This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bhatt at Tommy Hilfiger's Footwear Launch
|Native name||पूजा भट्ट|
24 February 1972 |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Occupation||Actress, producer, director|
|Spouse(s)||Manish Makhija (2003–2014) (separated)|
|Relatives||Mukesh Bhatt (uncle)
Rahul Bhatt (brother)
Alia Bhatt (half-sister)
Emraan Hashmi (cousin)
See Bhatt family
Bhatt was born on 24 February 1972 to Mahesh Bhatt and Kiran Bhatt (born Loraine Bright). On her father's side, Bhatt is of predominately Gujarati descent and on her mother's side, she is of English, Scottish, Armenian, and Burmese ancestry. She is the step-daughter of Soni Razdan. She has a brother, Rahul Bhatt and half-sisters Shaheen and Alia Bhatt. Her cousins are Hitarth Bhat and Emraan Hashmi.
Bhatt made her acting debut at age 17, in 1989 with Daddy, a TV film directed by her father Mahesh Bhatt. In the film she portrayed a soul-searching teenage girl in an estranged relationship with her alcoholic father, played by actor Anupam Kher.
Her biggest solo hit and her big screen debut came with a musical hit, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991), which was a remake of the Oscar-winning Hollywood classic It Happened One Night. Pooja Bhatt appeared in many bold shoots like Stardust.
Her most well-known films in the 1990s included, Sadak opposite Sanjay Dutt (1991), Junoon opposite Rahul Roy , Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin opposite Aamir Khan (1991), Sir (1993), Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee (1993), Tadipaar (1993), Ghuneghar (1994), Naaraaz (1994) opposite Mithun Chakraborty, Hum Dono, Angrakshak opposite Sunny Deol (1995), Chaahat opposite Shahrukh Khan (1996), Tamanna (1997), super-hit and multi-starrer Border (1997) and Zakhm (1998). Bhatt has also acted in some popular hit regional Indian films.
Her last film appearance was in Everybody Says I'm Fine! in 2001. She has since focused on producing and directing. She made her directorial debut with Paap in 2004, starring John Abraham and Udita Goswami. Since then, she has made four more directorial ventures: Holiday (2006), Dhokha (2007), Kajraare (2010) and Jism 2 (2012).
Awards and recognitionsEdit
|1991||Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year||Daddy||New Face Of The Year||Won|
|1997||National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues||Tamanna||Best Film On Other Social Issues|
|1999||Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration||Zakhm||Best Feature Film On National Integration|
As an actressEdit
|1991||Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin||Pooja Dharamchand|
|Saatwa Aasman||Pooja Malhotra|
|Junoon||Dr. Nita V. Chauhan|
|Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee||Pooja|
|Chor Aur Chand||Reema D. Seth|
|Kalloori Vaasal (Tamil film)||Pooja|
|Boyfriend (Telugu film)|
|Hum Dono||Priyanka Surendra Gupta|
|1997||Tamanna||Tamanna Ali Sayed|
|1998||Yeh Aashiqui Meri||Anju|
|Kabhi Na Kabhi||Tina|
|2000||Yeh Pyar Hi To Hai|
|Sanam Teri Kasam||Seema Khanna|
|2001||Everybody Says I'm Fine!||Tanya|
As a crew memberEdit
|2002||Sur: The Melody of Life||Yes||No||No|
- AP/AFP/PTI/Agencies/Twitter/Movie stills. "Birthday Exclusive: Pooja Bhatt". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Pooja Bhatt photos: 50 best looking, hot and beautiful HQ and HD photos of Pooja Bhatt".
- Pooja Bhatt Bollywood Actress Biography
- Bollywood Trade News Network (July 2007). "Tulip's one exciting girl to watch for!". GlamSham. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Jha, Subhash K (23 May 2013). "Pooja Bhatt auctions role for women's cause". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Bhatt, Pooja (21 November 2013). "My mother is Scottish,Burmese,Armenian,English. My father is half Brahmin,half Muslim & Soni is Half Kashmiri & half German.". Twitter. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Bhatt, Pooja (13 August 2013). "Did you know my maternal great-grandmother was Burmese? I now have the chance to celebrate my roots. Come join me!". Twitter. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Pooja Bhatt poses in a black bikini for Stardust with actor like Sanjay Suri and other models wearing underwear.".