Ministry of Civil Aviation (India)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Ministry of Civil Aviation of Government of India is the nodal Ministry responsible for the formulation of national policies and programmes for development and regulation of Civil Aviation and for devising and implementing schemes for the orderly growth and expansion of civil air transport. Its functions also extend to overseeing airport facilities, air traffic services and carriage of passengers and goods by air. The Ministry also administers implementation of the Aircraft Act, 1934, Aircraft Rules, 1937 and is administratively responsible for the Commission of Railways Safety.
|Jurisdiction||Republic of India|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Civil Aviation|
Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan
|Annual budget||₹6,602.86 crore (US$920 million) (2018-19 est.)|
|Deputy Minister responsible|
Composition of the ministryEdit
The ministry is under the charge of minister Suresh Prabhu.
The Secretary, an IAS officer, is administrative the head of the Ministry and is assisted by one Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser, three Joint Secretaries, seven officers of the level of Director / Deputy Secretary / Financial Controller and ten officers of the level of Under Secretary. It is located at Rajiv Gandhi Bhavan, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi.
The Ministry has under its purview the following organisations:
- Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)
- Commission of Railway Safety
- The commission is the rail safety authority in India, as directed by the 1989 Railways Act. The agency investigates rail accidents.
- Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB)
PSUs and Joint VenturesEdit
Ministers of Civil AviationEdit
- "Budget data" (PDF). www.indiabudget.gov.in. 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 2013-06-01.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Ministry of Civil Aviation." Government of India. Retrieved on 20 February 2012.
- "Commission of Railway Safety Archived 29 October 2012 at the Wayback Machine." Ministry of Civil Aviation. Retrieved on 19 February 2012.
- "Fifth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : RAJ BAHADUR, SHRI".
- "(RAJYA SABHA MEMBERS, BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES, 1952 - 2003: S)" (PDF).
- "9th Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : KAUSHIK, SHRI PURUSHOTTAM".
- "8th Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : KHAN, SHRI KHURSHED ALAM".
- Minister of State (Independent Charge)
- "Fourteenth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : Tytler,Shri Jagdish".
- Tytler was Minister of State (Independent Charge) till July 1987
- "(RAJYA SABHA MEMBERS, BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES, 1952 - 2003: V)" (PDF).
- "Vayudoot remains Harsh Vardhan's show". India Today.
- "Thirteenth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : Patil,Shri Shivraj V."
- "Biographical Sketch, Member of Parliament, 12th Lok Sabha : KHAN, SHRI ARIF MOHAMMED".
- "9th Lok Sabha, Members Bioproile : DHAWAN, SHRI HARMOHAN".
- "Thirteenth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : Scindia,Shri Madhavrao".
- "Thirteenth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : Dhananjaya Kumar,Shri Venur".
- "(RAJYA SABHA MEMBERS, BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES, 1952 - 2003: I)" (PDF).
- "Sixteenth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : Ananth Kumar,Shri".
- "Fifteenth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : Yadav, Shri Sharad".
- "Fifteenth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : Hussain,Shri Syed Shahnawaz".
- "Sixteenth Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile : Rudy,Shri Rajiv Pratap".