Udita Goswami at Areopagus Launch Party.
9 February 1984|
Dehradun, Uttar Pradesh, India
(now in Uttarakhand, India)
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
Mohit Suri (m. 2013)
Goswami was born in Dehradun, Uttrakhand to a Garhwali father from Uttrakhand and an Assamese mother. Goswami's grandmother is a Nepalese national who is a sister of former Nepalese Prime Minister Tulsi Giri. She spent most of her childhood in Kathmandu, Nepal later she moved and she completed her education in Dehradun where she studied at Cambrian Hall and D.A.V. Public schools until class 8.
Goswami kickstarted her career as a model and later moved to expand her portfolio to the Hindi film industry.
"At 16, I walked the ramp in Dehradun for a fashion institute. After that, I shifted to Delhi to pursue my career in modelling, I sent some pictures which were taken at home to an MTV Model Mission contest. I was selected and won. Slowly, I started getting more assignments and did a lot of commercials. I became one of the top models in Delhi. I was the first one to appear on the cover of Elle magazine.", she stated in an interview. 
She worked as a model for brands like Pepsi, Titan Watches and debuted in Bollywood opposite John Abraham with Paap, which was also Pooja Bhatt's directorial debut. She later starred in Zeher alongside Emraan Hashmi and Aksar opposite Dino Morea. She also appeared with Upen Patel in Ahmed Khan's music video for the remix of Kya Khoob Lagti Ho.
|2003||Paap||Kaaya||Nominated in Zee Cine Awards for Best Female Debut|
|2006||Aksar||Sheena Roy Singh|
|2006||Dil Diya Hai||Pannu||Special appearance|
|2009||Kisse Pyaar Karoon||Sheetal|
|2012||Mere Dost Picture Abhi Baki Hai||Mohini|
|2012||Diary of a Butterfly||Gul|
- The Hitlist Team (7 February 2011). "Birthday time for Udita Goswami". Mid Day. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "'Emraan is like my brother' - Udita Goswami", Bollywood Hungama, 18 September 2007
- "'Udita Grandmother is Nepalese' - Udita Goswami", aboututtarakhand.com, 7 March 2014
- Rajul Hegde (10 May 2010). "'I don't dress to please others': Udita Goswami". Rediff.com. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "Udita and Upen team up", IndiaFM News Bureau, 19 July 2005
- TNN (28 April 2016). "Diary of a Butterfly Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "Mohit Suri, Udita Goswami marry in a private ceremony- Bollywood- Movies News-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2013-01-30. Retrieved 2013-02-12.