the female lead roles. It is Singh's first collaboration with Arjun and Tresa's third collaboration with him after Iddarammayilatho (2013) and Rudhramadevi (2015). Tamil actor Aadhi was chosen as the main antagonist. Srikanth, Suman and Jayaprakash were chosen for other important roles. Priyamani, Anushka Shetty and Disha Patani were reported to have been approached for an item number. However, it was Anjali who danced in the number with Arjun.
Allu Arjun wanted to release the film on 8 April 2016, his birthday, but the worldwide release date was moved to 22 April 2016.
The film received mixed reviews from critics. Times of India wrote "The film has nothing new to narrate and fails to keep you glued to the seats throughout. The hackneyed plot and lack of novelty make this film a regular watch, this film is something for the masses." 123 Telugu wrote "Sarrainodu is indeed an ooraa mass entertainer. The film has many elements which will enthrall the fans and mass general audience. Bunny's stunning transformation, Aadhi's screen presence and amazing action sequences are huge assets."
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||29 March 2016|
|S. Thaman chronology|
|1.||"Athiloka Sundari"||Ramajogayya Sastry, Bunny Suresh||Vishal Dadlani, Karthik||4:15|
|2.||"You Are My MLA"||Ananth Sriram||Dhanunjay||4:34|
|3.||"Private Party"||Krishna Chaitanya||M. M. Manasi, M.C. Vickey||4:23|
|4.||"Blockbuster"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Shreya Ghoshal, Nakash Aziz, Simha, Sri Krishna, Deepu||5:05|
|5.||"Telusaa Telusaa"||Sri Mani||Jubin Nautiyal, Sameera Bharadwaj||4:25|
|6.||"Sarrainodu"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Hard Kaur, Sonu Kakkar, Brijesh Shandilya, Geetha Madhuri||4:55|
The song Blockbuser S. Thaman was re-used for Tamil film Ayogya
- Best Actor - Allu Arjun - Nominated
- Best Music Director - S. S. Thaman - Nominated
- Best Male Playback Singer - Dhanunjay - "You Are My MLA" - Nominated
- Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor – South - Allu Arjun - Won
- SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role - Srikanth - Won
- Best Female Playback Singer - Shreya Ghoshal- "Blockbuster" - Nominated
Sarrainodu's Hindi-dubbed version is the only Indian film to have 200M+ views and 600k+ likes on YouTube.
- Hooli, Shekhar H (22 April 2016). "'Sarainodu' (Sarrainodu) movie review by audience: Live update". IBTIMES.
- "Sarainodu 'Sarainodu' (Sarainodu) total worldwide box office collection: Allu Arjun's film grosses Rs. 127 crore in its lifetime". International Business Times. Retrieved on 7 July 2016.
- 'Sarainodu' (Sarrainodu) total worldwide box office collection: Allu Arjun's film grosses Rs. 107 crore in its lifetime - International Business Times
- Allu Arjun’s Sarrainodu Hindi version becomes the most watched film on YouTube with 230 million views
- "Sarrainodu - Allu Arjun and Boyapati Sreenu Movie. Archives - Southie". Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Sarrainodu: Watch Allu Arjun shake a leg with Anjali for this Blockbuster song". Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Anjali not Anushka to shake leg with Bunny in Sarainodu". Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Sarrainodu (2017) Official Hindi Dubbed Trailer | Allu Arjun, Rakul Preet Singh
- Sarrainodu Movie On SONY MAX | Times Of India
- Hooli, Shekhar H. "'Sarainodu' (Sarrainodu) 17-day box office collection: Allu Arjun starrer crosses Rs. 100 crore mark in 3rd weekend". Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- 'Sarainodu' review round-up: Allu Arjun-Rakul Preet-starrer bags mixed verdict, good ratings from critics. Ibtimes.co.in (24 April 2016). Retrieved on 2016-07-03.
- Sarrainodu review: Marred by a yawn-inducing plot. The Hindu (2016-04-22). Retrieved on 2016-07-03.
- Sarrainodu Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (22 April 2016). Retrieved on 2016-07-03.
- "Allu Arjun, Rakul Preet and Catherine Tresa's 'Sarrainodu' creates s record on YouTube". Retrieved 20 March 2018.