This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
28 August 1959
|Years active||1977 - Present|
Suman was born on 29 August 1959 in a Tulu-speaking family in Mangaluru of present-day Karnataka. His mother, Kesari Chandra, was the Principal of the Ethiraj College for women in Chennai. His father, Susheel Chandra, worked for I.O.C. Chennai. He attended The Besant Theosophical High School, Chennai and completed a B.A. in English Literature. Suman learnt music and Sanskrit from H.A.S. Shastri.
Suman started his career in the role of a police officer in the Tamil movie Neechal kulam (1979) produced by T. R. Ramanna. In a career spanning almost 4 decades, he has acted in more than 150 Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and English language films.
He returned to acting by playing the villain in the Tamil films Sivaji (2007) and Kuruvi.(2008). He was cast as the main antagonist in the Malayalam movie Sagar alias Jacky. He won Nandi Award for Best Actor for the film Bava Bavamaridi in 1993. He has also won the Asianet Film Honour Special Jury Award in 2009.
Suman also appeared in the independent Hollywood film Death And Taxis in 2004.
He is married to Sirisha, and they have a daughter.
- "నటనలో ఆల్ ఇన్ వన్... సుమన్". Sitara (in Telugu). Retrieved 15 December 2020.
- Tuluva Hero. Mangalore Today News Network. Mangalore, 24 October 2012, mangaloretoday.com
- "Suman recalls services of Jayashankar". The Hindu. 20 July 2011. Retrieved 27 December 2020.
- "Actor Suman talks about 'Amma Nanna O Sneham' | Telugu Movie News - Times of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Nandi Awards - 1993 - Winners & Nominees".