Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress
|Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress|
The 2019 recipient: Neena Gupta
|Awarded for||Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role|
|First awarded||Dimple Kapadia, |
|Currently held by||Neena Gupta, |
Badhaai Ho (2019)
- Two actresses have won the award in consecutive years; in chronological order, they are Manisha Koirala (1996–97) and Tabu (2000-01).
- Manisha Koirala is the only actress who has won the award for a non-Hindi film. She won her first award in 1996 for the Tamil film Bombay, which was dubbed in Hindi.
- Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor are the only siblings who have both won the award.
- There has been only one tie in the history of this category. This occurred in 2003 when Manisha Koirala and Rani Mukerji were both given the award.
- Neena Gupta is the eldest recipient, winning the award for Badhaai Ho (2018) at age 59.
- Zaira Wasim is the youngest recipient, winning the award for Secret Superstar (2017) at age 17.
- Eight actresses have won the Best Actress awards in both the popular (Best Actress) and critics categories; in chronological order, they are Dimple Kapadia, Karisma Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Kareena Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and Alia Bhatt. Mukerji is the only actress to win both these awards during the same year (2006) for Black.
- Nine actresses have won the award without receiving a Best Actress nomination. In chronological order they are: Farida Jalal for Mammo (1995), Manisha Koirala for Bombay (1996) and Company (2003), Shefali Shah for Satya (1999), Kareena Kapoor for Dev (2005), Tabu for Cheeni Kum (2008), Shahana Goswami for Rock On!! (2009), Mahi Gill for Dev.D (2010), Richa Chadda for Gangs of Wasseypur (2013) and Shilpa Shukla for B.A. Pass (2014). Among these, Shah, Goswami and Chadda were nominated for the Best Supporting Actress Award.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Kangana Ranaut, and Priyanka Chopra, have all won acting awards for Best Female Debut, Best Supporting Actress, Best Actress Popular and Best Actress Critics.
- Rani Mukerji, Karisma Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia have won Best Actress Popular and Best Supporting Actress.
- Vidya Balan has won Best Female Debut and Best Actress Popular while Tabu (actress) has won Best Female Debut and Best Supporting Actress.
List of winnersEdit
Filmfare Critics Award for Best PerformanceEdit
(From 1991 until 1997, there was one special category known as the Critics Award for Best Performance, and was awarded without prior nomination to acknowledge an actor of either sex.)
Awarded to Male Actor
- 1993 Dimple Kapadia – Rudaali
Awarded to Male Actor
- 1995 Farida Jalal – Mammo
- 1996 Manisha Koirala – Bombay
- 1997 Manisha Koirala – Khamoshi: The Musical
Filmfare Critics Award for Best ActressEdit
(The category is officially divided into two separate categories to acknowledge both male and female actors individually.)
- 2000 Tabu – Hu Tu Tu
- 2001 Tabu – Astitva
- 2002 Karisma Kapoor – Zubeidaa
- 2003 Manisha Koirala – Company (tied with) Rani Mukerji – Saathiya
- 2004 Urmila Matondkar – Bhoot
- 2005 Kareena Kapoor – Dev
- 2006 Rani Mukerji – Black
- 2007 Kareena Kapoor – Omkara
- 2008 Tabu – Cheeni Kum
- 2009 Shahana Goswami – Rock On!!
- 2010 Mahi Gill – Dev.D
- 2011 Vidya Balan – Ishqiya
- 2012 Priyanka Chopra – 7 Khoon Maaf
- 2013 Richa Chadda – Gangs of Wasseypur
- 2014 Shilpa Shukla – B.A. Pass
- 2015 Alia Bhatt – Highway
- 2016 Kangana Ranaut – Tanu Weds Manu Returns
- 2017 Sonam Kapoor – Neerja
- 2018 Zaira Wasim – Secret Superstar
- 2019 Neena Gupta - Badhaai Ho
- "Critics Best Actor in Leading Role Female 2017 Nominees | Filmfare Awards". filmfare.com. Retrieved 20 January 2018.