Osleidys Menéndez Sáez (Spanish pronunciation: [osˈleiðis meˈnendes ˈsaeθ]; born November 14, 1979) is a retired Cuban track and field athlete who competed in the javelin throw. She was a World and Olympic Champion, and held the world record from 2001 to 2008. Her personal best of 71.70 m remains the North, Central American and Caribbean record and ranks her third on the overall list.
|Full name||Osleidys Menéndez Sáez|
|Born||November 14, 1979 (age 40)|
Martí, Matanzas, Cuba
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||NACACR 71.70 m (2006)|
|Updated on 17 June 2013.|
When winning the 2005 World Athletics Championships, Menéndez broke her own world record with a throw of 71.70 m. This record was broken by Olympic champion Barbora Špotáková in September 2008 with a throw of 72.28 m.
She won the Cuban National Games in 2004.
- Javelin throw: 71.10 m – Helsinki, 14 August 2005
- Menendez and Betanzos star in high quality Cuban National Olympics, IAAF, 25 April 2004, retrieved 31 March 2012
- Representing the Americas
- Osleidys Menéndez at IAAF
- Osleidys Menéndez at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Tilastopaja biography
- Ecured biography (in Spanish)
- Picture of Osleidys Menéndez
| Women's Javelin Best Year Performance